new kits for 07/08 season

kc51design

Sure is.

I'm fascinated by the European conceit of advertising the new shirts with beautiful women. That just hasn't caught on here.

yeah, I'm just as surprised by that as you are, to be honest. I hardly dismiss a chance to enjoy good looking women.

Heck, the Sun sells topless pictures of girls stripping out of Premiership shirts. I can't imagine the Yankee or Jets licensing that to the Post.

Every now and then, you see clubs pushing the line a little. The NFL body paint series in the SI swimsuit issue and all that, but that's as far as it goes.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love when Arsenal goes to a maroon look. It's so classy.

Redcurrant!

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

New Premiership Sleeve Patch:

premsleevenadgede6.png

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Sure is.

I'm fascinated by the European conceit of advertising the new shirts with beautiful women. That just hasn't caught on here.

yeah, I'm just as surprised by that as you are, to be honest. I hardly dismiss a chance to enjoy good looking women.

Heck, the Sun sells topless pictures of girls stripping out of Premiership shirts. I can't imagine the Yankee or Jets licensing that to the Post.

Every now and then, you see clubs pushing the line a little. The NFL body paint series in the SI swimsuit issue and all that, but that's as far as it goes.

I like to think more specifically of a girl in a body painted Oregon State football jersey for the Girls of the Pac-10 Playboy a few years ago, but that's just me ;)

harperdc.gif

I like to think more specifically of a girl in a body painted Oregon State football jersey for the Girls of the Pac-10 Playboy a few years ago, but that's just me ;)

Oregon State?

But... you're a Duck?!

That's just wrong.

Ah, but you see, the entire rest of Doug's (harperdc's) family are beavers - he grew up loving OSU, and his sister is a current student in the graphic design program. I remember his dad giving some friendly teasing about Doug going to UO. The reason Doug is a duck at all is because UO has a pretty darn good Journalism school, which is what Doug is majoring in - does OSU even have a J school?

OD_Signature.jpg

Sorry all, here's the new Fulham kit, for real this time:

1.jpg

It's a classy look, but it doesn't bowl me over. However, someone who has more of an appreciation for Fulham's history might have a stronger reaction.

I really like it. Solid, it's a change shirt but still uses the team colors, bold yet classic design.

Another home run for Nike.

If only the MetroStars could have looked this good in their red and black stripes - it's a great contrast between Nike's recent run of excellent and Reebok's terrible modern templates.

it should look classy, it's the freaking Inter kit with red.

on a tangent: Explanation from Arsenal a bit more on the Herbert Chapman tie-in for the new white kit, taken from Arseblog:

As a club we do have an acute sense of our past and what we stand for – however this includes a sense of being progressive. Our values are summarised as ‘tradition with vision’. We have been associated with bold first moves throughout our history as well as financial prudence and dependability – the marriage of these two elements is the essence of Arsenal.

Herbert Chapman embodied this values, hence why we have championed him this year – and in the case of the white shirt we feel that it is a good association as he was very associated with ‘white’, which is included as part of our marketing of the shirt.

Over an above this, white shirts are very much a part of the clubs’s heritage. For example, in 1935, Ted Drake scored 7 goals for Arsenal against Aston villa wearing a white shirt (picture attached). There are many other examples of white shirts being used throughout Arsenal’s shirt (please refer to the website over the coming weeks for more examples of this).

So, in summary, we are very sensitive to our heritage – but that does not mean being afraid to be bold, in fact that is very much a part of what Arsenal is about.

another interesting fact out of that is that they're going to put up a bit more kit history on their site, so it seems, if only to legitimize the white. Interesting.

----

believe me, I have my boundaries - if that chick was in Husky purple and gold...;) it doesn't matter, I was more pointing out another example of body-painted jerseys than anything else. and divided loyalties? No way at all. I might pull for OSU the same way I'll pull for a Pac-10 or West Coast team over most anyone else, but the only OSU team I'll actively be a fan of is the baseball team, and that's because we don't have one. I may have been raised one way, but my blood's green and yellow (NOT thunder and lightning, though).

harperdc.gif

Sorry all, here's the new Fulham kit, for real this time:

1.jpg

It's a classy look, but it doesn't bowl me over. However, someone who has more of an appreciation for Fulham's history might have a stronger reaction.

Actually, those look nice! Nike is really outdoing adidas when it comes to revamped kits this season.

Now, if Fulham would actually do a crest re-do instead of hanging onto that lazy brand they have.

Wow that's bright...is this for real? lol

caway.jpg

Damn, that's as bad as Barcelona's orange (or chartreuse, for that matter!) and Wolfsburg's neon during the Reyna years.

Thank God nobody's gone fuchsia. Sport Boys, Palermo, and Juve is enough, with that pink!

Aw, I liked the "orange". Then again, I'm a fan of the Cincinnati Bengals' orange alternates for the simle fact that it's orange, so idk if you can take my opinion on that seriously :P

Anyways, Barca is looking good, as always. Nike continues to do wonders with football, yet destroy everything else. I only wish they'd fix that, and stop having these dark dark preview photos :P

Archived