New Islanders Logo / Uniforms?

jayzcat

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

considering what they have already, I think this is an upgrade. There seems to be a white jersey on that rack also, it will probably look alot better than the other one. I wonder what their eventual 3rd jersey will look like.......

considering what they have already, I think this is an upgrade. There seems to be a white jersey on that rack also, it will probably look alot better than the other one. I wonder what their eventual 3rd jersey will look like.......

There won't be third jerseys next year.

IMO I feel that the Islanders have one of the best uniforms in the league and if these are the new jerseys then they are a major downgrade.

I can't believe they made those jerseys. They just killed the tradition behind the Islanders....

They have done that before though

I can't believe they made those jerseys. They just killed the tradition behind the Islanders....

They have done that before though

Well ya know what I mean lol. Its like doing a whole new concept to the Leafs or the Wings... I hope i didn't jinx it lol.

4kv29i.jpg

While this is certainly a prototype they looked at I would not be so sure that this is the jersey until there is some confirmation. One thing to look at in that picture is the framed jersey on the floor that looks like one they presented to Bob Bourne on Bob Bourne night in November. That combined with that the jersey is a Yashin jersey seem to indicate that this photo is probably a couple of months old. So its not like its sitting there waiting to be unveiled. It certainly is completely possible that this or something close to it was the final design but it is also possible that it is not.

mets.png

Wow. I have to say this is a HUGE step backward. The Isles had one of the cleanest, classiest, most instantly-identifiable jerseys in the league. Now they have a bunch of (seemingly) arbitrary lines and swatches of color cluttering everything. And the numbers on the chest? Horrible.

I just don't get this change.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

If that's the real thing... seriously that's worse than Buffalo and Washington's combined... :blink:

Nothing is worse than Buffalo. Worse than Nashville and Anaheim combined though. Washington is starting to really grow on me.

I'm still holding out hope for a version of the retro '72-73 jerseys they wore this past season. After seeing how good the Bruins jerseys looked I started to hope the Isles jersey would be somewhat traditional. I would be very interested to see what the white version of that looks like because there appears to be one in the picture but you really can't see it.

mets.png

Oh I hope that is just an older prototype... I mean... it does still have Yashin on it. :P

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Archived