New LA Galaxy Logo + Kit

Breakwood

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Meh. Should've stuck with the yellow at home. In fact, they shouldn't have changed the colors.

As for the look on its own, it's not bad, but it'd be better with navy shorts, as was said before.

Still, they went from relatively iconic look to looking pretty generic.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

So, these are the new uniforms?

These look 90% similar to Real Madrid's. These are garbage. LA should have it's own identity. The old logo was genius. This new one is plain and lame.

Next on ProvidenceRI's agenda, the Chicago Fire will change their colors to lime green and pink to avoid any confusion with Middlesbrough or Stuttgart.

Columbus Crew will change to brown with light blue polka dots so they don't look like Borussia Dortmund.

Lastly, Kansas City will change to purple and teal to avoid confusion of their team's identity with Chelsea.

Seriously Real Madrid people, if Nike had the contract with MLS instead of adidas and as such had it in a different template, or if Becks was coming from AC Milan instead of RMCF, would anyone say it was a Madrid knockoff? Please. With thousands upon thousands of clubs in the world there's bound to be some overlap, espceially with newer clubs. Just because Madrid wears white and has an adidas contract doesn't mean adidas can't make a white jersey for anyone else.

Seriously Real Madrid people, if Nike had the contract with MLS instead of adidas and as such had it in a different template, or if Becks was coming from AC Milan instead of RMCF, would anyone say it was a Madrid knockoff? Please. With thousands upon thousands of clubs in the world there's bound to be some overlap, espceially with newer clubs. Just because Madrid wears white and has an adidas contract doesn't mean adidas can't make a white jersey for anyone else.

If Beckham wasn't coming from Real Madrid, I wouldn't complain.

This is so pathetic. Did Beckham mandate the change?

beckham_1.jpg

I don't know, I can't think that it's purely coincidence that the Galaxy have decided to go all-white at home, something they've never done before, at the same time that Beckham's coming in. I don't think he would have mandated a change or anything, but I do think that the Galaxy are definitely trying to market the similarities.

POTD 2013-08-22

if anything, this shows us what Leeds United would look like in the current Adidas template....as they are famous for wearing white to try and 'play' like Real Madrid, and to boot, their secondary colors are yellow and blue and those have been detail colors on their home whites for years.

ZOMG OH NOES THE SKY IS FALLING AND LA IS BECOMING REAL MADRID!!! WAAAGGHH!!!

*ahem*

I take it as a whole lot of sound and fury. I also blame MLS for making white kits, like college football, something every team has to have....which clearly makes no sense in the world game. They've tried to make it like the NBA or NHL, where a team has their white jersey for home or road with traces of the color, and then the colored jersey for road/home.

Until the league realizes that's *not* how soccer works and allows teams to wear home jerseys away when they don't clash, then we'll be stuck with stuff like this.

harperdc.gif

I take it as a whole lot of sound and fury. I also blame MLS for making white kits, like college football, something every team has to have....which clearly makes no sense in the world game. They've tried to make it like the NBA or NHL, where a team has their white jersey for home or road with traces of the color, and then the colored jersey for road/home.

Until the league realizes that's *not* how soccer works and allows teams to wear home jerseys away when they don't clash, then we'll be stuck with stuff like this.

This bugs me to no end. I actually went through the MLS schedule so far and made a spreadsheet of who wore what during each game, thanks to the highlights at mlsnet.com and a couple of other sources. I haven't really started analyzing it as of yet, but there are definitely some things that disappointed me to see.

Of course, I'm also the guy who complained with the Thunder wore their road light blues at home a couple of weeks ago. The home team should always wear their colors, and the away team should also, unless they're too similar. Damnit.

POTD 2013-08-22

This bugs me to no end. I actually went through the MLS schedule so far and made a spreadsheet of who wore what during each game, thanks to the highlights at mlsnet.com and a couple of other sources. I haven't really started analyzing it as of yet, but there are definitely some things that disappointed me to see.

Of course, I'm also the guy who complained with the Thunder wore their road light blues at home a couple of weeks ago. The home team should always wear their colors, and the away team should also, unless they're too similar. Damnit.

I :censored:ing agree

Archived