New LA Galaxy Logo + Kit

Breakwood

I take it as a whole lot of sound and fury. I also blame MLS for making white kits, like college football, something every team has to have....which clearly makes no sense in the world game. They've tried to make it like the NBA or NHL, where a team has their white jersey for home or road with traces of the color, and then the colored jersey for road/home.

Until the league realizes that's *not* how soccer works and allows teams to wear home jerseys away when they don't clash, then we'll be stuck with stuff like this.

Well Toronto FC doesn't have a white kit, their road kit is grey :wacko: and Colorado's road kit is light blue.

I saw, I came, I left.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I take it as a whole lot of sound and fury. I also blame MLS for making white kits, like college football, something every team has to have....which clearly makes no sense in the world game. They've tried to make it like the NBA or NHL, where a team has their white jersey for home or road with traces of the color, and then the colored jersey for road/home.

Until the league realizes that's *not* how soccer works and allows teams to wear home jerseys away when they don't clash, then we'll be stuck with stuff like this.

Well Toronto FC doesn't have a white kit, their road kit is grey :wacko: and Colorado's road kit is light blue.

Likewise, Dallas has white and grey hoops, RBNY has a Navy Blue away and Columbus has a black away.

Soooo.....

East: Toronto, NY, Columbus have proper change kits

West: Dallas, Chivas USA (blue), Colorado, Los Angeles (navy)

So that's 7 out of 13 teams with a non-solid white option that's worn on the road when their primaries clash.

Oooh, I'm really liking the navy one. Hopefully there are navy shorts, and those will end up getting paired with the white top.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I still love this new crest.

But I was thinking as I was looking at the close up of the navy shirt up there... I really don't like the mish-mash of fabric textures on modern jerseys. I suppose they're probably more comfortable, or "wicking" (whatever that means), or there's some sort of other performance-based reason for that... but I still lament the loss of the one-texture jersey. The mish-mash just doesn't ever look good to me.

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

I like it. Much better then their old look. Plus this combo (navy, powder blue, and yellow/gold) is just as unique to MLS as green and yellow/gold was. The difference is that the new double blue and yellow crest blows the old green and yellow crest out of the water. Aside from the Adidas template, this look is a definite upgrade.

Just an observation. Earlier everyone was criticizing MLS for having to many predominantly red teams. Then the Galaxy go with a combo unique to the league and they get slammed.

I like it although this navy, powder blue, and yellow combo is close to becoming the new "teal" (Grizzlies, Nuggets, Chargers...)

Never mind that the Chargers have a 40+ year history with all three colours....

:rolleyes:

When do these officially go on sale? A Landon Donovan one of these is calling my name.

Or does only Beckham wear these like the commercials seem to suggest? :D

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

When do these officially go on sale? A Landon Donovan one of these is calling my name.

Or does only Beckham wear these like the commercials seem to suggest? :D

According to the Galaxy fans on Big Soccer, they went on sale today at Sports Authority.

wH7SFZCt.jpg

YicAaC5D.jpg

"Mr. President, call in the National Guard! Send as many men as you can spare! Because we are killing the Patriots! They need emergency help!" - Shannon Sharpe

I like it although this navy, powder blue, and yellow combo is close to becoming the new "teal" (Grizzlies, Nuggets, Chargers...)

Plus rumors of the Tampa Bay Devil Rays and "a heavy use of blue with yellow accents."

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

That crest is better than any of the fan mockups.

Yeah, thankfully the real thing blows the mockups out of the water, and the crest didn't turn out like they were suggesting. Anybody know what color the navy jersey's numbers are? The usually MLS run of the mill white and black outlined?

IMG_0539.jpg

"Mr. President, call in the National Guard! Send as many men as you can spare! Because we are killing the Patriots! They need emergency help!" - Shannon Sharpe

Archived