2007-2008 NHL Logos & Uniforms

BBM

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

according to the dallas morning news, the NHL might be returning to white at home, and that's why the stars designed them the way they did.

it goes on to say that next season, alternates will return, and it's possible that dallas will have 2 sets of uniforms... one home/road with the logo, and green/gold, and one home/road with black/gold and DALLAS... i guess sorta like the new york rangers did at one point, and anaheim out west.

who knows.

just reporting what the paper said. i'd buy a green version of the white... hell, i'd buy a green version of the black, too.

THE NEW RBK NHL UNIS..................

AN OPINION FROM A SELF LABELED LOGO/UNI/STADIUM JUNKIE........

This is my first post here and I wanna keep it fun but please keep in mind that these are MY OPINIONS and dont reflect anyone else's opinions other than my own.......havent figured out how to the lil logo thing repping my fave squads but Ill tell ya

Yankees

Rangers

Arsenal Gunners!!

Dolphins

Kincks

FSU Noles

SJU Red Storm

Duke Blue Devils

So if theres any partial opinions on my end......just scroll up!!!!!!

Here we go........

Atlanta.....glad they got rid of that heinous 3rd jersey they wore for the last few seasons and toned down the color pallette.....Ill give the RBK's 3 out of 5 stars...they got that 3rd star for ditching the 1971 Atlanta in orange down the sleeve mess.....

Anaheim.....Whoever designed these things should be shot!!! This organization payed some firm oodles of cash to design a new logo and uni and what they have is the best they came up with? That individual should be prosecuted for Grand larceny "DUCKS" in gold......hm.........not real creative....gimme corny for crying out loud, the name of your team is the DUCKS!!!!!! I expect corny....lets go retro Oregon and gimme donald friggin duck jumin out of a d or sumthin......I dont like these cause they r boring........1 star

Boston.....Listen I am a native NY'r and I really dont like anything Boston other than the beer and the women (well certain ones) but they did a real nice job with the baby bears.....ditchin the blinding yellow top with yogi friggin bear on it was an enormous plus.....like the new shoulder patches.....something vintage bout em.....3 stars

Buffalo.....ah the flying slugs......seriously who cares, NEXT.......

Calgary....glad to see they gave the horse shirt thing with the flaming nostrils (seriously that thig was ugly) a farewell and I like the new duds but I do wish they would ditch the Black "c" and go back to a white one..........another 3 stars

Carolina.......One of the more irrelevant teams in the league.....nice uni's though although I myself like the whale tail H.....3 stars

Chicago.....they still have a hockey team in the windy city? Oh right they do, they just suck!!! Although I like the unis, just gimme a modernized but not too much native american profile.......classic unis ......4 stars

Colorado.......Ive always liked the av uni but again they were much nicer with the igloo, n, stick thing.....Les Nordiques (whatever the hell they are) like the colors and the logo is witty.....the guy who designed this should seriously call the ducks......4 stars

Columbus.....um......hhhmm.....when is this team moving to cleveland?....2 stars....if they kept the bee with the radioactive eyes, different story, but they didnt.........

Dallas.....DO NOT get me started on this POC......Hey Reebok, really innovative on the Stars Jersey......"DALLAS"...man do these suck........Lets just get hockey the hell out of Texas and relocate them to say.......Winnipeg......they get 1/2 a star cause these unis suck

Detroit.....5 stars......red, white, wheel and a wing.......timeless

Edmonton....love the colors, different and original combo and the logo hasnt changed a bit........didnt like the modernized oil drop 3rd thing, too......robotic i guess....the miner/oiler dude was cool.......3 stars

Florida.....please see dallas and put this team in halifax, london, quebec, the north pole just get them the hell out of south florida...i cant even say miami cause i dont even know where the hell this teams arena is!!!!!! they in orlando yet??? colors r cool and the logo is just.....eh.......modernize the cat.....1 star

Los Angeles......uh boy, I can go on about how these unis have sucked for years but I am going to pass on this one.....too easy......Kings should be something cool and regal lookin, my 6 yr old autistic nephew can take a crayon and draw a better crown than the crap this team wears on their shirt.......1 star......

