2007-2008 NHL Logos & Uniforms

BBM

I think that any one of us could come up with a much better design than the crap the Avs will be wearing this year, were we given 2 hours, a beer and some crayons. That being said, I've got time and I've got crayons, but I'm fresh out of beer. For that reason, I just whipped this up to see what the jersey would look like were the old layout used:

Avsnewold.jpg

Brilliant!

This is something like what I had expected when the first said that the look wouldn't change that much for the Avs.

Wow, were we all lied too!

As for the leafs Jersey, Yes, I agree with most people who say it's plain but overall I think it's fine. At least they didn't try to have piping and striping and who knows what else?

To touch on the Ducks and Sabers, I think their jerseys both look good, obviously the sabers didn't change besides adding the NHL logo, but I feel it made that collar type look complete. Ducks adding some more orange was much needed, as small of a change it was.

According to the NHL T.O.L. blog we see Atlanta, Dallas, Chicago, and Philly tomorrow. Granted it still says we will see the Sabers in 2 days, but he's a credible source.

My only thing with Atlanta is they said they aren't changing but we've heard that recently, haven't we?

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

far as I am concerned all but maybe 3 or 4 are worse than any of Patsox's designs. at least he had 'paint' as his excuse, whats the NHL's excuse?

Paint maybe?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Now I'm confused... if the Leafs and Stars can have straight stripes on the sleeves why did the Habs get that funky shaped sleeve striping in the same area? Surely they could have just filled in the colour between the 2 stripes and kept the exact design they had before?

Yes, they could have. The Habs obviously chose to make the slight modernization (or simply accepted it as offered).

Flyers and Phantoms to Unveil New Jerseys on Friday

On Friday, September 14 at 10:45 a.m. at the the Flyers and Phantoms will unveil their new Reebok home (black) and road (white) jerseys.

Representatives from Reebok and the National Hockey League will be in attendance to explain the new features of the Rbk Edge Uniform System. In addition, the MeiGray Group has created a display showing the evolution of the Flyers? jersey over the last 40 years.

At 11:15 a.m., ?Benjamin Franklin? will participate in a ceremonial puck drop between Gagne and Briere. The players will then present him with a personalized jersey.

Gagne and Briere will be available at the conclusion of Friday?s practice (approximately 12:30 p.m.) to sign all new Gagne and Briere jerseys purchased that day at The Virtua Center Flyers Skate Zone.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Flyers and Phantoms to Unveil New Jerseys on Friday

On Friday, September 14 at 10:45 a.m. at the the Flyers and Phantoms will unveil their new Reebok home (black) and road (white) jerseys.

Representatives from Reebok and the National Hockey League will be in attendance to explain the new features of the Rbk Edge Uniform System. In addition, the MeiGray Group has created a display showing the evolution of the Flyers? jersey over the last 40 years.

At 11:15 a.m., ?Benjamin Franklin? will participate in a ceremonial puck drop between Gagne and Briere. The players will then present him with a personalized jersey.

Gagne and Briere will be available at the conclusion of Friday?s practice (approximately 12:30 p.m.) to sign all new Gagne and Briere jerseys purchased that day at The Virtua Center Flyers Skate Zone.

A fake benjamin franklin is still much much better than our joke of a mayor doing it (Then again I'm sure he doesnt care about hockey).

(Then again I'm sure he doesnt care about hockey).

Why might that be?

Now I'm confused... if the Leafs and Stars can have straight stripes on the sleeves why did the Habs get that funky shaped sleeve striping in the same area? Surely they could have just filled in the colour between the 2 stripes and kept the exact design they had before?

Yes, they could have. The Habs obviously chose to make the slight modernization (or simply accepted it as offered).

I'm not sure that the Canadiens have an odd stripe - it might just be the camera angle on that shot of the two jerseys side-by-side.

Looke a the photos of the back of the jersey and of the players putting them on in their slide show (sorry, I can't just grab a single shot):

Canadiens slide show

In particular the back shot shows an "even" stripe - if the stripe did expand from the inside to the outside of the sleeve it would also show up that way on the back of the jersey shot.

(Then again I'm sure he doesnt care about hockey).

Why might that be?

Because I have never recalled him ever showing an interest in the flyers, yet I surely recall him doing stuff for the 76ers and Eagles, and stuff.

It shouldn't matter if he's black, he shouldnt be such a crappy mayor (Theres many many other reasons to him being a crappy mayor).

I'm not sure that the Canadiens have an odd stripe - it might just be the camera angle on that shot of the two jerseys side-by-side.

Looke a the photos of the back of the jersey and of the players putting them on in their slide show (sorry, I can't just grab a single shot):

Canadiens slide show

In particular the back shot shows an "even" stripe - if the stripe did expand from the inside to the outside of the sleeve it would also show up that way on the back of the jersey shot.

Not necessarily - the sleeve stripe need not be perfectly even all the way around.

Even in that back view, it looks like it tapers from the outside to the inside of the sleeve. Also appears to be wider on the elbow than it is on the front.

You're right - could be a trick of the photos, but only time will tell.

So on my way towards my library today I stopped at the U of A's phys. ed buildings to see if I could find the location of the photoshoots. While Stoll, Moreau, Hemsky, and Horcoff were all in the hallways, a door with a sign that said "Oiler's photoshoot" had a big guy in front of it so I obviously just walked by. It's very frustrating that I was probably 15 feet away from it and i really want to see!! haha.

I'm going to stop by Rexall tomorrow for the on-ice scrimmages and maybe I'll see something there

Atlanta's unveiling might not be until tomorrow instead of today, according to the team's web-blogger.

I've finally seen the final versions of the modified Thrashers jerseys that will be used this season and I like them a lot. They have a cleaner, sleeker look and the road jersey is a lot more appealing to me. Having said that, note that I said modified jerseys instead of new jerseys. They're not radically different from last year's versions and the logos and colors are unchanged. Some of the accents and trim are different, but it's not a complete overhaul like Vancouver or Washington. The scope of the changes are more in line with what Pittsburgh and Ottawa did (although Ottawa tweaked their logo and we didn't). People outside of the Atlanta market that don't follow the Thrashers might even have to put the new and old uniforms side-by-side to tell the difference.

You'll get to see the new RBK Edge uniforms next Friday (Sept. 14) when they're unveiled on the website. The jerseys will also be available for purchase at the practice facility in Duluth during training camp (details to come).

Wow. Sorry, Oilers, Blues, and Thrashers fans.

I mean, well,... just wow.

no prob

if you guys want pics of certain teams pants and stuff....i guess i could do that too (playing a leafs vs canucks game now)

honestly, the leafs jerseys look nice in the whole package.

i really love the new blues jerseys though.....wow......awesome (see, modern CAN be good if you try)

Archived