Rich dentist sues Cory Lidle's widow for $7 million

leedsunited

Wheres the link?

Also if this guys apartment was damaged by the crash he is entitled under the law for some compensation.

That's what insurance is for. The man can have some decency here, he's suing someone who was not involved in the accident in question.

Here's the link:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/base...writethru.0511/

what a scumbag, the damage was caused by a freak accident (key word being ACCIDENT). This guy probably has the bucks to buy a new apartment/place of residence and not even feel a hit to his wallet.

It's a shame lawsuits like this have to happen.

We can start by shooting all of the lawyers!*

*I know a good place for you to hide, leopard88... :)

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Gang, he's suing Cory Lidle's estate, not the widow.

I think Yale will back me up on this, but this is a fairly common practice (and in some cases a necessity) to coerce insurance companies to cough up. In fact my cousin had a similar situation when her first husband was killed accidentally in a plane crash; she had to file three different suits just to get the ball rolling towards a settlement.

In this case its not mentioned, but in all likelihood there's a boatload of co-defendants, including Lidle's insurance companies and probably even his own.

Basically it appears the guy's trying to get reimbursed for the market value of having his home rebuilt, which I honestly see nothing wrong with. New York real estate is insanely priced, so $7 million is probably just getting fair market value in this case.

nav-logo.png

The plane, with Lidle and flight instructor Tyler Stanger aboard, hit the Upper East Side building on the 30th floor, 13 floors below Rosenthal's apartment, on Oct 11. Lidle, 34, and Stanger, 26, were killed in the crash.
Rosenthal was in the news in January, when he sued best-selling dating-book author Ellen Fein for $5 million after she called him a quack on the LyingDentist.com and BadDentist.com Web sites. She accused him of ruining her mouth.

looks like a he wants to change his job description from DDS to Professional Plaintiff...

The plane, with Lidle and flight instructor Tyler Stanger aboard, hit the Upper East Side building on the 30th floor, 13 floors below Rosenthal's apartment, on Oct 11. Lidle, 34, and Stanger, 26, were killed in the crash.
Rosenthal was in the news in January, when he sued best-selling dating-book author Ellen Fein for $5 million after she called him a quack on the LyingDentist.com and BadDentist.com Web sites. She accused him of ruining her mouth.

looks like a he wants to change his job description from DDS to Professional Plaintiff...

I tried posted the same quotes earlier but for some reason it didn't post. This is rediculous... this dude is a total scumab. I'd understand if his appartment was HIT, not just being 13 stories above and being almost the entire floor...

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

The guy's a complete douchebag. I don't care if the lawsuit is supposed to jar insurance companies to pay off, i'm sure that dick has enough juice to jar some without droppin' another frivolous lawsuit.

http://deadspin.com/sports/baseball/bad-de...tist-241011.php

Yeah I think essentially that is what this is for too. He has the right to get reimbursed and I'm sure Liddle's insurance will get the bill.

He has a right to be reimbursed by his INSURANCE. Not the estate of Cory Lidle.

He has a right to be reimbursed by his INSURANCE. Not the estate of Cory Lidle.

And his insurance can duke it out with Lidle's insurance if they want to argue about fault and liability. Dragging the widow into it accomplishes nothing.

Plus he just lost any professional baseball player as a potential client.

Guys- Dentists AREN'T billionaires. They bring in a couple hundred grand a year. Those appartments in the city might cost 500,000. If his insurance doesn't cover plane crashes (and it just might not -- what insurance would) then he's f***cked. my dad's a dentist and trust me he wouldnt be able to come up with 1/2 a mill to replace a house.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

Guys- Dentists AREN'T billionaires. They bring in a couple hundred grand a year. Those appartments in the city might cost 500,000.

They cost way more that 500,000. We are talking about the middle of Manhattan here they probably cost a few million.

Just because you have a good job and you make a bunch of money doesn't mean you can just throw your "juice" around. Because he's rich he should just pay it himself? Please, thats ridiculous he has just as much right as everyone else to be reimbursed fairly. I believe what he is doing is just a technique to get the insurance company to pay up anyway (as The Mad Mac stated).

Now that being said the guy could be a total :censored:. If he is directly attacking Lidle's widow than shame on him, but if hes just going after Lidle's estate in order to be reimbursed than I really don't see that big of a problem. In the end the insurance company should pay the bill anyway and if they don't the dentist should be payed by someone.

Proud owner of the Utah Pioneers of the Continnental Baseball League.

GBCanada.png

PACKER BACKER FOREVER!

Oh, wait. I didn't catch that part of the article.

Okay. The guy should have his nuts cut off with a chainsaw.

nav-logo.png

13 floors below? Wow, I don't see how that equals 7 Million dollars of damage. I now agree, this guy does seem like a money hungry dick.

Proud owner of the Utah Pioneers of the Continnental Baseball League.

GBCanada.png

PACKER BACKER FOREVER!

Archived