2014 Winter Olmypics: awarded to....

DEAD!

Something else the Russians can spend their petrodollars on instead of paying for improved infrastructures, standards of living, and fixing a health program that is a disaster.

At least the Army's going to be close by in Abkhazia to keep the Georgians from getting feisty. <_<

Something else the Russians can spend their petrodollars on instead of paying for improved infrastructures, standards of living, and fixing a health program that is a disaster.

At least the Army's going to be close by in Abkhazia to keep the Georgians from getting feisty. <_<

Like Ivan was going to spend his Petrorubles on that in the first place...

yeah ... and before you know it... one of those petro tycoons will waste those rubles on with an English soccer team... turn them into a contender to win the Premiership or something to that extent....

Like Ivan was going to spend his Petrorubles on that in the first place...

Yeah...he needed those new ICBM's, guns, airplanes, and aircraft carriers(?!) more...

Also, DEAD!, Putin reportedly wants to follow in Abrahmovich's footsteps when he leaves office...(no word on whether he's shopping for a soccer team).

Wow I thought it was gonna be Salzburg or maybe Peyong-Chang

I have to agree, I had thought Salzburg would have gotten it.

Based on the voting, Salzburg was eliminated in Round 1 with the vote as follows:

Sochi - 34

PyeongChang - 36

Salzburg - 25

In Round 2, the voting was very close, with Sochi winning by a mere 4 votes:

Sochi - 51

PyeongChang - 47

Meh. As hard as it is to believe that Russia/USSR has never had a Winter Games, I was pulling for Salzburg. My maternal grandfather's family was from Salzburg, and it would have been that much more incentive to go. I think I have a decent shot at good tickets for Vancouver in 2010, so I may have to redouble efforts to get there instead of seeing the Old Country in 2014.

IMO going into the Session; Salzberg was the safe bet, PC was a gamble given circumstances such as irritable neighbours, and Sochi sat right in the middle.

Good Luck to Sochi!

Your first task - to release a logo to make the London 2012 Games logo look like it was a good idea! :P

IMO going into the Session; Salzberg was the safe bet, PC was a gamble given circumstances such as irritable neighbours, and Sochi sat right in the middle.

Sochi has irritable neighbors too...only they don't have nukes and we (meaning USA) like the irritable neighbor more than Russia.

Pretty close to Chechnya too...

Don't they know the world's gonna end in 2012??

Ahhhhhhhhh A believer in the Mayan Calendar.

Has anyone ever thought maybe it ends in 2012 because the guy making it died or got tired.

Don't they know the world's gonna end in 2012??

Ahhhhhhhhh A believer in the Mayan Calendar.

Has anyone ever thought maybe it ends in 2012 because the guy making it died or got tired.

Actually I believe the way it works is that the Mayan Calender was seperated into "eras" and 2012 was the end of an era. But it could really mean anything. End of the world is just one theory. Or maybe it's just when the last person with Mayan blood dies and the Mayans are officially died out or something. Or something will happen that changes the world. Jesus, Aliens, who knows. :P

Archived