new kits for 07/08 season

kc51design

Panorama view of the new Arsenal Change kit:

http://www.arsenal.com/images/a/awaykit0708_panorama.jpg

Bonus points for the person who names the Gunners, from left to right. Took me a minute for 1-2 of them, but I got 'em all.

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Senderos, Denilson, Walcott, Toure (?), Adebayor (?), Diaby (?), Henry, Gilberto, Cesc, Rosicky.

interesting to see who's *not* pictured, namely Ljungberg and Hleb. I know there's a dearth of Nike Arsenal players in the pic, but still, guys like Diaby and Toure aren't Nike players either...hmm.

harperdc.gif

new Liverpool away goalkeeper's shirt :(

Away-Goalie-Top51351.jpg

Shocking. Absolutely shocking.

While I'm on the topic, can anyone shed some light on how adidas shirts fit compared to Reebok soccer/football shirts? I have an XL in Reebok so will that be an XL in adidas as well?

I like the new keeper's jersey. I would like to get one myself, but the only place I've found them is on the LFC website and shipping from the UK brings the cost of a jersey to $120. Anyone know when the new jerseys will be available stateside and where at?

I gotta admit, those new arsenal kits are very classy. I like those a lot.

Yes, they are.

Too bad the associations with a white shirt are so strong. The Red Sox would look pretty classy if they adopted midnight navy pinstripes, but I don't think their fans would be very happy to see it....

As much as I cant stand Arsenal , my respect for the team has increased with the classy kit release photoshoot....Nicely done, Goons...

Not mine. They basically ignored the planning application for their new stadium by not upgrading two rail links to the ground... and now have the hide to do their new kit photoshoot on a rail platform? Pure cheek!

liverpool-1.png

Justin Hoyte

*ding*

The Nation and harperdc get credit for picking the rest. Hoyte took me the longest, and strangely enough, it took me a minute to decide that Senderos wasn't Ljungberg. :blink:

BTW, about the photo, if you look at it really close, you see all of the players were Photoshopped into the image of the Tube station. Look at the shadows at their feet. :)

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

At first I thought the new Arsenal top was too plain, but upon further inspection, there is a subtle pattern of horizontal ridges, and some sharp gold trim on the collar and cuffs:

ArsASS0708_Detail.jpg

If anyone here is purchasing one, you've got plently of ways to find the fakes.

1.jpg

This could well be the biggest upgrade of the year.

Yet another quality kit from Nike - I continue to be amazed.

Two questions:

Where can I get one?

and

Where can I get last year's kit?

BONUS QUESTION: Will Clint Dempsey continue to wear #23 for the Cottagers this season? If so, I'd have to personalize this year's kit with his name and number.

Archived