Sox-Astros Negro League game 6/9

cranium

lol, the cracker-riffic Houston Astros celebrating the Negro Leagues

That's a bit uncalled for. Yes, the Astros have no black players, but come on man...you can do better than that.

Pretty badly worded, no doubt, but I gotta say the man has a good point. Kinda strange that a team is celebrating the players of a certain culture (for lack of a better term) by wearing their unis, yet doesn't have anyone of that culture on their team. Its kind of like a team creating special olympics day, yet having no wheelchair ramps or other handicapped access into the stadium. It does seem a bit empty and meaningless when they themselves aren't doing much to accommodate the point of the celebration.

well Kanye West did say that Bush didn't like black people. Bush is from texas. The houston astros are from Texas. Maybe the houston astros don't like black people? Didn't bush own the astros at one time or am i thinking of the Texas Rangers? :blink:

ok not all that funny. actually the Astros do have Carlos Lee, Humberto Quintero, while not black but are latino and the Negro leagues did pave the way for not only blacks but other minority groups like hispanics, asians, latinos etc. What the Astros need to do is cut 2/3 of the team and set aside those spots for people of color in proportion to the number of minorities in the league.

yes bush owned the rangers, but that was way before my time.

stars.jpg

dallasmavericks.gif

style1,JBPerry.png

<embed src="http://www.clocklink.com/clocks/5005-Blue.swf?TimeZone=CST&TimeFormat=hhmmssTT" width="180" height="60" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">

joshuabperry@sbcglobal.net

My Webpage

My Bad Everyone. The White Sox website posted June 9 as having a "Negro League Tribute," and since the Sox usually where Negro League unis once a season, I ASSUMED that was what they were going to do. I was even going to attend the game just for that, but another event popped up. I was mortified when I saw on TV that they were all in their regular unis. I apologize for bringing the whole thing up.

savedpictures013-1.jpg

My Bad Everyone. The White Sox website posted June 9 as having a "Negro League Tribute," and since the Sox usually where Negro League unis once a season, I ASSUMED that was what they were going to do. I was even going to attend the game just for that, but another event popped up. I was mortified when I saw on TV that they were all in their regular unis. I apologize for bringing the whole thing up.

"And since the Sox usually where Negro League unis once a season...."

The correct word is WEAR. Normally I wouldn't be such an ass by pointing it out, but if you're going to use a screen name like "Cranium, " I think we can hold you to a higher standard. Like third grade.

The correct word is WEAR. Normally I wouldn't be such an ass by pointing it out, but if you're going to use a screen name like "Cranium, " I think we can hold you to a higher standard. Like third grade.

Actually, it was lowercase "cranium." He did, however, use the word "assume (or ASSUME)." And you know what they say when you assume something...

All that I will say about the Astros celebrating the Negro Leagues is that it is pretty ironic.

yeah, just like when the indians were celebrating civil rights day.

Cleveland took the nickname in honor of the first Indian (Native American) to play on the big leagues tho the arguement is made the Chief Wahoo logo is a racially insensisitive image.

RobbyBox2.jpg

What is up with all the ill-will the past couple of days? Everybody needs to calm down with all this chomping of each other.

Answer: Indigestion.

OK, here it goes.

If you're one of the "cool" people on the board (cool meaning you spend 23 hours a day massaging it to your own concepts for a mythical team), you can make fun of whoever you want. If you have a real life, you're not allowed to joke about anything at all...

I'm very, very sorry. I was running out the door as I typed the apology and had a brain fart.

savedpictures013-1.jpg

What is up with all the ill-will the past couple of days? Everybody needs to calm down with all this chomping of each other.

OK, here it goes.

If you're one of the "cool" people on the board (cool meaning you spend 23 hours a day massaging it to your own concepts for a mythical team), you can make fun of whoever you want. If you have a real life, you're not allowed to joke about anything at all...

that's for tip.... (and for that you're on my ignore list....)

I saw, I came, I left.

OK, here it goes.

i don't think its that the cool people can joke and the people with lives can't joke about anything. I'm nowhere near the cool crowd and i do have a real life but i like to joke around.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Actually, it was lowercase "cranium." He did, however, use the word "assume (or ASSUME)." And you know what they say when you assume something...

That you're either attending or an alumni of Assumption College. :D

Archived