2007-2008 NHL Logos & Uniforms

BBM

Which backs up what I said a while back that, per my conversation with Preds owner (for now) Craig Leipold, they had VERY Little input.

Which contradicts what every other team (and RBK) has said.

Other teams had lots of input over their re-designs - why was Leipold singled out for such harsh treatment?

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Once again, RBK deserves only part of the blame.

The teams must take the lion's share of the "credit" for these messes - it has been amply demonstrated that teams who chose to respect their uniform tradition could do so, and did.

Exactly. This jersey is evidence of nothing but laziness. Take a good look at it, and you have to wonder if the approval process for the changes involved little more than an RBK rep describing all the revolutionary elements of the new Edge template over the phone, and an Avs exec on the other end of the line saying "Okay, sure, fine, whatever." I think most team executives are convinced that the new product, no matter how unattractive or unoriginal it is, will sell like hotcakes simply because of its newness (and I'm sure the Buffaslug did plenty to reinforce that notion last year.) It's up to the fanbase to prove them wrong, and sadly, I think there's far too many sheep out there, willing to blindly hand over their cash for whatever's new, for that to happen.

Which backs up what I said a while back that, per my conversation with Preds owner (for now) Craig Leipold, they had VERY Little input.

Again then why did teams like the Canucks (the stripes are the same as the vintage), Wild, Hurricanes, and Devils pretty much stay the same? It's obvious that those teams had much input into their Edge uniforms. There is a difference between not having much input and choosing not to give much input. The fact is different organizations value the uniforms at different levels. The onus is on the teams for these bad new uniforms.

The Avalanche have never worn a black third jersey.

Weren't their sweaters sponsored by Starter the first year in Denver?

They may have been.

Back when the Blues wore this:

Blues5.gif

Champs was selling a black version of that same jersey. Although it was never worn on the ice. Sounds like your jersey falls into the same catagory

no black ever for the Avs, PERIOD

there was also a light blue sweater, just apparel and not jerseys.

I always thought that the light blue FAN jersey could have made a good game use jersey. But I like what they had better.

Dan

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Again then why did teams like the Canucks (the stripes are the same as the vintage), Wild, Hurricanes, and Devils pretty much stay the same? It's obvious that those teams had much input into their Edge uniforms. There is a difference between not having much input and choosing not to give much input. The fact is different organizations value the uniforms at different levels. The onus is on the teams for these bad new uniforms.

Bingo.

Reebok offered to retain the mountain pattern, but the Avalanche declined.

Leipold could have had the same amount of input that Ted Leonsis had with his re-design, but for some reason decided not to.

If anybody's going to claim that the Predators were singled out as the one solitary team that was not allowed any say in their new uniforms, we'll need more than mere hearsay.

I always thought that the light blue FAN jersey could have made a good game use jersey. But I like what they had better.

Dan

me too, i liked it a lot.

Too bad they didnt go to the nordiques look with the new EDGE!!!! jerseys

Dan

That's the one I have. It's actually a really nice looking jersey.

I remember a few of the teams had this "baby blue" or "powder blue" or whatever you wanna call in jersey.

The one that sticks out the most in my mind was the Ranger's one. I thought it was hideous.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

"Colorado Avalanche: Awesome jerseys 1995-2007"

Nice one charger!

Yeah the leafs are at 3pm on leafs tv.

I hope someone here has it so we can see some pics, though I think it's going to look something like Dallas.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

The teams must take the lion's share of the "credit" for these messes - it has been amply demonstrated that teams who chose to respect their uniform tradition could do so, and did.

Reebok might have been giving them bad advice, but the teams chose to accept that advice.

Do you have to keep going on with this? We know your position. You've said it 29 million times in this thread alone.

Does it really matter who is at fault any more? From an aesthetic and traditional standpoint the league wide redesign is disastrous. I think most of us agree here on that. All that's left to decide is whether or not the fans buy the new uniforms and let the greedy owners gouge them like they planned in the first place. It's all about money.

DEATH TO REEBOK

Hey, speaking of Nashville. I was going through some promotional stills of Resident Evil - Extinction and one of the zombies was wearing a Predators home jersey. No name or #, also couldn't tell if it was an authentic or replica.

Mitch

ps. I still think Vancouver's jersey is worse than Colorado's

I take lame to a new level.

Reebok might have been giving them bad advice, but the teams chose to accept that advice.

Do you have to keep going on with this? We know your position. You've said it 29 million times in this thread alone.

Does it really matter who is at fault any more? From an aesthetic and traditional standpoint the league wide redesign is disastrous. I think most of us agree here on that. All that's left to decide is whether or not the fans buy the new uniforms and let the greedy owners gouge them like they planned in the first place. It's all about money.

I only bring it up after somebody else incorrectly lays all the blame on Reebok's desk.

So long as misinformation is being spread on this thread, it is important to keep certain facts in mind. Not "my" position, but the statements of the teams and the company.

Of course it's all about money. I have slammed the teams, the League and Reebok equally for that.

Didn't they tell everybody the jerseys would look practically the same, just using the new RBK materials? :lol:
They did, and like almost every other team they ****ing lied.

Almost every other team? What other team that made a major change said they would look basically the same? Maybe Pittsburgh in the question and answer thing (which easily could have been just mis understanding the question) but that is about it.

Archived