Kyrgyzstan Nightkats Uniform, Logo and Rink Concepts

Alphabet Man

This, folks, is the identity for my proposed IHL team.

When choosing I wanted to find a place that is lacking in professional sports (unless rioting and killing presidents if they dont quit is a sport). So this place is definately a place that needs hockey. Hockey is a sport that needs Kyrgyzstan (by the way, I'm learning to spell that pretty quickly).

Logos.jpg

Jerseys.jpg

Rink.jpg

And, I don't know what exactly a Nightkat is but I am reliably informed that they are the most common animal in Kyrgyzstan aswell as being the reason of 99% of deaths not caused by rioting.

I thought for a team placed in such a country, I had to find colours that sort of resemble the area of Central Asia. I think I somewhat did that. I'm not sure how many other teams have vertical stripes.

What ya's think?

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

OK, so you can spell Kyrgyzstan

But you can't spell Cat.

The colours do not represent Central Asia to me, they say Western Europe. Well, the German and Belgian parts of Western Europe any way. Deep Red and Gold would have done the trick. Maybe some Dennis Blue as an accent.

Verticle stripes, well, I think the North Americans will have to learn to get used to them over the coming years, but are perhaps not quite ready for such an invasion of Secondary and Tertiary colours onto the Primary base. Looks like the 1915 StKilda jumper, but is that deliberate or not?

So my overall impression is not a bad start, but some real work needed.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

by using a bastardisation of an already bastardised (or more aptly an americanised) word. ie Kats of nightKats (ive never seen a nightcat?) do you not think that some of the kyrgyztani identity has been replaced by another douchy american team name that means absolutely nothing?

why not find out what the national symbols (and their respective names) are and try and create a more fitting national identity. attributing very heavy handed american style aesthetics to a team from a very different culture is at best a little anachronistic. i would imagine they probably use a crylic alphabet there too.

i like the stripes tho. not enough of that in hockey.

purely a design thing: words shouldnt gernerally angle down. it gives the word a sort of negative inflection.

by using a bastardisation of an already bastardised (or more aptly an americanised) word. ie Kats of nightKats (ive never seen a nightcat?) do you not think that some of the kyrgyztani identity has been replaced by another douchy american team name that means absolutely nothing?

why not find out what the national symbols (and their respective names) are and try and create a more fitting national identity. attributing very heavy handed american style aesthetics to a team from a very different culture is at best a little anachronistic. i would imagine they probably use a crylic alphabet there too.

purely a design thing: words shouldnt gernerally angle down. it gives the word a sort of negative inflection.

Matt won't answer this for a little while, he has to look up "douchy", "aesthetics", "anachronistic" & "Cyrllic".

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Matt won't answer this for a little while, he has to look up "douchy", "aesthetics", "anachronistic" & "Cyrllic".

from your (obviously correct) spellings of those words, it looks like i should too.

don't be flaming...it ruins the fun of making concepts

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

OK, so you can spell Kyrgyzstan

But you can't spell Cat.

The colours do not represent Central Asia to me, they say Western Europe. Well, the German and Belgian parts of Western Europe any way. Deep Red and Gold would have done the trick. Maybe some Dennis Blue as an accent.

Verticle stripes, well, I think the North Americans will have to learn to get used to them over the coming years, but are perhaps not quite ready for such an invasion of Secondary and Tertiary colours onto the Primary base. Looks like the 1915 StKilda jumper, but is that deliberate or not?

So my overall impression is not a bad start, but some real work needed.

Actually started out as more of a Adelaide jumper then i decided to go vertical lines, as my old team (jokers) was horizontal. Was not meant to be anythign resembling St Kilda.

from your (obviously correct) spellings of those words, it looks like i should too.

Or I won't be able to answer it for a while because I'm at school perhaps.

I've never heard of a NightKat either, but I thought the K would look Americanish for an American sport. The name Kyrgyzstan NightKats rolls of the tongue sort of. It's some sort of a black cat.