Minnesota......great job with the logo and the unis....like the new "home" jerseys or the solid color ones......pretty cool....4 stars (nice job incorporating the star on the new uni) this guy should give the kings a hand....(SoCal and their hockey teams....go figure)

Montreal.....almost as classic as yankee pinstripes.......5 stars

Nashville.....hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

ah gimme a break......when did tennessee become a hockey hotbed? 1 star

New Jersey......They have got to have the most boring jersey in the league.......hey LL how bout a black 3rd? youll sell tons of those to the gang bangers in Newark.......2 stars

Long Island.....this team dosent deserve to call themselves new york, the unis r a joke, shouldve left them alone....bring back the gortons fisherman!!!! he was friggin cool, him and that technicolor jersey they wore a gfew years back, looked like a bag of skittles they had so many colors in the damn uni.....2 stars cause the actual logo is somewhat ok......

New York.....see Detroit and Montreal and to a certain extent Chicago......5 stars (notice a pattern)

Ottawa....I friggin love these unis and the logo!!!!! kinda ballsy to make your logo a face of some pissed off roman soldier but it works!!!!! 5 stars

Philadelphia......hhhmmm whats a flyer? .....2 stars

Phoenix........eh 2 stars......too easy of a target....Wayne get the hell out of there

Pittsburgh...I actually like these unis also......back to Anaheim, look at the penguins logo, cartoony, stupid, corny but it works.........3 stars

San Jose......the new logo is awesome, but allow me to ask, arent the sharks actually in San Francisco's bay? anyways, colors work (1st team other than the phins to rock the teal) new logo is sharp.....3 stars

St Louis.....please, please ditch the black, dosent look good....cost ya guys a star......3 stars

Tampa Bay......they actually redesigned the logo and ill tell ya, the old one is better if you can notice the difference.......and I like the 3rd jersey from yesteryear with the bolts all over it, sharp but they still r tampa.....3 stars

Toronto......5 stars.....blue, white, leaf....that is it........the interlocked "TLM" is cool also

Vancouver.....there was a pic floatind around here that had a pissed off lumberjack walking out of a v, those were kick ass but the nucks went in a different direction........and that makes the uni suck......take the vancouver off and different story.......and I like Johnny Canuck!!!!! 2 stars

Washington......I hate this team but a return to the red, white and blue, and the old look unis is pretty cool.....ill give em 4 stars just for goin back to the originals........

Well there ya go, hope ya get a chuckle or 2 reading these but I would like to know what u guys think........

Out,

Mike

Dallas.....DO NOT get me started on this POC......Hey Reebok, really innovative on the Stars Jersey......"DALLAS"...man do these suck........Lets just get hockey the hell out of Texas and relocate them to say.......Winnipeg......they get 1/2 a star cause these unis suck

You do know RBK did not design the uniforms singlehandedly right?

Meh i didn't want to do this now because I wanted to see all the jerseys in real life first, in game to judge, but i'm too tempted to.

Anaheim - No difference except the collars, and I like the extra orange in there - Minor Upgrade.

Atlanta - Never liked their roads before, but always loved their homes. The only thing I dont like about this set is inconsistency but I'd say the roads are an upgrade over their past roads, + the homes arent that different. - Minor Upgrade.

Boston - Best jerseys to come out of the RBK Edge Extravaganza - nuff said. - Major Upgrade.

Buffalo - Well at least they didn't screw all of their fans who bought :censored:loads of buffaslug jerseys by changing up their edge jerseys. - It's a bad logo but great jersey, but upgrade just because of them having a unique template.

Calgary - My beloved Flames. Socks are terrible and is pretty much the German flag, the backs look like rams, the flags are really dumb but will go away. Piping doesn't bother me much, but as long as it has the Flaming C on it, it's an awesome jersey. - Downgrade, but i'll get one anyways. Go Flames Go.

Carolina - Good on them on staying the same, but pointless addition on their shoulders. It makes it look much more busy. - Minor downgrade.

