Another Colorado Rapids question

roxfan00

Is it me or on Clavijo's(Rapids Head Coach) warmup it says "FC" below the Adidas logo? Didn't know they were going to use "FC" in their name.

Valencia-Press.gif

Nevermind I figured it's probably Fernado Clavijo's initials. lol

"Mr. President, call in the National Guard! Send as many men as you can spare! Because we are killing the Patriots! They need emergency help!" - Shannon Sharpe

Let's see...

His first name is Fernando..."F"

Last name is Clavijo..."C"

Put them together and you get "FC". Probably used to assist locating his since all warmpus look alike.

Ingenious.

Yup figured that out before you posted.

"Mr. President, call in the National Guard! Send as many men as you can spare! Because we are killing the Patriots! They need emergency help!" - Shannon Sharpe

It's pretty common in the footballing world:

wenger_arsene_afc_profile_2006.jpg

Since the coaches wear the same practice gear as the players, but don't have numbers, it lets the equipment managers keep all the clothes straight.

FWIW, they were going to use "FC" had they changed the club's name to Arsenal Colorado.

FWIW, they were going to use "FC" had they changed the club's name to Arsenal Colorado.

On a semi-related note, I really like the trend towards classic soccer names in MLS. Toronto FC, DC United (which also did something I love by using DC instead of Washington), CD Chivas USA, FC Dallas and Real Salt Lake. I wouldv'e loved to have seen them become Arsenal Colorado FC.

jman077.png

Sig courtesy of LEWJ

Is it me or on Clavijo's(Rapids Head Coach) warmup it says "FC" below the Adidas logo? Didn't know they were going to use "FC" in their name.

Valencia-Press.gif

out of curiosity, but what jersey is that Toyota one?

Valencia-Press.gif

out of curiosity, but what jersey is that Toyota one?

I'm pretty certain it's Valencia CF out of Spain.

esp_valencia_1_0607.gif

And some snooty folks reverse their initials on their training kit, like a certain conceited Portuguese acting smug at a site misnamed after a town in east Yorkshire...

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

valencia's shirt it is. and gothamite's right on the money with his explanation about the coache's initials. By the way, gothamite, way to explain the situation with a pic of our fearless leader mr. wenger. too bad he's not wearing his magic hat in that photo :P

Thank you - always willing to oblige. Although I'm thinking the magic hat is in the shop this month (not bad for a rebuilding year, but still not what I'm used to seeing from the lads).

even better question: what the deuce is Fernando Morientes doing anywhere *near* Colorado? He can't be that washed up yet...

Valencia's kit is one of my faves too, especially this year's. if I had to name a Spanish team to support, I think it'd have to be them.

harperdc.gif

even better question: what the deuce is Fernando Morientes doing anywhere *near* Colorado? He can't be that washed up yet...

Valencia's kit is one of my faves too, especially this year's. if I had to name a Spanish team to support, I think it'd have to be them.

from the advertising behind him, it looks like its in spain (llanera, mahou etc)...have the rapids been training out there recently?

from the advertising behind him, it looks like its in spain (llanera, mahou etc)...have the rapids been training out there recently?

Yes, I believe the Rapids site has a story about them beating Valencia's youth team.

I'm with Harper on the Valencia kit comment. I'm an Arsenal supporter, but I'm really liking both Valencia's kits this year -- i love the bat crest -- and the way the team plays. ON a side note, when I was in Italy a few years ago, a street vendor was selling knock-off kits for $10 a pop. I bought two and he threw a third one in for free -- a Valencia shirt for a retired player named Carboni.

On another side note, when is an MLS club other than RSL going to show their new kits for the season? The first game is coming up in the first week of April.

Colorado is in Spain training at the Valencia facilities....and yes they played the Valencia youth team...but next week they are playing Valencia CF in a friendly and I guess the game is going to be televised on FSC but i'm not sure.

They were also training at the Arensal facilities last week in England and played two friendlies against Millwall of League 1 and Barnett of League 2....apparently Arsene Wenger watched both games closely.

On another side note, when is an MLS club other than RSL going to show their new kits for the season? The first game is coming up in the first week of April.

Helps to check the online store.

Toronto Home

369_1008317.jpg

Toronto Change

369_1008329.jpg

Colorado Home and Change

rapidsimage.jpg

Dynamo have been wearing theirs throughout the CONCACAF Champions Cup.

Yes, I've checked the online store. But thanks for pointing out the obvious, anyway.

But you would notice by looking at the online store that it also identifies the 2007 LA Galaxy jerseys as being the same yellow/green strips they wore last year -- despite all of the public pronouncements that they will be changing colors.

Also, RSL has shown they will be wearing strips with their shirt-sponsor, Xango. Yet, the online store shows the same kits they wore last year.

Again, thanks for your condescending reply. But I've always assumed the kits you showed and the kits on the MLS store Web site are merely placeholders until the new kits -- with shirt sponsors -- are unveiled.

• LMU locked this topic

Archived