2007-2008 NHL Logos & Uniforms

BBM

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's weird how they wear black pants and, aside from a very small amount in the shoulder logos and numbers, there is no black on the uniforms or socks.

Black uniforms aren't too bad, but the ONLY use of green in that entire uniform is the green star on each shoulder.

Downgrade.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

as much as i hate dallas, i gotta say they now have the best looking jerseys in the league with Boston. The road whites are so sweet. count yourself lucky, dallas fans!

I wholeheartedly disagree.

Don't get me wrong, the Dallas jerseys aren't gawdy and ugly or anything.

They're just poorly designed.

Dallas just unveiled...

jersey_unveil460.jpg

I wouldn't mind the jerseys if they weren't soo damn busy...

You have the # and Letter on each side on the away jersey, then on the home jersey you have the City, # and letter on the front and then the TV numbers and finally, the back numbers.

They should have dropped the tv numbers if they wanted to use the number on the front.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

Individually no but as a set they don't work together. The black needs more green and the white needs more black. That said I do like the Dallas script over the numbers look.

Even just adding green elbow stripes would be better for the home jersey. The roads I can live with as they are... it's Leafs-y minimalism, but there's just enough colour and shape to make it interesting.

My pics from the Flyers/Phantoms jersey unveiling today are now up. To put the on-ice photo shoot into context, there was someone portraying Benjamin Franklin on hand for a ceremonial puck drop, they had the players skate and come to a stop right in front of the cameras for dramatic effect, and the players took shots on goal against Bernie Parent. Also, the water in front of the Jeff Carter jersey in later shots is from a demonstration of the moisture wicking technology. MeiGray also had a display showing the evolution of the Flyers jersey throughout the years.

During the press conference, the strength of the Flyers logo as a recognized brand alongside some of the Original 6 teams like Boston, Detroit, or Montreal was mentioned and it was more or less stated that the logo will never change for that reason, so if anything does ever change with the logo, I suspect it would be little tweaks here and there like the 3D version used on the previous thirds and not a complete overhaul.

Archived