Chicago - Changed the tomahawk C's which makes it look better. - Minor upgrade.

Colorado - I don't hate them as much as some of the people do here, but still, their old jerseys were awesome. - Downgrade.

Columbus - Too much blue on their homes, but their white jerseys are freakin amazing. - Upgrade.

Dallas - Terrible, terrible, terrible. I hated their old sets, and hate these more. It's way too plain, and the black jerseys without the college numbers just look retarded. If I had to get an authentic, it'd come with no numbers and would look bad. The white is okay, but too plain. The mockup that someone did here based on the Stars new jerseys was amazing, if they had released that it would've been one of the best jerseys unveiled. - Major downgrade.

Detroit - No changes. - No grade.

Edmonton - I might be biased here, but I think the white ones contend Nashville's roads for worst jersey. Absolutely terrible set, it's not fit for their colors at all. I liked their old jerseys, but these are brutal. The white one is as close to a practice jersey as you can get. - Major downgrade.

Florida - Same template as Edmonton but their colors work here. I hated their old jerseys, so maybe this is why I like theirs. The addition of red shoulders gives this template much needed color. - Upgrade.

Los Angeles - In action they look really good, surprisingly good in fact, but they should have removed the 'Los Angeles'. - No grade.

Minnesota - I hate the inconsistency here. If they came out with a white jersey with the same template as the red one, this would have been one of the top 5 new edge jerseys released. At least they have their red jersey as their primary now but still i'm dissapointed at no new white jersey. - No grade.

Montreal - No changes. - No grade.

Nashville - I actually really liked their old jerseys. I don't even want to start on these jerseys. - MAJOR Downgrade.

New Jersey - No changes. - No grade.

New York Islanders - Don't like these at all, the whites look disgusting. They've somewhat grown on me since their release, but I still really dislike them. - Major downgrade.

New York Rangers - Barely any changes. - No grade.

Ottawa - Love em. I dislike the team, but these jerseys are amazing. They finally have consistency, + I love the white and black, reminds me of the 67's. Good job ottawa - Upgrade.

Philadelphia - Minor differences, but it doesn't ruin the jersey for me. - No grade.

Phoenix - I like the addition of the red shoulders on the homes, but the stripes that are missing from there need to be added. - Minor downgrade only because the jerseys look incomplete.

Pittsburgh - Look bland in action, but I still like them. Old ones are obviously better, but its only a downgrade because their old ones were so nice. - Minor Downgrade

San Jose - Their whites are awesome with all the teal, and their homes are great too. The only thing i dont like is the excess amount of black on their homes. Still though, these are extremely good jerseys, and I love their logo! - Upgrade

St. Louis - Love their color scheme, and they didn't mess this up at all. This is piping done right, and if you look at their pants, it connects with the jersey which looks awesome. Really good job here, STL. - No grade because their old jerseys were simply awesome.

Tampa Bay - Like the logo, hate the black jerseys, love the white jerseys. - Upgrade but meh could have been better.

Toronto - Too much blue on their homes, too much white on their roads. The missing 2 stripes really take out a lot. I'm happy I have my old Leafs road jersey because I'm not gonna any one of their new jerseys. - Downgrade.

Vancouver - They look good in video games, but bad in real life - way too cluttered. Remove the Vancouver and this would easily be their best jersey ever. I like their colors and everything else about it, just not the 'Vancouver'. - Upgrade only because their old jerseys were so crap. It hurts me to say as a Flames fan that I somewhat like the nucks jersey.

Washington - Love the red, white and blue. These jerseys are an upgrade in every single way, but if they had used their old logos and recolored it to red, white and blue that would make these jerseys even better. I will buy a red Ovechkin jersey. - Major upgrade.

espnsignq8.png

Atlanta.....glad they got rid of that heinous 3rd jersey they wore for the last few seasons and toned down the color pallette.....Ill give the RBK's 3 out of 5 stars...they got that 3rd star for ditching the 1971 Atlanta in orange down the sleeve mess.....

