NFL alternate logos

chestnutz

I was bored, looking through some logos on this site. I came accross some great alternate logos that teams have but I've never seen used before.

Seahawks: Personally I think this one kicks a.s.s. It reminds me of the old Eagles logo but it's modern and cool looking, disappointing to see they never use this.

SEA_he0r2sbq6u7gr9i2th9q.gif

Jets: Think it's kind of cool and different.

NYJ_943.gif

Giants: No.

NYG_929.gif

Panthers:

CAR_342.gif

Does anyone else know of any good alternate logos?

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if you're thinkin of logos that aint ever been used on uniforms or field art, I remember some card company using soccer-style crests for all the teams one year, e.g. the Packers crest had the G over a green sash on a gold background. Lookin around, I see they've resurfaced on some glassware:

92552125_z.jpg

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

if you're thinkin of logos that aint ever been used on uniforms or field art, I remember some card company using soccer-style crests for all the teams one year, e.g. the Packers crest had the G over a green sash on a gold background. Lookin around, I see they've resurfaced on some glassware:

92552125_z.jpg

It was a 1997 brand from Pacific, can't remember the exact set name though.

I like the Pats NE logo, which is almst never used anymore.

I've never seen the NE logo, what does it look like?

Also have the Jaguars used this lately, I know they used to but I don't see it used so much any more.

JAX_596.gif

What the hell is that Jets logo? Never seen that one before.

That Jets logo used to animae only on their website. It used to be in conjunction to "Fireman Ed" and the chant he made popular: "J-E-T-S...Jets, Jets, Jets!" before going to the main page and its options.

What the hell is that Jets logo? Never seen that one before.

That Jets logo used to animae only on their website. It used to be in conjunction to "Fireman Ed" and the chant he made popular: "J-E-T-S...Jets, Jets, Jets!" before going to the main page and its options.

He's actually called "Gameface"...he appears in a lot of in-stadium video board stuff, such as the dumb jumbotron races, and other Jets-related in house commercials...there is one that shows him getting out of bed and through NYC to get to the game, one that proclaims NFL Football is "real-ball" (I don't get the reasoning behind that one), hes at a photo shoot in another...pretty dumb if you ask me, but then again, what team doesn't do stupid crap like that nowadays, be it jumbotron races or stupid GO (TEAM) videos?

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

I believe you speak of 1997 Pacific Philadelphia. The cards came in a papery-feeling pack, rather than the foil or cellophane. I always liked that set...the overall design, base cards and inserts was nice and clean.

a40e_1.JPG

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Yeah I didn't put ones in there like the full body Bronco cause I figured people had seen that one before. On the bottom of that Joe Nedney card that Dolphins badge looks pretty slick. Yes the Bengals have a full body tiger as well, but it's much more well known cause it was their old official logo

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

I like the Pats NE logo, which is almst never used anymore.

I've never seen the NE logo, what does it look like?

I have the hat that they use the NE logo on. They sell them at the ProShop and I've also seen them in a few other stores. Here's my hat:

DSC00202.jpg

I believe you speak of 1997 Pacific Philadelphia. The cards came in a papery-feeling pack, rather than the foil or cellophane. I always liked that set...the overall design, base cards and inserts was nice and clean.

a40e_1.JPG

The crest ones like this and the Packers ones were used in the 90s by the NFL for some upscale merchandise - notably golf equipment. The late Payne Stewart used to wear NFL-logo clothing when he played and most of it had crests like this.

(He'd wear clothes from all the teams, but tried to match the local teams whenever possible; Packers gear in Milwaukee, Falcons when playing in Georgia, Cowboys/Oilers in Texas, etc. Here's one of him wearing a shirt with the Super Bowl XXVI logo.)

Stewart.jpg

139775815_cc7da57bca_o.jpg

Wasn't that one of the Nike logos? They designed custom alternates for most teams.

Yeah it was at one time. Now it's being used by Reebok on their products.

So far as I know, Reebok kept all the Nike alts when they took over the contract.

I'm not sure that the teams ever use the Nike logos, except on Reebok merchandise.

Archived