2007-2008 NHL Logos & Uniforms

BBM

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AND I SEE YOU ROOT FOR BLACKBURN........HHMM........

I'd say "Welcome!" But "Good Bye!" seems more appropriate. :wacko:

Cheer up though...you may have the shortest non-bot membership in board history. :P

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Fairly quietly, it seems, the NHL has become the biggest billboard of the "4 majors." The logo on the back is huge and many teams are incorporating striping that breaks up in order to really accentuate the big logo on the rear of the jersey.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Florida.....please see dallas and put this team in halifax, london, quebec, the north pole just get them the hell out of south florida...i cant even say miami cause i dont even know where the hell this teams arena is!!!!!! they in orlando yet??? colors r cool and the logo is just.....eh.......modernize the cat.....1 star

The BankAtlantic Center is in Sunrise a few blocks from Ft. Lauderdale.

I'm willing to bet that you're a Mets fan too.

At least the Flyers management has some kind of sense of tradition:

The Flyers unveiled their new Reebok home sweater. It's a nylon mesh that is water-resistant, can stretch in four directions, and is form-fitting. Peter Luukko, president of Comcast, which owns the Flyers, said that while many team logos had changed over the years, the Flyers' P would never change - only the uniform. "That logo within itself has become our tradition," Luukko said.

The black jersey is white on the shoulders, with orange at the forearm to the wrist and black in the middle. For the next two weeks, the jerseys are on sale exclusively at Flyers Skate Zones and the Wachovia Center.

Privately, some of the players said the new jerseys were too snug. So the Flyers are ordering them two sizes larger than usual for most players.

Peter Luukko, president of Comcast, which owns the Flyers, said that while many team logos had changed over the years, the Flyers' P would never change - only the uniform. "That logo within itself has become our tradition," Luukko said.

Except when it does.

p1489909reg.jpg

Peter Luukko, president of Comcast, which owns the Flyers, said that while many team logos had changed over the years, the Flyers' P would never change - only the uniform. "That logo within itself has become our tradition," Luukko said.

Except when it does.

p1489909reg.jpg

That's not really a change. It was just outlined in silver for a third jersey.

STL FANATIC, Blues fans should be proud to wear the team's new RBK Edge jerseys. They are very, very sharp.

These are one of the best jerseys unveiled so far this summer outside of those teams that stayed pat on their overall designs (the Rangers, Detroit, Montreal, Toronto).

There is only one thing that I think should not have been done and that is the abruptness of the white trim (or dark blue on the road jerseys) around the shoulder panel that stops at the Reebok logo (above the nameplate). If it was continuous and the logo color was the opposite of the base color of the jersey, it would then be perfect.

Nice use of the yellow piping. I believe it is used to pay homage to the Gateway Arch. If so, it was tastefully done.

Any Blues fan that wants this new jersey, you oughta be buying this today.

Dallas.....DO NOT get me started on this POC......Hey Reebok, really innovative on the Stars Jersey......"DALLAS"...man do these suck........Lets just get hockey the hell out of Texas and relocate them to say.......Winnipeg......they get 1/2 a star cause these unis suck

impressive... it took you exactly 1 post since signing up, for me to dislike you and your opinions.

Thats too bad.......hey okajima and papelbon did a great job last night.......there u can dislike me even more

Ahhhh....it's so refreshing to see new members acting maturely and staying on topic....oh well this guy'll be gone soon.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

STL FANATIC, Blues fans should be proud to wear the team's new RBK Edge jerseys. They are very, very sharp.

Well, this Blues fan has no plans (at least for now) to wear that. I think it stinks. Mind you, I think it's still in quite easily in the top tier of NHL uniforms after this rollout. But I believe that it's a huge downgrade from their previous set--which I believe was nigh perfect, and may well have been the best overall set in hockey (at minimum, top three).

Oh, and for the guy who posted the long list and said the Blues should dump black, well... the Blues don't use black. Nice try, though.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Well, this Blues fan has no plans (at least for now) to wear that. I think it stinks. Mind you, I think it's still in quite easily in the top tier of NHL uniforms after this rollout. But I believe that it's a huge downgrade from their previous set--which I believe was nigh perfect, and may well have been the best overall set in hockey (at minimum, top three).

I agree on the downgrade part.

The Blues had a set that ranks up there with the top hockey uniforms of all time.

They couldn't do anything but downgrade.

But if they were gonna change, and they were gonna try and fit into this idea of "modernizing" the uniform, well they did one hell of a job. They've still got a classy, sharp look, and they kept a similar feel to the last set.

I don't love them more than the last set, but I do love them.

The Coyotes were supposed to unveil at 11:00am Phoenix time today.. what happened to that? I haven't seen a single photo yet, and their website has nothing.

The jerseys have been unveiled, but as you said, nothing is online yet. I'm really surprised.

The Blues were so quick to get theirs up right around the time their jerseys were unveiled.

If I see anything on Phoenix, I'll post something for you.

STL FANATIC, thanks for those photos from the scrimmage. The players look good in the new jerseys.

Archived