To me, Cats are an animal associated with Central Asia and that are of the world and black cats to me, come out at night, hence night cats. I think it makes sense.

Kyrgyzstan is west of China. Central Asia. Was part of Soviet Russia.

to be honest, i thought i made some fairly useful suggestions. if this were a proposed design for the real national team, they wouldnt use it. it has no relavence to their culture. so i gave my opinion as to how he could improve it. i also commented that i liked some aspects of his design and its not a bad start.

its a design forum, im sure if he wanted someone to tell him it looked perfect, hed just show his mother.

to be honest, i thought i made some fairly useful suggestions. if this were a proposed design for the real national team, they wouldnt use it. it has no relavence to their culture. so i gave my opinion as to how he could improve it. i also commented that i liked some aspects of his design and its not a bad start.

its a design forum, im sure if he wanted someone to tell him it looked perfect, hed just show his mother.

Err I'm pretty sure that's someone else's post you posted.

I'm not complaining about you guys giving some ideas, although this isn't for the national team.

I'm not complaining about you guys giving some ideas, although this isn't for the national team.

Yeah davo's not replying to you Mat, he's justifying what he's said earlier, which was in no way flaming.

I agree with him, a Kyrgyzstan team would obviously have something intrinsically Kyrgyzstani about them.

1. NightKats don't even exist, and while a funky name, bears no relation to the country or region.

You could have gone for Snow Leopards, Eagles, Falcons, Deer, Antelope or Ibex. All are native to the region.

2. The colours don't really represent the country or region either.

Flaming would be criticism that does not offer any assistance, and I hope you don't take what Davo or I have said as such. But it would appear that both of us think there's enough to like about it, but there's also stuff that needs changing.

That's a funny line.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Ok, then maybe the fact that it carries the name of a country is quite confusing...

It`s like saying that a concept called ''The Canada Beavers'' wouldn`t be a national one...

Anyway! have a nice day you all!

Le QUÉBÉCOIS

sign_zps3c6a5c3f.jpg

I saw this on the IHL spread, and I must say, its wild! I like the colors, and the stripes, but not in the face-off circle! ahhh! One question: why is the cat's...or kat's ears opaque in the middle?

I think the outline is a tad too thick. Without an outline its fine.

Ok, then maybe the fact that it carries the name of a country is quite confusing...

It`s like saying that a concept called ''The Canada Beavers'' wouldn`t be a national one...

Anyway! have a nice day you all!

It makes sense. You have New Zealand Warriors in the NRL, they are a club team not a national team. A more American example is the Florida Marlins, they aren't the state side, they use the state name.

Yeah davo's not replying to you Mat, he's justifying what he's said earlier, which was in no way flaming.

I agree with him, a Kyrgyzstan team would obviously have something intrinsically Kyrgyzstani about them.

1. NightKats don't even exist, and while a funky name, bears no relation to the country or region.

You could have gone for Snow Leopards, Eagles, Falcons, Deer, Antelope or Ibex. All are native to the region.

2. The colours don't really represent the country or region either.

Flaming would be criticism that does not offer any assistance, and I hope you don't take what Davo or I have said as such. But it would appear that both of us think there's enough to like about it, but there's also stuff that needs changing.

That's a funny line.

Hang on, I get you now. I thought that was mod edit, because some of the stuff written in this thread changed yesterday between me reading it and finishing replying.

The countries flag colours are red and yellow, a colour that goes with it in my opinion is black.

Does Power have any relation to Port Adelaide? Titans any relation to Gold Coast? A Warrior to Golden State?

It's a club team, not a national team, doesn't exactly need to have national colours.

It makes sense. You have New Zealand Warriors in the NRL, they are a club team not a national team. A more American example is the Florida Marlins, they aren't the state side, they use the state name.

okay but what colours do the new zealand warriors wear and what is their logo etc. black and a tapa style face with moko tatoos on. both being national references.

Archived