2007 ESPN Opener

vikmurphy

Just you. Horizontal scorebugs are wretched. I'd rather just have three lines off to the corner than one long one. Too distracting.

I hate it. The TV I have in my room is only 24", so the top gets cut off.

No offense, but buy a new TV. I already don't like the extra space at the top or bottom of the screen that they allow for people with older TVs.

No offense, but buy a new TV. I already don't like the extra space at the top or bottom of the screen that they allow for people with older TVs.

Yes, by all means go out and spend a bunch of money on a new TV because someone else has a problem with ESPN's graphics. Seems like a reasonable request to me. :D

BB52Big.jpg

Maybe in the future, you can set a preference on the ESPN channel to turn all of the bells and whistles crap off. That's what I would want. I'd like to see a return to the old days, when you got the score and the top and bottom of an inning. Same holds true for football -- the score doesn't change often enough to necessitate its constant presence on the screen.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Maybe in the future, you can set a preference on the ESPN channel to turn all of the bells and whistles crap off. That's what I would want. I'd like to see a return to the old days, when you got the score and the top and bottom of an inning. Same holds true for football -- the score doesn't change often enough to necessitate its constant presence on the screen.

That's a good idea. ESPN Lite or FOX Lite or something like that. It would probably have to be a special channel as opposed to a preference, but that would be sweet. I'm also not one who needs to be reminded of the score every second of the game.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I would love to have a future where the fan can customize their on-screen presentation to their own whims. Here's some ideas:

1. Choose any camera angle. Have a bar on the side of the screen with live pIp of multiple camera shots and choose whichever one you want, while the actual broadcast shot is on the bottom corner of the screen.

2. Several different scorecard options to choose from. Present a basic scoreboard with the score and the bases and be able to position it or lay it out anywhere on the screen. If things adapt to work like the Wii so the remote control becomes like a mouse on your TV screen.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I'm not opposed to a score display all game long. Sometimes I tune into a game late, and I'd like to know the score, or maybe I'm just checking in for a second. As long as it's presented well, I'm for it. This new presentation isn't good, though.

Yes, by all means go out and spend a bunch of money on a new TV because someone else has a problem with ESPN's graphics. Seems like a reasonable request to me. :D

I have a 9" TV in my room. And it looks fine, can clearly see it all.

:D

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

I like it very clean and crisp. I think the on- deck and bullpen info displayed under the line should be bigger. I think the NBA on ESPN line should be on the top too. The days of the on screen scoreboard is here to stay eventhough in certain sports information is not always changing.

moss_moon.gif

Archived