Seeing how you are obviously a very observant lover of uniforms and logos, I'm certain that you just made an innocent mistake and overlooked the fact that the "heinous 3rd jersey they wore for the last few seasons" with the "1971 Atlanta in orange down the sleeve mess" is now their permanent home jersey. Don't worry, we all make mistakes.

Columbus.....um......hhhmm.....when is this team moving to cleveland?....2 stars....if they kept the bee with the radioactive eyes, different story, but they didnt.........

That's some pretty good commentary on their uniforms. I look forward to reading more from you.

Again, some excellent criticism on the Flyers' update. I agree, they probably should have left well enough alone, but I think it's a nice update

Phoenix........eh 2 stars......too easy of a target....Wayne get the hell out of there

Again, a spot-on analysis. You're ideas intrigue me, and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

St Louis.....please, please ditch the black, dosent look good....cost ya guys a star......3 stars

St. Louis' black is just as black as your beloved Yankees' black. What's that you say? The Yankees aren't black? Well guess what, champ...

With all of the well-thought-out analysis you've provided for us here, I know I'm not alone in wishing you a warm welcome to the board, and hoping that we get more posts like this from you. Hopefully something in the neighborhood of 10 - 15 / hour. BTW - have you thought of creating a second account? It's really awesome, and everyone like totally does it.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

North America goes to high definition and the Dallas Stars go to black and white? They really should have gone with green.

I can't even imagine how boring the unis will look on TV when Toronto visits Dallas. It will look like a rec league game.

"This sweater, this Bluenote, it's your life. That Bluenote never hits the floor. You wear that sweater with pride." Barclay Plager

plagerbrosdancing.jpg

impressive... it took you exactly 1 post since signing up, for me to dislike you and your opinions.

Alright, since everyone else is chiming in:

The "ehh... blah" award goes to:

Toronto -- way too plain.

Ottawa -- Decent logo upgrade, but the unis are pretty plain

Tampa Bay -- see Ottawa

Pittsburgh -- Bigger logo, and side panels. Umm how about something for the front of the jersey?

The "serving too many masters" award goes to:

Vancouver -- old school, new school, and remedial school, all in one. It's not awful but it tries to do too much.

Dallas -- I guess they're trying to feel retro, or collegiate, and it kinda sorta works, but in the end, there are better ways to this approach.

NY Islanders -- "Well, people like tradition. But they also like the pumpkin jerseys! What do we do!" as well as "anything we do can't be as bad as the fisherman, so go to town, Reebok!" And, here they are.

The "change for the sake of change" award goes to:

Atlanta, Colorado, Philadelphia, LA -- Not to say the changes were all bad, but they kept the same logos, colors, and general appearance. They just felt the need to... look cooler. (By the way, I really like Philly's new jersey).

The "hey look we got it right!" award goes to:

Boston -- Classic look. Original Six team. Good enough for me.

Columbus -- Beautiful, sleek, modern while still feeling old school.

Minnesota -- Always liked the red jersey. They managed to keep the set classy, though I wouldn't have minded cream color roads.

San Jose -- Nice new logo, nicer jerseys. The colors, striping, I really like them.

Washington -- I started on the fence with these, but now I think they're by far the biggest upgrade. Nice unis and a nice new logo.

The "Piping, MY GOD THE PIPING" award goes to:

Calgary -- Is that a rams head on the back of the jersey? Seriously what is that? Did any kind of professional design consulting go into this one?

Florida -- We love lines down the front of our shirts, and you should too.

Nashville -- I'm not a hater of these as much as everyone else is. But yeah, the piping is pretty rough.

St Louis -- Thank you JD and company, for taking one of the best jerseys in hockey and adding all that lovely yellow piping. Just what it needed.

Edmonton -- I have only seen these in NHL 08, but I mean, come on. Stripes halfway around the sleeves? THE HUMANITY.

The "changes? We don't need no stinkin' changes" award goes to:

Chicago, Detroit, Montreal, New Jersey, NY Rangers, Phoenix -- Remained steadfast in not Edgifying themselves.

Buffalo, Anaheim -- Edgified themselves last year in order to avoid having to do it again this year.

