New Islanders Logo / Uniforms?

jayzcat

If these are in fact the new jersey's then in order for them to go back to the old set the fans need to speak with their wallets by not buying any merchandise until the jerseys are changed.

the islanders aren't getting another dime until they change this mess. that means no merch purchases, no jersey purchases, no going to the games, nothing that would give the isles a dime until they can this mess of a uniform.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If those leaked pics are the real thing, then major downgrade. Different coloured sleeves, shoulder piping, and front numbers? Way to much going on, and as that pic proves it'll look even worse for the captain and the assistants. The tie-down is also a problem. The template is modern, and thus the tie-down doesn't work. You can only use a tie-down if the template has a classic hockey sweater feel to it, which these definitely don't.

As for the logo, I hate it. They could have used this opportunity to at least modernize it, if not come up with something new all together. Like the new jerseys the original/current logo has to much going on. The island, the NY/hockey stick, the puck, the "ISLANDERS" script that overlaps the island, it's to much.

So what if they won four Cups? It's not like they're the Canadiens, who have 24. Heck, the Leafs with 13 have changed theirs a few times through history. Even the Canadiens, founded in 1909, didn't adopt the "CH" as their logo until 1917, and then it wasn't even finalized into its current form until 1952. So if the Leafs and Habs, the two oldest teams in the league who also happen to have the most Cups, can tweak their look, so can the Islanders. I would prefer a new logo completely, but a simple modernization of the current logo will do. The Oilers, the team that ended the Isles' supremacy, even updated their look, despite the old one having 5 Cups to its credit.

Point is, four Cups isn't a big enough reason not to update an incredibly cluttered and dated mark.

I'm with C2C though, bring back the fisherman! He's a great logo, he just needs a proper template.

If these are them, they are roller hockey-esque. Bunk is the only word that I can think of. Again, like someone mentioned and I mentioned in the Bruins thread, what's up with the lace up collar? That is "old" and this is "new" and also, with the spandex neck, what's the point of the lace? I hope these were "leaked" to get fan reaction and hopefully will be changed asap.

KISSwall09.jpg

On what alternate universe is the Gorton's constipated fisherman considered a "great logo"???

Long Island. Is that alternate enough for you?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

so Rbk has some common threads among the new threads.

Adding a yoke trim or contrast yoke and subtle stripes along the hem.

these show up with Cbus, the leaked Canes and now the Isles.

why all the attention to the yoke? is that their way of saying "hey we can be traditional" well it looks like crap.

On what alternate universe is the Gorton's constipated fisherman considered a "great logo"???

It's plenty alternate, all right, but I've seen no evidence that the fisherman is considered a great logo by a significant percentage of Long Islanders.

Well that would coincide with the picture of Wang's office.

But holy hell what is the blue part of that jersey a lobster bib? Could they make it any thinner?

...and that's why the logo got the axe because Long Island thought it was so great. [/sarcasm]

Using the picture from page1 as a resource. Here's my interpretation.

interp.png

EDIT: And after looking at the one laready posted... It's pretty much the same... :D

| BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

No. No, it can't be. They would not do this. They would not go and destroy a perfectly fine uniform like this.

My thoughts exactly. Aside from the horrid orange alt, the Isles' set as it stands now is more than sufficient. Clean, crisp, classic. No need for any changes.

Ugly. What is this compunction to tinker mercilessly with good uniform schemes? That looks more like the orange alt then their "classic" look. I can't wait to see the vertical striping and bib effect on Chief Blackhawk...

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that it's hard to verify their authenticity."

--Abraham Lincoln

Archived