uniforms you dislike

arr1023

i personally hate the buffalo bills uniforms. i dont like the shoulder design and their helmets, i dont really like their logo. whenever i play madden franchise and im facing the bills i dont even bother playing because i dont like the unis.

what uniforms do you dislike/hate and why

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i personally hate the buffalo bills uniforms. i dont like the shoulder design and their helmets, i dont really like their logo. whenever i play madden franchise and im facing the bills i dont even bother playing because i dont like the unis.

Let me answer for 90% of the board: Bengals, Blue Jays, Sabres, Thrashers team color (I don't agree with that one), Wizards Alternates, Rockies, Pittsburgh Alternates, Seahawks (or anything else monochrome), and last, but certainly not least, Oregon Ducks football. What else am I missing...

This isn't 100% on topic as I hate a trend and not a specific jersey. I hate, hate, HATE the trend of putting a logo above the name plate on basketball jerseys. I also am not a huge fan of the shiny fabric that has become so popular.

And the fact that these above name plate back logos have become so popular that they are now raping the Bulls and Celtics jerseys (two of my favs) which I was hoping were untouchable. The new Hawks jersey is the worst offender. Not only does it have a stupid back logo, it highlights the logo with a massive triangle.

Diatribe over.

I HATE when someone claims a uniform is untouchable. No uniform is untouchable. Not one. Fans adapt and accept change, especially when combined with winning.

A claim to an untouchable uniform = person against change in life.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

Let me answer for 90% of the board: Bengals, Blue Jays, Sabres, Thrashers team color (I don't agree with that one), Wizards Alternates, Rockies, Pittsburgh Alternates, Seahawks (or anything else monochrome), and last, but certainly not least, Oregon Ducks football. What else am I missing...

Vancouver and Buffalo (Sabres) also. Heck, let me sum it up even more succinctly:

Every uniform created after the arbitrary date of my choosing!

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Rockies black vest w/ black sleeves

What is the point of having the best and sleeves the same color? They might as well just go back to a black jersey w/ sleeves.

Also what Id ont get is that that set emphasizes black, with little to no purple, and then some nights they will wear a purple jersey, what the hell?

dislike, eh? as mere dislike is different from pure, unadulterated hatred, I'll put some of em a bit more nicely than I normally would.

I dislike the fact that the Hurricanes don't use the storm flag striping on their sleeves.

I dislike the fact that the Spurs' home jerseys and Raiders' road jerseys aren't silver.

I dislike whenever the Tampa Bay Storm attempt to wear gold pants, as I often mention they seem like the lone gold-helmet team that never looks good in gold pants (UAB just never looks good in green or black jerseys and gold pants, they can pull off white jerseys/gold pants quite nicely)

I dislike that very few NHL teams do anything with their pants anymore aside from solid color...I miss the Stars' DALLAS pants

I dislike the fact that the Quad City Steamwheelers no longer have those cool steampipe things on their jerseys.

I dislike the Atlanta Hawks' new uniforms. Never said I hated em, but I don't like em either.

I dislike the fact that the Rangers' Liberty alternate is being retired.

I dislike the fact that the Blackhawks don't break out their barberpole throwbacks often, though nowadays only about 3 people would be at the UC to notice :D and the rest would've come in empty seat costumes.

I dislike that the Kalamazoo Wings dropped the Stars' colors for red, white and blue when they left the IHL, as honestly, the former always seemed to fit them well. The latter, not so much.

I dislike that Joe Gibbs hates the darker burgundy and gold scheme of the 2002 fauxbacks.

And finally I dislike the fact that UW Whitewater baseball's black jerseys look almost nothing like baseball jerseys. Trust me, you're better off never seeing them.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I have a few....

MLB:

D-Backs newer unis.....loved the purple and teal. Don't like the Astros ripoff.

D-Rays....I know I'm in a VERY SMALL minority, but I loved the rainbow look for the Rays.

Rockies-Black vests on black undershirt.....yuck.

NFL:

Chargers newer unis... especially the road ones, would've worked better if the helmet was blue or if it was monochrome white.

Vikings home jersey....there's a lot of white where it shouldn't be.

Redskins all-white....should use red pants.

NBA:

New Hawks jerseys.....red and yellow were perfect. Red and navy...not so much.

Almost any alts....especially Nets red, Lakers white, Warriors orange, Kings or Wizards gold.

Cavs blue jersey

NHL:

Buffaslug - 'nuff said

Flames 06-07 home jersey....I really dislike the black "C" on the red jersey. Should be white.

Kings new EDGE jerseys....shouldn't have "LOS ANGELES" on the bottom

Flyers home....should use orange, not black.

espnsig.gif

I know many of you will disagree with me, but in my personal opinion, the Colts uniforms are ugly for the following reasons:

1) Generally I feel they are a boring uninspired, half hearted version of a classic uniform

2) grey face mask with a blue and white uniform? IMO I hate grey facemasks, this trend of throwback inspired uniforms with grey facemasks needs to end, while I was growing up I was ecstatic when one-by-one teams switched to colorful face masks. And to make matters worst for the Colts? Manning wears that god awful one he does. Bring back Eric Dickerson?s white face mask or even the blue used recently.

3) The way the arm strips just end in the middle of the jersey. Please make them go all the way around.

4) The black shoes. Just wear white shoes, you colors are blue and white.

5) Finally, the logo itself, a horseshoe. I know you are going to claim it is classic and tradition, but this is not really the case, that is Baltimore?s history, not Indy?s, therefore it is touchable and in need of an update. Of all my critiques, this is the one that bothers me the least by the way.

As I said, this is my opinion, go ahead and start bashing.

wwwaufderaxemo2.jpg

I only come around here once in a while to annoy you people, and by people I mean you mutha :censored:as.

Flyers home....should use orange, not black.

Hopefully once the alts return the Flyers 3rd will be the old orange jersey, and not the alt they just had.

I like the black jersey, but the old orange should come back as well.

When the black was the 3rd jersey, the flyers had the perfect set of uniforms.

I HATE when someone claims a uniform is untouchable. No uniform is untouchable. Not one. Fans adapt and accept change, especially when combined with winning.

A claim to an untouchable uniform = person against change in life.

You should then, perhaps, meet Mr Edward McGuire, fans of the Essendon and Collingwood Football Clubs.

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

Denver Broncos and unis like that

New England Patriots

Buffalo Bills

Texas Tech Red Raiders Football

Cali football

Any football team that has side panels that are a different color than the jersey

And I agree with the fella who hates the Colts' shoulder stripes.

uta-big-sam-little-uta.png

MLB

Braves and Pirates red alts. These should be blue and black respectively.

Indians "I" alts. Chief Wahoo would look so much better.

Blue Jays

NFL

Bills. These are just horrible.

Bengals. Would look okay without the side panels.

Vikings. Unnecessary piping, old uniforms were much better.

NBA

Logo recolors. Get a new logo or stick with the old one.

Nets red alts. I just don't like these.

Sixers roads. The red alts are so much better.

NHL

Sabres. This doesn't really need an explanation.

Flames. Looked better without black.

Lightning. I think these are the worst in the NHL.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Archived