NBA Draftees/Free Agents/Tradees with new jerseys

Ron Mexico

People are giving anny Ainge credit for pulling of these trades but in reality, the Ray Allen and Kevin Garnett trade together doesn't make any sense. If you don't believe me, look at the Celtics current roster after the Garnett Trade. 3 stars and a bunch of NBDL players spells :wacko::wacko: Please let's get caught up in these moves. Toronto is still there, New Jersey has an legitimate lineup with the addition of Magloire, and the Knicks are getting to the playoffs! You heard from me first. Eventhough I go to school in Philly, sorry Sixers. Say hello to the bottom of the cellar :D .

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Free agents in new jerseys:

Rashard Lewis in Magic Home Uni

lewis200_071607.jpg

Steve francis with his new (old) Rockets Uni

content_francissign.jpg

Bulls Draftees Aaron Gray and Joakim Noah

gray_noah_070727.jpg

Darko Milicic with a Memphis Grizzlies Uni

darko-press_conference-74967251JM021-300.jpg

Morris Peterson in an Hornets Jersey

www.nba.com/hornets (second slide)

Jason Kapono with Raps Uni

kapono188.jpg

And that ladies and Gentlemen is post #400 (personal celebration :boogie:(dance))

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

People are giving anny Ainge credit for pulling of these trades but in reality, the Ray Allen and Kevin Garnett trade together doesn't make any sense. If you don't believe me, look at the Celtics current roster after the Garnett Trade. 3 stars and a bunch of NBDL players spells :wacko::wacko: Please let's get caught up in these moves. Toronto is still there, New Jersey has an legitimate lineup with the addition of Magloire, and the Knicks are getting to the playoffs! You heard from me first. Eventhough I go to school in Philly, sorry Sixers. Say hello to the bottom of the cellar :D .

Ainge certainly got lucky that he was able to acquire Garnett and Allen, but c'mon, this is an amazing trade. We've got 3 highly skilled players who complement each other very well on the court and are all highly motivated to win. Rondo and Perkins, the other potnetial starters, certainly aren't NBDL players and have loads of potential. Never mind that playing with the new big 3 will help them improve. The Celts certainly need to go out and get some decent back ups, but they are instant contenders, at least in the Eastern Conference.

Hell, the Celtics might as well have held up the 07-08 Atlantic Division banner in that conference too... :lol:

Yeah, don't even play the games! We all know the Celtics are gonna win the East because they look the best on paper. Plus, teams never come out of nowhere to make an impact. The team that always looks best in July is the one that wins it.

It's something called a "joke".

I thought the :lol: might have been an obvious hint, but I guess some people don't see it that way. Oh well.

so is mine...

Haha, Toronto and New Jersey are still there as in they have a good chance to make the playoffs. Magloire is an average to slightly below average player now, he hasn't done much for about 3 years, but that still makes him the best big man the Nets have had since Kenyon Martin (who was an average to slightly above average player..) Their frontcourt is still a joke with Magloire and Nenad "a rich man's Primoz Brezec" Krstic, I'll take the balance of the Celtics roster with Rondo/Perkins over the gaping hole in NJ's frontcourt any day. Toronto has a nice team but...they lost to New Jersey last year, that says a lot about them...The Knicks actually aren't far behind these guys now, they stole Randolph. They could make the playoffs, but probably won't.

Celtics fans (and most of the media) are going crazy about this. My questions are these:

Where is the PG?

Is this going to be Ray Allen of old who was money from the arc, or is this going to be Ray Allen of old, literally.

and

Loading up stars and putting them with scrubs never works. See: 2003-04 Los Angeles Lakers a.k.a. "The Super Lakers". Even though they got to the Finals, they got dumptrucked by the Pistons, largely because the Pistons were deeper and played as a team. There's no guarantee that the three of them are actually gonna be all that cohesive, especially with out a proven PG.

Fully agree with flame of atl.

