2007-2008 NHL Logos & Uniforms

BBM

Why are some of the collars like the ones from the all-star game (ie avs, preds, ducks, white wild one) while the rest are all the exact same unless they are a tie-up?

Just different styles.

Football has basically had the v-neck for the few decades if not longer, but they currently have a regular v-neck, a v-neck with an extra triangle for the shield, and a tapered v-neck with the extra triangle and sometimes two colors.

In general, most sports have offered a few different collar styles. Basketball has rounded, v-neck, some funky NIKE created ones, maybe more.

Hockey's had rounded, v-neck, some lace-up, and some similar funky NIKE created ones as well. Now Reebok's introduced a few different styles of their own.

I guess baseball, outside of the pullover era, has basically just one option, but ya know.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
STL FANATIC, Blues fans should be proud to wear the team's new RBK Edge jerseys. They are very, very sharp.

Well, this Blues fan has no plans (at least for now) to wear that. I think it stinks. Mind you, I think it's still in quite easily in the top tier of NHL uniforms after this rollout. But I believe that it's a huge downgrade from their previous set--which I believe was nigh perfect, and may well have been the best overall set in hockey (at minimum, top three).

I agree on the downgrade part.

The Blues had a set that ranks up there with the top hockey uniforms of all time.

They couldn't do anything but downgrade.

But if they were gonna change, and they were gonna try and fit into this idea of "modernizing" the uniform, well they did one hell of a job. They've still got a classy, sharp look, and they kept a similar feel to the last set.

I don't love them more than the last set, but I do love them.

Oh please. They have the same garish piping, sloppy colors, and "Reebok patch" on the back just like all the other "modern" jerseys everyone has been killing in this thread. I understand you're a ridiculous homer but a little objectivity would be nice. I'd like to know what sets this one apart from the Preds, Panthers, Flames and Oilers everyone has been killing for 200+ pages. You know, besides the music note on the front. :rolleyes:

DSC02660.jpg

How come the goalie and the player in the bottom right don't get to wear the new jerseys?

I think they are the rookies trying out. Then again its practice lol.

I'm pretty sure your right. One picture had Eric Johnson in it and he was wearing the pratice jersey.

untitled-6.jpg

DSC02660.jpg

How come the goalie and the player in the bottom right don't get to wear the new jerseys?

I think they are the rookies trying out. Then again its practice lol.

I'm pretty sure your right. One picture had Eric Johnson in it and he was wearing the pratice jersey.

How do you "improve" on great looking uniform sets? You screw 'em up. Yokes look stupid and even less yellow as well; need more of it. Too wavy. Kudos to New Jersey, Chicago, and Detroit for not changing anything, collar and all.

Looks like the Blues stole the Indiana Pacers' shorts.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Go to HFBoards' Phoenix Coyotes message board for the very first glimpses of the Coyotes new road jersey.

It is on page 3 of the Coyotes NHL 08 RBK Edge jerseys leaked thread (photo credits to jmglenn).

I'll try my best to get the team news release up ASAP.

EDIT: The photos in whalersjets' post below are the ones I mentioned courtesy of jmglenn at HFBoards.

Go to HFBoards' Phoenix Coyotes message board for the very first glimpses of the Coyotes new road jersey.

It is on page 3 of the Coyotes NHL 08 RBK Edge jerseys leaked thread (photo credits to jmglenn).

Thanks.. I was following that thread and saw them. I was mostly looking for confirmation on the shoulder yoke, which is indeed, there.

There is a strong idea in the San Jose Sharks community among certain individuals that the *real* San Jose jersey will look nothing like what was released in NHL 08. This idea seems to be pretty strong and probably based on many facets of denial. hehe.. so I've been following all the releases to see if abnormal or weird release elements, like the Coyotes shoulder yoke, are turning out to be accurate.

So far, everything is turning out to be incredibly accurate. This is not to say that San Jose can't be that *one* team that totally pulled the wool over EA Sports' eyes, but I mean.. heh. It's a little crazy.

So I came up with a conspiracy theory:

San Jose is the last team to unveil because they have indeed changed their uniforms since giving the design to EA Sports. However, so as not to look stupid or false, they also somehow convinced Reebok to release the code on Reebok's site early, so that there is someone to blame for the jerseys not matching when San Jose unveils them, and they look nothing like in the game. *grin*

Ok, that's all utter bullspit, but it's Saturday, I'm enjoying some Chocolate Mint Baileys, and I have nothing better to do.

After seeing that picture Phoenixs jersey looks pretty nice. From the NHL 08 screen shot I wasnt impressed but that picture changes everything. It looks really good, I wish the Leafs added the blue shoulders.

youcantseeme; there is no way St. Louis' rebrand one of the worst. Theres nothing wrong with it except for the piping in my eyes.