BEST JERSEYS: Columbus

WORST JERSEYS: Calgary

Alright, I think that's the lot of it.

I find it funny that everyone bitches for traditional and then when the Stars and Leafs do it, they are too boring.

it's about as bad as when people hate the stars for not using their primary logo on the chest of their dark uniform, but praise the rangers for not changing a thing.

especially when you look at the rangers jersey from the 40's, that looks almost exactly like the new dallas home jersey.

i've said it once, and i'll say it a million times. the only good reason to dislike the new stars uniform is a lack of green on the black jersey. the white jersey is damn near flawless, and the black jersey is awesome, but lacking in green.

I find it funny that everyone bitches for traditional and then when the Stars and Leafs do it, they are too boring.

I am a traditionalist, but there is a right and wrong way to do it. Chicago, Boston, Montreal, Detroit, Rangers, Vancouver, San Jose and New Jersey all have simple traditional jersey designs that look great, mainly because they include COLOR. Toronto's isn't that bad on its own. I was simply noting how boring it would look on TV with their whites versus Dallas' blacks.

"This sweater, this Bluenote, it's your life. That Bluenote never hits the floor. You wear that sweater with pride." Barclay Plager

plagerbrosdancing.jpg

it's about as bad as when people hate the stars for not using their primary logo on the chest of their dark uniform, but praise the rangers for not changing a thing.

especially when you look at the rangers jersey from the 40's, that looks almost exactly like the new dallas home jersey.

i've said it once, and i'll say it a million times. the only good reason to dislike the new stars uniform is a lack of green on the black jersey. the white jersey is damn near flawless, and the black jersey is awesome, but lacking in green.

The white jersey has the same problem as the black jersey, just with the color black. The big white chunk ought to be green on the white jersey and the green stripe black. Or gold then black. Whatever.

Basically, the Stars aren't one of those super ugly teams, it's just where they didn't do enough to get things right, so it sticks out as poor.

The Blues official unvieling is in less than an hour.

This is probably the first time I've ever had one of these done before the team even officially unveils their jersey, then.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Does anyone have any insight into how the NHL's deal with RBK is structured and how this may impact uniform tweaks, fixes, and redesigns in the next few seasons?

To me, the incomplete sleeve striping on the Oilers monstrosity has 'one-year wonder' written all over it, as do some of the other designs. However, as the mass redesign is primarily about RBK branding, I'm wondering if there are restrictions regarding modifications or length of time teams are required to keep their RBK? designs?

- Are teams required to stick with these uniforms for a minimum amount of time, as is?

- If teams are allowed to make changes (like fixing the Oilers stripes) are there restrictions or consequences as part of the deal (ex. change is allowed, but 9 more vector logos show up on your jerseys)?

Overall, the Dallas set is clean, straightforward, and simple. I like 'em.

Needs (hem) stripes.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

THE NEW RBK NHL UNIS..................

AN OPINION FROM A SELF LABELED LOGO/UNI/STADIUM JUNKIE........

This is my first post here and I wanna keep it fun but please keep in mind that these are MY OPINIONS and dont reflect anyone else's opinions other than my own.......havent figured out how to the lil logo thing repping my fave squads but Ill tell ya

Yankees

Rangers

Arsenal Gunners!!

Dolphins

Kincks

FSU Noles

SJU Red Storm

Duke Blue Devils

So if theres any partial opinions on my end......just scroll up!!!!!!

Here we go........

Anaheim.....Whoever designed these things should be shot!!! This organization payed some firm oodles of cash to design a new logo and uni and what they have is the best they came up with? That individual should be prosecuted for Grand larceny "DUCKS" in gold......hm.........not real creative....gimme corny for crying out loud, the name of your team is the DUCKS!!!!!! I expect corny....lets go retro Oregon and gimme donald friggin duck jumin out of a d or sumthin......I dont like these cause they r boring........1 star

Boston.....Listen I am a native NY'r and I really dont like anything Boston other than the beer and the women (well certain ones) but they did a real nice job with the baby bears.....ditchin the blinding yellow top with yogi friggin bear on it was an enormous plus.....like the new shoulder patches.....something vintage bout em.....3 stars

Buffalo.....ah the flying slugs......seriously who cares, NEXT.......

