2007-2008 NHL Logos & Uniforms

BBM

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jovanovski_091507_jersey.jpg

So, your telling me that the Coyotes can fit their captain letters on the right, but the Red Wings can't do it on theirs and are forced to put it on the left?

I don't know if they were forced. Maybe they didn't like the look of it on the right and decided to move it to the left where it traditionally was back when uniforms were as tight as these new uniforms are.

They really could use a bottom stripe. Without any piping there's just too much white. I'll admit, some teams pulled that off, not the Coyotes.

they were going to tuck in the jerseys at the begining so maybe some teams saw concepts without the bottom stripes and liked it. I really like all of the jerseys, some of them looks alot better than last year's jerseys. It just takes time to get used to seeing your teams in new threads, wait til next year when teams have another batch of jerseys, we could see some interesting designs.

So I bit the bullet (with the help of some connections) and picked up a new authentic home Leafs jersey. I know I still could have saved more on it if I had bought it through my other connections, but I am an impaitent person and wanted it before tuesday (first pre-season game) when otherwise I would have had to wait another few weeks. Anyways, if anyone has any questions on the pro jerseys just ask and I will try to answer. I will post pics tomorrow as my camera is back in Peterborough and my webcam and cell phone really won't do the job. I must say, in person, these jerseys look great and they fit very well too.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

They really could use a bottom stripe. Without any piping there's just too much white. I'll admit, some teams pulled that off, not the Coyotes.

I think they're okay. If the pants were white, I'd agree with you, but there's enough distinction between the two that a bottom stripe isn't really needed.

I think they're okay. If the pants were white, I'd agree with you, but there's enough distinction between the two that a bottom stripe isn't really needed.

Yeah, if the pants were solid, I would think downgrade, but the stripes on the pants look excellent and keep the pants/jersey from blending together.

don't give a :censored: what anyone says,

these look :censored:ing magnificient

Just got back from watching the Oilers scrimmage at the Joey Moss cup. Unfortunately, there's nothing magnificent about the jerseys. This guy in front of me was wearing a vintage home Gretzky jersey when they unveiled them, and all I could think about is how truly bad the new ones look in comparison.

I think the only improvement on the new Oilers uniform is the thicker copper area on the socks, and the addition of stripes on the pants.

Considering all the years of hockey history the Oilers have, a history with some beautiful uniforms, I find it so disappointing that this is what was approved.

307381509.jpg

don't give a :censored: what anyone says,

these look :censored:ing magnificient

....compared to the Avs

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

They still look better than calgary, and sometimes having no shoulder is better than having one.

they should have pushed out the pipes to allow the "C" or "A" to not overlap

I agree about the piping overlap. It really interferes with the A and C patches. I think the better option would have been to leave the piping out altogether, it really doesn't belong on a hockey jersey. I'm finding this recent de-evolution of the hockey jersey to a football jersey an unfortunate trend that doesn't seem to be ending anytime soon.

307381509.jpg

So I bit the bullet (with the help of some connections) and picked up a new authentic home Leafs jersey. I know I still could have saved more on it if I had bought it through my other connections, but I am an impaitent person and wanted it before tuesday (first pre-season game) when otherwise I would have had to wait another few weeks. Anyways, if anyone has any questions on the pro jerseys just ask and I will try to answer. I will post pics tomorrow as my camera is back in Peterborough and my webcam and cell phone really won't do the job. I must say, in person, these jerseys look great and they fit very well too.

Hows the fit, compared to the older (maybe older is not the appropriate word yet) jerseys? I know they're more form fitting but how much more...also any measurements (armpit to armpit and so on) would be great.

Yes, I'm looking to buy one but its kinda impossible to find a store in San Diego that sells Hockey jerseys so if I'm gonna take a gamble online I'd like to know as much as possible. Thanks!

14ilxq9.png

It's weird the image of the Thrashers home jersey looks different on the shop.nhl.com site than the one they modeled when they introduced them. The sleeve doesn't appear to taper as much and ATLANTA stretches the full length of the arm as opposed to mainly the forearm that Zhitnik modeled.

Hows the fit, compared to the older (maybe older is not the appropriate word yet) jerseys? I know they're more form fitting but how much more...also any measurements (armpit to armpit and so on) would be great.

Yes, I'm looking to buy one but its kinda impossible to find a store in San Diego that sells Hockey jerseys so if I'm gonna take a gamble online I'd like to know as much as possible. Thanks!

At the moment you can only buy them from team stores. Come Sept 21st though, its fair game. Um... I bought a size 46 (translates into M) and it fits very well. The sleves are kind of long but the trunk fit me comfortably with and without a sweater underneath. Mind you it looks more snug with something under it, but it does not look bad. A size 50 (the next size up and still considered an M) was too big in the torso and looked too big with and without something under it. Appearently there will be no size 48's for now, or so says Centre Sports and their size chart. I don't know specific measurements but I am sure if you look around online someone will have them. If you ever tried on one of the Nike Swift International jerseys, it shares a similar fit where it has very tapered arms and a long, slender torso.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

my question is, why did san jose adopt the new pattern over last years. last years would go along the same guidelines of the 'new look'.

well, here's something i'd like to see what others think. winners and losers of the rbk project:

Winners:

Boston - Grade - A+: The overhaul of the logo/jersey is fantastic. The home is a 10, the away isn't as strong but it's atleast a 7.

