NFL alternate logos

chestnutz

I'll have to put together a list of the valid/still-in-use logos. Most of the ones that were formerly used are no longer "in circulation"...like that full-bodied Panthers logo for example...

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That 'NE' Patriots hat reminds me of this odd-looking Bucs logo that featured the 'TB' in the team script. I've only seen it on hats a few times, and not recently, but it was just the letter logo with that sword-like script that the rest of the logos use. It was very much different from any other Bucs logo I've seen.

Don't the Bengals have a logo of a full-bodied tiger that they sometimes used? It used to be their midfield logo at Paul Brown Stadium, but I think it has been relegated to a more minor role with their change to the 'B' logo.

The "full-bodied tiger" was also on the sleeve from 1997 until they switched over to the new unis a few years back, if I remember correctly.

It is what it is.

That 'NE' Patriots hat reminds me of this odd-looking Bucs logo that featured the 'TB' in the team script. I've only seen it on hats a few times, and not recently, but it was just the letter logo with that sword-like script that the rest of the logos use. It was very much different from any other Bucs logo I've seen.

Yep, that sounds like one of the Nike logos, all right.

You can throw in the Chicago wishbone 'C' logo with the bear head as an alt logo. I'm not sure how often it is used as an official alt logo anymore, but I know it was used extensively in the past years on various merchandise that they sold (and I bought).

JAX_596.gif

But why is he eating another jaguar? That poor animal, waving its last paw as it goes down the cannibal-cat's throat. Shouldn't the jaguar be eating a falcon or something, instead of another jaguar?

Which is to say, "No, I don't wonder why the jags don't use this alt logo so much."

20082614447.png

JAX_596.gif

But why is he eating another jaguar? That poor animal, waving its last paw as it goes down the cannibal-cat's throat. Shouldn't the jaguar be eating a falcon or something, instead of another jaguar?

Which is to say, "No, I don't wonder why the jags don't use this alt logo so much."

Actually that logo would look better on the Jags helmet then that current decapitated cat look. I guess that jaguar has been drinking lime Kool-Aid to get a teal tongue like that...

The Jacksonville Bulls had a much better logo than the Jags.

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

Found a couple of alts. on logoserver.com/nfl

Some have been mentioned, some not, but here's a visual.

ChicagoBears3.GIFCincinnatiBengals2.GIF

DenverBroncosFull.GIF

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

DenverBroncosFull.GIF

This is the ugliest thing, or at least a logo that irritates me a great deal. It's a horse with some kind of modified human body. Freakish! It's got biceps, and is standing up. I'm no equine expert, but I don't think a horse can do this little jig without breaking its back. I know that animal logos should be given artistic license, but this man-steed goes outside that line.

If they wanted something extra to incorporate the Bronco head, they could have done better. Please make it go away.

DenverBroncosFull.GIF

This is the ugliest thing, or at least a logo that irritates me a great deal. It's a horse with some kind of modified human body. Freakish! It's got biceps, and is standing up. I'm no equine expert, but I don't think a horse can do this little jig without breaking its back. I know that animal logos should be given artistic license, but this man-steed goes outside that line.

If they wanted something extra to incorporate the Bronco head, they could have done better. Please make it go away.

Well I have seen a horse do that! But then is was shot and sent to the Elmers factory. Actually it does look like they slapped that head logo on a human body. I never picked up on that before.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

Archived