Three great stars is an AMAZING way to start.

But this Celtics team needs more, and I think they are aware of that, and they're doing that.

I want to see the roster in a month or so. I've heard rumors of signing house, that'd be great!

Celtics fans (and most of the media) are going crazy about this. My questions are these:

Where is the PG?

Is this going to be Ray Allen of old who was money from the arc, or is this going to be Ray Allen of old, literally.

and

Loading up stars and putting them with scrubs never works. See: 2003-04 Los Angeles Lakers a.k.a. "The Super Lakers". Even though they got to the Finals, they got dumptrucked by the Pistons, largely because the Pistons were deeper and played as a team. There's no guarantee that the three of them are actually gonna be all that cohesive, especially with out a proven PG.

The Celtics love Rondo, he can do everything but shoot, but he is an awful shooter. He should be fine driving and kicking it to everyone though.

Is there any reason to think Ray Allen will decline right now? He had some injuries last year, but I suspect part of that was tanking, and he scored 26 a game.

The Lakers aren't much of a comparison, they already had a good team and didn't trade anyone away to get Malone/Payton. They did well, and it was a huge upset that they lost. So they were hardly a failure, and not an apt comparison either.

A better comparison is Miami after they traded for Shaq. The cupboard was bare except for him and Wade, and they got to the conference finals; then with a little retooling the next year they won it all.

The key to win the NBA championship is TEAM, not individual players.

I believe the Celtics can be a GREAT team.

First off, the Pistons that beat the Lakers in the Finals. Those Lakers were stacked, they had some of the GREATEST players to play the game.

Shaq, Malone, Kobe and Payton. The line-up is unbelievable. Yet, Pistons won.

Spurs. They have 1 consistent all-star, Tim Duncan. Parker and Manu are amazing players, but have not been considered all stars their whole careers. The Spurs have some many great players, that is why IMO unless they are having a horrible night they're impossible to beat.

Point is, if Celtics can make a team with a lot of good players, and the 3 allstars, they can win in this league.

richardson_05_070806.jpg

This is the one I have been waiting for all summer, thats right, Jason Richardson is a Bobcat. Hey a first round exit from the playoffs is better than another lottery. More pics here.

Included in the gallery are better shots of the Bobcats new court.

richardson_08_070806.jpg

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

Can I take the occasion to reiterate that the Bobcats uniforms and logos are the worst in the NBA by a lot? Really, it's not even close. What a horrible team name, choice of colors, and uniform set. A total embarrassment to the league and the players forced to wear that crap.

Yes, I know I'm a couple of years late, but I think the more we drive home that the Charlotte identity is terrible, the better.

By the way, what's with the faux brick on the Bobcats practice court? Why would that make any sense?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Can I take the occasion to reiterate that the Bobcats uniforms and logos are the worst in the NBA by a lot? Really, it's not even close. What a horrible team name, choice of colors, and uniform set. A total embarrassment to the league and the players forced to wear that crap.

Yes, I know I'm a couple of years late, but I think the more we drive home that the Charlotte identity is terrible, the better.

By the way, what's with the faux brick on the Bobcats practice court? Why would that make any sense?

They should've chose or change to Charlotte Flight. It can be somewhat of be an omage to Air Jordan or just dunking or something. Flight sounds like an NBDL name but Bobcats isn't a basketball let alone NBA name.

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

Did I just read that Magloire "legitimizes New Jersey's lineup", in a previous post?

:lol:

OMG, I missed that. Yeah, Magloire is going to be the final piece in the Nets' puzzle. :lol:

They should've chose or change to Charlotte Flight. It can be somewhat of be an omage to Air Jordan or just dunking or something. Flight sounds like an NBDL name but Bobcats isn't a basketball let alone NBA name.

I agree.

Now..I don't know how true this is, but urban legend has it that the team was so named due to the owner's name. Robert Johnson. And most of us know what the short form of Robert is...

...Bob.

I'm just saying...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived