New Islanders Logo / Uniforms?

jayzcat

Why not bring back the 'slightly untraditional' uniforms of the mid-1990s? They had a really sharp update to the logo.

well we could do that. then i'd give the isles an A+. though i fear they would bastardize the fishermens and give us a monstrocity.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why do I get the feeling that Reebok didn't let all the teams know what was going on with other teams and tried to get them to "push the envelope"?

A reference out of left field, but -- I imagine it's like when the three guys go into the barbershop in "Police Academy" and the first two get their heads shaved. The third says "a little off the sides" and the other two say, "I didn't know we could do that!"

I get the feeling that some of these NHL teams might have had that feeling when they saw the Bruins update.

at a second glance they're actually pretty sharp, a little fashion jerseyesque, but still sharp. I'll wait until I see the white and the rest of the package to show my judgement.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I'm certainly no Islanders fan, but I will say that they've had one of the best uniform designs in the NHL.

Why? It's simple and the team did some nice updated detailing to the long-time logo when it was brought back.

I'm referring to the outlining of the crest logo and I do like the four stripe shoulder patch to represent

their four Cup titles. The lettering and numbering fonts are perfect.

I'm not a fan of their orange alternate and while it was fun to see something different, I hope it is replaced.

Why not have the exact same current dark jersey they have now only in the royal blue as an alternate next season?

The difference from what you saw for a few games last season would be the numbers in white with orange trim

instead of the other way around. If the striping were to be different, then go with those we saw in the throwbacks.

Those jerseys in the photo aren't bad at all, but I prefer the current design.

And I'd want white letters and numbers, not orange. On a white jersey, it has to stay blue.

As someone mentioned in another thread, the new website does seem to have a lot of royal blue on it.

word is that they might be going to that 4th jersey they worn this year...

against the sabres

i actually like them!

http://islanders.nhl.com/team/app?service=...type=1&pg=2

I hope not--too much orange--but bettr than the photot of what I hope is a rejected prototype or hoax.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

I really hope those aren't the new jersey's.

I'm with you.

I think they just decided "Lets see how much we can fit on the front of this jersey".

Can anyone verify where that rackful of jerseys is from? I see the sign on the wall, I see Japanese writing. It's a crap look, and a definite downgrade, but a bunch of Yashin jerseys hung beneath a Japanese sign does not convince me. I didn't see the draft - was there more insight gleaned there yesterday?

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

It's from this Japanese Yashin stalker's basement.

Anyway.... If the Isles are changing, they really ought to work on a decent logo while they're at it. Their current logo is hideous. Sure, I know they won a few cups sporting that crest, but it doesn't make it any less dated. You have to have more history than that to justify keeping something that ugly around. The map of Long Island looks like a freakin' turd.

I'm with you.

I think they just decided "Lets see how much we can fit on the front of this jersey".

Can anyone verify where that rackful of jerseys is from? I see the sign on the wall, I see Japanese writing. It's a crap look, and a definite downgrade, but a bunch of Yashin jerseys hung beneath a Japanese sign does not convince me. I didn't see the draft - was there more insight gleaned there yesterday?

According to an Islsander fan board that is a picture taken in the Islanders offices at Nassau Coliseum. Note the framed Bob Bourne jersey in the bottom right of that picture.

Their history is four consecutive Stanley Cups, not to mention Mike Bossy's 50 goals in 50 games. It stays.

One four-season dynasty. Sure, it's respectable, but they're not Original 6. I say keep the logo around, just don't use it on the jerseys.

??? respectable??? It's hard enough to win 1 Stanley Cup, but 4??? The Islanders wrote themselves into the History books for all time with there cup run..4 Stanley Cups, 19 consecutive playoff series wins..sounds like a great feat to me.

yankeesfansd4.png91140975269.png

Isles1.gifirelandnw9.png

neyyorkjetsdj1.gif

sig3_605.jpg

chevroletij6.png

??? respectable??? It's hard enough to win 1 Stanley Cup, but 4??? The Islanders wrote themselves into the History books for all time with there cup run..4 Stanley Cups, 19 consecutive playoff series wins..sounds like a great feat to me.

Great feat. No one takes that away fro them. But fact of the matter is they've been a joke franchise for going on 15 years now. There's no getting around that.

I'm with you.

According to an Islsander fan board that is a picture taken in the Islanders offices at Nassau Coliseum. Note the framed Bob Bourne jersey in the bottom right of that picture.

The plaque on the wall is Chinese, not Japanese. This is Charles Wang's office at Nassau, owner of the Islanders.

Spoiler

New York Rangers. Stanley Cup Champions - 1928, 1933, 1940, 1994. Saskatchewan. Cold. 1905-2022.

Great feat. No one takes that away fro them. But fact of the matter is they've been a joke franchise for going on 15 years now. There's no getting around that.

I don't see how abandoning the New York Islanders' crest will change that. They should just wear what Mike Bossy wore. Simple as that. i don't even think it looks that bad: it identifies the team name, and specifies that they are Long Island's team. I like it. Maybe you could tweak it so that the ISLANDERS at the bottom looks a little more modern, and it might be a nice tweak like the new spoked B, but the general crest concept is a good one.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I'm with you.

The plaque on the wall is Chinese, not Japanese. This is Charles Wang's office at Nassau, owner of the Islanders.

I stand corrected, it is Chinese on closer inspection. And I should have looked harder.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

theres no question these are the isles new uniforms. Its how long they are going to wear them before isles fans demand the return of the old set? These are 10X worse than fisherman. at least fisherman was a new direction, these are just a bastardized set of what we wear now. :evil:

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

If these are in fact the new jersey's then in order for them to go back to the old set the fans need to speak with their wallets by not buying any merchandise until the jerseys are changed.

Archived