NBA Draftees/Free Agents/Tradees with new jerseys

Ron Mexico

Can I take the occasion to reiterate that the Bobcats uniforms and logos are the worst in the NBA by a lot? Really, it's not even close. What a horrible team name, choice of colors, and uniform set. A total embarrassment to the league and the players forced to wear that crap.

Yes, I know I'm a couple of years late, but I think the more we drive home that the Charlotte identity is terrible, the better.

By the way, what's with the faux brick on the Bobcats practice court? Why would that make any sense?

They should've chose or change to Charlotte Flight. It can be somewhat of be an omage to Air Jordan or just dunking or something. Flight sounds like an NBDL name but Bobcats isn't a basketball let alone NBA name.

I agree.

Now..I don't know how true this is, but urban legend has it that the team was so named due to the owner's name. Robert Johnson. And most of us know what the short form of Robert is...

...Bob.

I'm just saying...

I am pretty sure it was named after him. I like the name, but the logo and uniform combination is horrible. They should go with similar colors like the Panthers or something. Just not a fan of the Orange and Blue.

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can I take the occasion to reiterate that the Bobcats uniforms and logos are the worst in the NBA by a lot? Really, it's not even close. What a horrible team name, choice of colors, and uniform set. A total embarrassment to the league and the players forced to wear that crap.

Yes, I know I'm a couple of years late, but I think the more we drive home that the Charlotte identity is terrible, the better.

By the way, what's with the faux brick on the Bobcats practice court? Why would that make any sense?

They should've chose or change to Charlotte Flight. It can be somewhat of be an omage to Air Jordan or just dunking or something. Flight sounds like an NBDL name but Bobcats isn't a basketball let alone NBA name.

I agree.

Now..I don't know how true this is, but urban legend has it that the team was so named due to the owner's name. Robert Johnson. And most of us know what the short form of Robert is...

...Bob.

I'm just saying...

I am pretty sure it was named after him. I like the name, but the logo and uniform combination is horrible. They should go with similar colors like the Panthers or something. Just not a fan of the Orange and Blue.

Granted I am biased, but I love the orange blue combo. Its unique, not just another navy or red, or black uniform. That being said, I was not at first a fan of the bobcats name or logo (I was a fan of flight as well), but it is growing on me.

I agree.

...Bob.

I'm just saying...

Your absolutly correct. I read this in a Charlotte newspaper a while back. When Charlotte had the voting for the name of the team. The choices were Flight, Bobcats, and Dragons. The name Flight name pretty much got the most votes in a landslide. Robert Johnson wanted to the tean to have some of his identity and choose Bobcats instead. Also he said it fits the cat theme in Charlotte with the Carolina Panthers My thing is, why let the fan vote on the team name if your not going to listen to them.

Charlotte Flight would have the identity of North Carolina with the Wright brothers and it being a big basketball state, and it fits as a NBA team.

Also I neva thought I say a team should go find a corperate sponsor, but Charlotte Bobcats Arena sounds dumb. I think the only thing i like about this franchise is the home and away jerseys, not the alternates.

New Twolves

4kyc852.jpg

You know that's not a bad starting lineup.

Absolutely not. It would be a shoo-in for the Final Four. Unfortunately, the Timberwolves play in the NBA.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

New Twolves

4kyc852.jpg

You know that's not a bad starting lineup.

Absolutely not. It would be a shoo-in for the Final Four. Unfortunately, the Timberwolves play in the NBA.

Throw in Cory Brewer, Randy Foye, and Rashad McCants, and hell, you got yourself a NCAA championship

256dy87.jpg

I agree.

...Bob.

I'm just saying...

Your absolutly correct. I read this in a Charlotte newspaper a while back. When Charlotte had the voting for the name of the team. The choices were Flight, Bobcats, and Dragons. The name Flight name pretty much got the most votes in a landslide. Robert Johnson wanted to the tean to have some of his identity and choose Bobcats instead. Also he said it fits the cat theme in Charlotte with the Carolina Panthers My thing is, why let the fan vote on the team name if your not going to listen to them.

Charlotte Flight would have the identity of North Carolina with the Wright brothers and it being a big basketball state, and it fits as a NBA team.

Also I neva thought I say a team should go find a corperate sponsor, but Charlotte Bobcats Arena sounds dumb. I think the only thing i like about this franchise is the home and away jerseys, not the alternates.

It's an oft-used "marketing" ploy used by high-level officials to "show that they have the fans' interest at heart".

I see so much of this going on...the high officals of many teams hold "Name the Team" or "choose the colors" contests, knowing good and damn well they done already chose the name and the colors. And because 1% of the fan percentile can't possibly know what the other 99% of the fans are voting on, the team can skew the results however they wish to make it look like the "fan vote" determined what the high officials already determined oh, say, three or four months before the fact.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

According to the Miami Heat's roster on espn.com, Penny Hardaway's new number will be 99!

th_29209_prod_122_876lo.jpg

To go with his age?

You used to hold me

Tell me that I was the best

Anything in this world I want

I could posses

All that made me want

Was all that I can get

In order to survive

Gotta learn to live with regrets

-President Carter

According to the Miami Heat's roster on espn.com, Penny Hardaway's new number will be 99!

To go with his age?

That's just wrong.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

To go with his age?

I thought it was to go with the year he should have retired in.

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

Well Dorell Wright should respect his elder and give up his #1 to Penny!

Not really. Only all-time players should get that benefit.

Not like Penny was a bum through out his career, I would give #1 to Penny if I was Wright

Well Dorell Wright should respect his elder and give up his #1 to Penny!

Not really. Only all-time players should get that benefit.

Not like Penny was a bum through out his career, I would give #1 to Penny if I was Wright

I don't think he should. Penny hasn't been relevant in nearly a decade.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived