2007 Stanley Cup Finals

NJTank

thats a very good preview, however you missed Ottawas defense which in reality has made Ray Emery look very good. Volchenkov and Phillips have made life a living hell for Sidney Crosby and Redden hasnt had a goal scored while he was on the ice since when? I think this will be a more even series than most think. I cant really pick a winner, its too hard, and i dont have the guts to go either way.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Alfie has been the main reason why the Sens have had success. He played his best hockey at the right time, and it gave the Sens a huge boost. I don't think he has run out of gas just yet. Not when the stakes are even higher.

Alfie has been the main reason why the Sens have had success. He played his best hockey at the right time, and it gave the Sens a huge boost. I don't think he has run out of gas just yet. Not when the stakes are even higher.

Well its not that he will run out of gas, its that he will lose his momentum after 9 days off.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Ducks in 7 has been my prediction for the last week as well.

We shall see.

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

Ducks in 5.

Ottawa's got no shot.

Ottawa has a shot they have been playing IMO the best of any team in the playoffs this season. Although they have only played 1 more game than the Sens the Ducks had a more grinding road to the final than Ottawa did. I like Ottawa's offense over Anaheim's. The Ducks have the edge defensively but Niedermayer seems like he is hurt and didn't play well overall against Detroit (I know he got 2 key goals). Ottawa plays a strong team defensive game as well. Sure Anaheim also has Giggypuff and his massive pads but he had in a few goals against Detroit and if you remember back in 03 he played terrible in the Final against NJ. He's not a athletic goaltender by any means he's a positional goaltender that uses borderline illegal pads to stop shots. If you can get guys to the front and get him moving he can be beaten easily. Alfredsson, Heatley, and Spezza can do that.

Ottawa has been a machine this playoffs. I think the Ducks will give them all they can handle but I'm going Sens in 6 or 7.

Having watched the two conference finals, this should be a pretty easy pick: Senators in 5 or 6. Anaheim survived the Detroit series, but if they repeat that performance, they'll get manhandled by Ottawa. The Senators have clearly been the best team in the playoffs.

So far in Game 2 the Ducks seem to have learned their lessons from the Detroit series. They did get a little reckless in the 2nd period, but were able to kill off the 5-on-3 they got. So far in the 3rd, they have tied the game up and clearly have the momentum. Once again they have been able to make defensive stands when they need to.

The Sens are holding their own, but have been a bit back on their heels this period and have been on the penalty kill for much of the period so far.

Update: The Ducks get a late goal and withstand a Senator rally to win Game 1, 3-2.

CCSLC signature.png

i thought it was a very entertaining game, but what i noticed was the Pahlsson line totally took the Alfredsson line out of the game by pushing them hard and making them play defense, which is how Moen scored the winner. the Pahlsson line was the best line out there the entire game and if they can keep it up, it may be a shorter series than we all expect.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

• 2 weeks later...

Ducks in 5.

Ottawa's got no shot.

Ottawa has a shot they have been playing IMO the best of any team in the playoffs this season. Although they have only played 1 more game than the Sens the Ducks had a more grinding road to the final than Ottawa did. I like Ottawa's offense over Anaheim's. The Ducks have the edge defensively but Niedermayer seems like he is hurt and didn't play well overall against Detroit (I know he got 2 key goals). Ottawa plays a strong team defensive game as well. Sure Anaheim also has Giggypuff and his massive pads but he had in a few goals against Detroit and if you remember back in 03 he played terrible in the Final against NJ. He's not a athletic goaltender by any means he's a positional goaltender that uses borderline illegal pads to stop shots. If you can get guys to the front and get him moving he can be beaten easily. Alfredsson, Heatley, and Spezza can do that.

Ottawa has been a machine this playoffs. I think the Ducks will give them all they can handle but I'm going Sens in 6 or 7.

You were saying?

Ducks in 5.

Ottawa's got no shot.

You were saying?

You win the day.

Archived