Columbus - Grade - B: The straight lines work for this team. They finally have a respectable logo and killed off the bug. one of my favorite edge jerseys

Florida - Grade - B: The design is very nice. Too bad the logo wasn't updated and the spot around the rbk logo is jacked. Other than that, it's nice to see they actually changed the inaugural jersey.

Minnesota - Grade - B-: The away jersey is one of my favorites. The home jersey looks great red, too bad for that awful logo though. I would have rather had an "M" style of the northstars logo.

Montreal - Grade - A: Another favorite of the rbk remakes. This is the only jerseys I was 'ok' with having the old stripe pattern.

New York Islanders - Grade - A: I actually like this one. I'm a fan of the old ones, but the overall between the home and away is equally as strong. Its something the other jerseys dont have, stability as a group. I like these alot.

Philadelphia - Grade - B-: Much like the Islanders, I like these as a couple. Alone they aren't as strong but the franchise needed a change. I am a fan of the old ones but it's nice to see a simple variation instead of something all over the place. Atleast the didnt use the 3d logo...yikes.

Tampa Bay - Grade - B+: Though they share the same temp as Pittsburgh and Ottawa, the new logo and design actually works for them. Congrats.

Toronto - Grade - A+: Very classic. They lost the bottom stripe and still look amazing. Easily a 10.

Washington - Grade - A:I love that they brought back the old style red, white, blue look. I wish they would have kept the building or the unused eagle as a patch though.

Neither:

Atlanta - Grade - C: Yes, the home jersey is awful with the sleeve, but they finally have one logo and both jerseys look much better than those of the past.

Chicago - Grade - B: It's the same jersey, but it's a classic and it looks very nice. I wish they would have atleast removed the stripes on the bottom end of the jersey.

Detroit - Grade - B: Detroit wins again. See chicago -.... I like the throw back to the "C" of the past. But I find it extremely unnecessary. Choose a different font or shrink your logo slightly. There's no reason to be the black sheep of the league. Whatever, the jersey stays the same.

Los Angeles - Grade - B-: Not too far off from last year, but not nearly as busy. That's the only reason its where its at. I like it, but I wish it were gold and purple.

St. Louis - Grade - B: Close to last years jersey, the home jersey is fantastic. Last years away was much better though

Losers:

Anaheim - Grade - C: Same as 2007, should have brought back the duck mask

Buffalo - Grade - C+: The slug has to go. The jersey design is very nice

Calgary - Grade - C: There's something about the sleevs the are off. I like the general colors and face of the jersey. I cant pinpoint my problem.

Carolina - Grade - D: This was an opportunity to leave that design in the past. They decided to add shoulder stripes and we're supposed to worship the fallen whalers. please.

Colorado - Grade - C-: The only part that is clean is the collar. The general design resembles that of a two year old. It's very blocky and straight lined, highly contrasted with the last version.

Dallas - Grade - F: I couldn't be more disappointed with this team. The last jersey design was amazing. I'm very disappointed. "Dallas" is lame.

Edmonton - Grade - D: I'm sad to see the traditional design leave but thats not why I'm giving this thumbs down. The overall design could have been much better. The sleeves are ridiculous.

Nashville - Grade - C-: The home set looks decent without the white box on the arms. If it were blue, we'd be singing a different tune. The white jersey is plain, it looks like a practice jersey.

New Jersey - Grade - C: If edmonton couldn't keep their old style, why should NJ? I'm not making a big deal of it but they could have come up with something very clever with this opportunity, instead they take the easy way out.....and do nothing.

New York Rangers - Grade - C: From what i've seen, I like that they kept the stlye but I've only seen jerseys with 'Rangers' on it. New York is no longer on the font? Crazy

Ottawa - Grade - C+: the logo is much better, too bad I cant say the same for the jersey design. It looks like they put too much effort in the logo. The jersey is boring, I'd rather them use the old home jersey with an away version. that'd be amazing

Phoenix - Grade - D: Not enough. We went from Picasso Coyote to minor league knock off. Now this, its not exactly a compromise.

Pittsburgh - Grade - C: I thought last years were ok. These are lumped with Ottawa. It's flawed by the jersey design. Nothing against the team or logo. Just thought they would spend more time on the jersey that may be one of the more featured NHL clubs of the future, thats all....

San Jose - Grade - C+: I LOVE the new logos. It's a shame they used a basic stripe pattern for the new jerseys. They have a modern designed logo on old school template. it's not going to work.

Vancouver - Grade - F: Sorry Canucks. Maybe next go around? The colors are ok. The font and style is a mess.

I'm sure i'll get criticism, but post what you think. My views are from a fans perspective on the league as a whole. I tried to weigh the pros and cons of the teams and kept my hometown team choice aside. I wanted to be as fair as possible and had nothing to do with rivals or previous comments. I'd like to see what you think... What could be improved? Or ideas for third jerseys?

I wish Atlanta would have used the baby blue color jersey with the Away jersey design. I dont know if the "T" Thrasher logo would look better than the bird/stick but I do know that the one sleeve design has to go. Its almost bad as a gradient

This is some of the most flawed analysis I have ever seen. EVER.

The Rangers have only had "New York" on the front of their jerseys once, it was after 9/11. Other than that it's been "Rangers" for as long as I've been alive.

Florida gets an A? You like the Flyers but the Pens are bad? What's the difference? Sure, it's a different template, but it's still just a basic template with little uniqueness to it.

My criticism might have started with "Who are you?"

Archived