Calgary....glad to see they gave the horse shirt thing with the flaming nostrils (seriously that thig was ugly) a farewell and I like the new duds but I do wish they would ditch the Black "c" and go back to a white one..........another 3 stars

Carolina.......One of the more irrelevant teams in the league.....nice uni's though although I myself like the whale tail H.....3 stars

Chicago.....they still have a hockey team in the windy city? Oh right they do, they just suck!!! Although I like the unis, just gimme a modernized but not too much native american profile.......classic unis ......4 stars

Colorado.......Ive always liked the av uni but again they were much nicer with the igloo, n, stick thing.....Les Nordiques (whatever the hell they are) like the colors and the logo is witty.....the guy who designed this should seriously call the ducks......4 stars

Detroit.....5 stars......red, white, wheel and a wing.......timeless

Edmonton....love the colors, different and original combo and the logo hasnt changed a bit........didnt like the modernized oil drop 3rd thing, too......robotic i guess....the miner/oiler dude was cool.......3 stars

Florida.....please see dallas and put this team in halifax, london, quebec, the north pole just get them the hell out of south florida...i cant even say miami cause i dont even know where the hell this teams arena is!!!!!! they in orlando yet??? colors r cool and the logo is just.....eh.......modernize the cat.....1 star

Los Angeles......uh boy, I can go on about how these unis have sucked for years but I am going to pass on this one.....too easy......Kings should be something cool and regal lookin, my 6 yr old autistic nephew can take a crayon and draw a better crown than the crap this team wears on their shirt.......1 star......

Minnesota......great job with the logo and the unis....like the new "home" jerseys or the solid color ones......pretty cool....4 stars (nice job incorporating the star on the new uni) this guy should give the kings a hand....(SoCal and their hockey teams....go figure)

Montreal.....almost as classic as yankee pinstripes.......5 stars

Nashville.....hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

ah gimme a break......when did tennessee become a hockey hotbed? 1 star

New Jersey......They have got to have the most boring jersey in the league.......hey LL how bout a black 3rd? youll sell tons of those to the gang bangers in Newark.......2 stars

Long Island.....this team dosent deserve to call themselves new york, the unis r a joke, shouldve left them alone....bring back the gortons fisherman!!!! he was friggin cool, him and that technicolor jersey they wore a gfew years back, looked like a bag of skittles they had so many colors in the damn uni.....2 stars cause the actual logo is somewhat ok......

New York.....see Detroit and Montreal and to a certain extent Chicago......5 stars (notice a pattern)

Ottawa....I friggin love these unis and the logo!!!!! kinda ballsy to make your logo a face of some pissed off roman soldier but it works!!!!! 5 stars

Pittsburgh...I actually like these unis also......back to Anaheim, look at the penguins logo, cartoony, stupid, corny but it works.........3 stars

San Jose......the new logo is awesome, but allow me to ask, arent the sharks actually in San Francisco's bay? anyways, colors work (1st team other than the phins to rock the teal) new logo is sharp.....3 stars

Tampa Bay......they actually redesigned the logo and ill tell ya, the old one is better if you can notice the difference.......and I like the 3rd jersey from yesteryear with the bolts all over it, sharp but they still r tampa.....3 stars

Toronto......5 stars.....blue, white, leaf....that is it........the interlocked "TLM" is cool also

Vancouver.....there was a pic floatind around here that had a pissed off lumberjack walking out of a v, those were kick ass but the nucks went in a different direction........and that makes the uni suck......take the vancouver off and different story.......and I like Johnny Canuck!!!!! 2 stars

Washington......I hate this team but a return to the red, white and blue, and the old look unis is pretty cool.....ill give em 4 stars just for goin back to the originals........

Well there ya go, hope ya get a chuckle or 2 reading these but I would like to know what u guys think........

Out,

Mike

-Rob Roy

Archived