Oh please. They have the same garish piping, sloppy colors, and "Reebok patch" on the back just like all the other "modern" jerseys everyone has been killing in this thread. I understand you're a ridiculous homer but a little objectivity would be nice. I'd like to know what sets this one apart from the Preds, Panthers, Flames and Oilers everyone has been killing for 200+ pages. You know, besides the music note on the front. :rolleyes:

I've had too bad a day to brush off another one of my opinions being dismissed simply because you think I'm a homer (and hell, I am, it just doesn't mean that what I say is worthless).

First off, you're not like to find a post of mine killing the Preds or Panthers jerseys. I think they lack a couple of design details, and I hate that they share a template. But they're not bad.

You also won't find me killing the Oilers. Now, I will kill the Oilers only because I just don't get it. It's not ugly, but why not just keep your design instead of keeping your design but cutting the stripes in half on the sleeves. The piping just doesn't do anything for me either way.

And the Flames DO suck. There's WAY too much going on. Too much black. The lace up. The piping doesn't blend into anything (and certainly "blends" differently on both jerseys). The pants stripes don't really fit the striping on the jersey well and are huge...and NOT red. And the socks are a joke.

What makes the Blues better?

How about the fact that it embraces the same design basics as the great set it's replacing (and if you think I'm a homer for thinking that set is great--which is different than just not thinking it's great--I simply don't care to read your opinions)?

How about because the piping blends right into the shoulder stripes? How about the way the pants match the piping?

I mean, I'm no longer calling my Blues the best looking team in the league (I believe their former set deserved that title). I see faults with this design (shoulders are wide, pipings iffy, I don't really like the white on the pants), but they're still damn good looking, certainly if you allow for the fact that they were trying to modernize.

You really can't see the design basics that make the Blues uniforms different than the templated Preds and Panthers? Than the gawdy Flames package? Than the Oilers package (which isn't ugly, but just shows a general lack of effort)?

Well, fine then.

But I can. And I've got real reasons behind it.

And if you care to dismiss those reasons just so you can take another shot to call me a homer--I'm gonna end it right there because I've got a responsibility as a mod, and by even noting this I'm already pushing it. Just suffice to say I don't think very highly of people who call me a homer so they can dismiss legitimate points.

I'll say it again. I'm a homer. And that can nullify me saying "the Blues are awesome!" But it can't nullify a point by point analysis.

capt98 is right. The alternate jersey crest logo only had some outlining changes, but the overall design of the logo remained intact.

It's fine to me, I don't see a problem with it. I actually like the Flyers alternate jersey and hopefully it'll be back next season.

I really hope not, I hope they just use the same template (Cant say the same for a goo dportion of the other nhl teams), as it will look really good, and I hope they use the normal logo.

I gave the gentleman that runs the NHL Tournament of Logos blog a heads up on the new Phoenix Coyotes jerseys.

While the Coyotes are quite slow in posting anything on their site such as a news release, you can see the NHL Shop images of the Coyotes new home and road jerseys side by side as posted on his brand-new blog entry.

do u all guyz no when the leafs new jerseys r comin out because i want 1 but dont no wat they r.

*steals Mad Mac's joke*

Mr. President, shouldn't you be focusing on the war instead of posting about hockey jerseys???

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Thanks.. I was following that thread and saw them. I was mostly looking for confirmation on the shoulder yoke, which is indeed, there.

There is a strong idea in the San Jose Sharks community among certain individuals that the *real* San Jose jersey will look nothing like what was released in NHL 08. This idea seems to be pretty strong and probably based on many facets of denial. hehe.. so I've been following all the releases to see if abnormal or weird release elements, like the Coyotes shoulder yoke, are turning out to be accurate.

So far, everything is turning out to be incredibly accurate. This is not to say that San Jose can't be that *one* team that totally pulled the wool over EA Sports' eyes, but I mean.. heh. It's a little crazy.

San Jose is the last team to unveil because they have indeed changed their uniforms since giving the design to EA Sports. However, so as not to look stupid or false, they also somehow convinced Reebok to release the code on Reebok's site early, so that there is someone to blame for the jerseys not matching when San Jose unveils them, and they look nothing like in the game. *grin*

Ok, that's all utter bullspit, but it's Saturday, I'm enjoying some Chocolate Mint Baileys, and I have nothing better to do.

Um... the Sharks jerseys are already available at the Sabres Store at HSBC Arena.

I could've snapped pics, but they are the same as in NHL 08. For sure.

Um... the Sharks jerseys are already available at the Sabres Store at HSBC Arena.

I could've snapped pics, but they are the same as in NHL 08. For sure.

I didn't say *I* was one of the people that thought they'd be totally different ;) But way to kill my fake conspiracy theory. lol.

Archived