• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
edgebuf.jpg

edgenyr.jpg

edmnjd.jpg

edgeedm.jpg

coyotesroad.jpg

Way to credit nhllogos.blogspot.com for those images. Don't take what other people post and try to pass it off as your own.

Umm, ya ok...cause I totally took credit for those pics...I'm just posting images...relax <_<

And yes, officially, they're from the NHL.

I think that the Oilers would look fantastic in the Blues template.

White jersey: blue shoulders, orange piping.

Blue jersey: orange shoulders (or blue), white (or orange if shoulders are blue) piping.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

the thing that is bugging me with the new blues set is where the navy and blue collide on the arms. in those in game shots it looks like the colors bleed together. The yellow piping instead of going doing the jersey which in my opinion looks tacky(same with the preds, panthers, avs, oilers), should just go around the navy and royal on the shoulders to give contrast to the colors. I know its supposed to be a tribute to the arch but i rather see something like that done in an alternate logo or something. it starts off right then loses it when it goes down the jersey. Thats what makes the avs so gaudy is the front piping on the jersey instead of being on the blue/burgandy to break up the bleeding. i've seen concepts on this board get torn to shreds for designs that fail to break up the bleeding between two dark colors.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

the thing that is bugging me with the new blues set is where the navy and blue collide on the arms. in those in game shots it looks like the colors bleed together. The yellow piping instead of going doing the jersey which in my opinion looks tacky(same with the preds, panthers, avs, oilers), should just go around the navy and royal on the shoulders to give contrast to the colors. I know its supposed to be a tribute to the arch but i rather see something like that done in an alternate logo or something. it starts off right then loses it when it goes down the jersey. Thats what makes the avs so gaudy is the front piping on the jersey instead of being on the blue/burgandy to break up the bleeding. i've seen concepts on this board get torn to shreds for designs that fail to break up the bleeding between two dark colors.

I think I see what you're saying, but that's not new. The Blues have had that for the last almost 10 years.

Personally, while I agree with the principle of break up dark colors, I don't think it ever hurt the previous jerseys. I've always felt not going all the way around the shoulders gave it a nice old school look (similar to what the Bruins now have, though they have a light color against dark).

And I actually think that affect is a positive thing on the new blue jerseys. With the shoulders being so wide, the fact that you don't see a distinct separation helps to hide the fact that the shoulder yoke is big.

edgebuf.jpg

edgenyr.jpg

edmnjd.jpg

edgeedm.jpg

coyotesroad.jpg

Way to credit nhllogos.blogspot.com for those images. Don't take what other people post and try to pass it off as your own.

Umm, ya ok...cause I totally took credit for those pics...I'm just posting images...relax <_<

And yes, officially, they're from the NHL.

Its the fact THEY are hosting the images and not you. If you were hosting them then fine, but since you took their direct links, the least you could do is go "Grabbed these from ______".

And Pritch, stop being so quick on hitting "reply" after every post because at the end of the day, all your posts have become is padding for an immensely large thread which is taking its last few breaths of life. You have contributed nothing, expressed and repeated inconsistant views on jerseys and just dont think before you submit. Maybe you should have looked at who was hosting those links before assuming it was from the NHL because they certainly match up to host of the images on nhllogos.blogspot.com.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

And Pritch, stop being so quick on hitting "reply" after every post because at the end of the day, all your posts have become is padding for an immensely large thread which is taking its last few breaths of life. You have contributed nothing, expressed and repeated inconsistant views on jerseys and just dont think before you submit. Maybe you should have looked at who was hosting those links before assuming it was from the NHL because they certainly match up to host of the images on nhllogos.blogspot.com.

Actually I always think before I submit. Sorry I didnt like a few jerseys at first and now theyve grown on me. I have contributed nothing? Actually, Ive contributed my views on most of the jerseys in this thread. My posts are better then some of the ppl in here.

STL FANATIC, Blues fans should be proud to wear the team's new RBK Edge jerseys. They are very, very sharp.

Well, this Blues fan has no plans (at least for now) to wear that. I think it stinks. Mind you, I think it's still in quite easily in the top tier of NHL uniforms after this rollout. But I believe that it's a huge downgrade from their previous set--which I believe was nigh perfect, and may well have been the best overall set in hockey (at minimum, top three).

I'm with you. I was envious of how good the old Blues jerseys looked. These are a major, major downgrade.

STL FANATIC, Blues fans should be proud to wear the team's new RBK Edge jerseys. They are very, very sharp.

Well, this Blues fan has no plans (at least for now) to wear that. I think it stinks. Mind you, I think it's still in quite easily in the top tier of NHL uniforms after this rollout. But I believe that it's a huge downgrade from their previous set--which I believe was nigh perfect, and may well have been the best overall set in hockey (at minimum, top three).

I'm with you. I was envious of how good the old Blues jerseys looked. These are a major, major downgrade.

I agree, St. Louis had one of the top uni sets in the league. Although I like there new set, its a downgrade but last seasons but still I think its top 10 in the nhl right now.

Actually I always think before I submit. Sorry I didnt like a few jerseys at first and now theyve grown on me. I have contributed nothing? Actually, Ive contributed my views on most of the jerseys in this thread. My posts are better then some of the ppl in here.

More like some jerseys had growth spurts on you, caus eyou changed you mind kinda quickly on the leafs jersey.

I don't think it's been discussed, but depending on how far down the back the navy-blue portion goes on the Thrashers' road whites, they could have dark lettering for the first time in team history. All their previous lettering has been white with the yellow outlining.

That's gonna look strange....

youcantseeme; there is no way St. Louis' rebrand one of the worst. Theres nothing wrong with it except for the piping in my eyes.

I didn't mean to imply it was one of the worst. What I'm saying is the blues don't deserve any praise for their new set. much like Nashville, Florida, Long Island, Edmonton etc.

To go along with that, pretty much every jersey, people say they'd look fine with no piping. So I don't see how that really counts cause piping is what's wrong with 50% of these jerseys.

So other then Boston, Detroit, New Jersey, New York (Rangers), I really don't feel anyone deserves praise. The Blues aren't terrible, but they are nowhere near good enough, compared to there old ones.

untitled-6.jpg

Its the fact THEY are hosting the images and not you. If you were hosting them then fine, but since you took their direct links, the least you could do is go "Grabbed these from ______".

You're seriously overreacting. People are posting my hosted images all over the place and I'm not whining about anyone taking credit. You post something on the internet it's fair game. Just calm down a little. Just step away from the computer, go outside, get some fresh air, realize the world goes on and come back and have some fun with us. :D:D:D

edgebuf.jpg

edgenyr.jpg

edmnjd.jpg

edgeedm.jpg

coyotesroad.jpg

I can't for the life of me understand why teams use white laces with their white jerseys. The coyotes red jerseys look great with their new pants with the three stripes. Talk about retro, there was a day when all teams (except Philly) used to employ pant stripes. A lot of teams could upgrade their look with pant stripes. If the Coyotes would have added a white shoulder yoke to the homes and kept the hem stripes they would've acheived a significant upgrade.

You're seriously overreacting. People are posting my hosted images all over the place and I'm not whining about anyone taking credit. You post something on the internet it's fair game. Just calm down a little. Just step away from the computer, go outside, get some fresh air, realize the world goes on and come back and have some fun with us. :D

Oh I wouldn't doubt that your hosted images appear everywhere, however, I am sure you still get some credit from some people in some places. It just bothers me a bit when people just copy and paste without giving some kind of source... because its not as though he found all those images, he just found them on a site that had collected them all and displayed them together, the same way he eventually did. If it was just one image, fine, but the fact it was all of them it kind of bothered me. I'm sorry it has been drilled into me to "SOURCE, SOURCE, SOURCE" and that I sometimes like to see it happen in every day situations... ^_^

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

I've been opn record saying that I don't like the Islanders' new look. I'm not sure if my opinion is changing or if it's just some sort of "have to deal with it because it is what it is" but the new set is growing on be but would be much better if they eliminated the front numbers, the piping around the shoulders and the 4 stripe patch for the 4 cups (but I always thought this was cheesy).

Archived