2007-2008 NHL Logos & Uniforms

BBM

Looks pretty good, but I'm sorry, I just don't like the orange.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
capnSHA5.jpg

From seeing the game shots of these, I really thought they were going to suck but these are actually one of the best jerseys that have come out of thie Edge-abortion. *clap clap*

One of the best things to come out of the Edgemania. Everything blends in so well together. Even with the removal of silver, they still kinda went back to their roots with a look similar to their original jersey. The numbers on the front don't bother me that much. Too subtle to complain.

Typical. The Sharks are basically recolored Bruins jerseys, and everyone seems to be nuts for them. What they had last year was far superior than this. At least the old set was unique. This? Boring.

Once we all get over the %$#%$%^ :cursing: "templating" we have to agree that the Sharks is worth considering as one of the top 3 unis this year.

Had they release it first, would you pan the Bruins for copying the Sharks?

I think that the new logo redeems the use of template. (as much as it's possible to do so...)

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

Typical. The Sharks are basically recolored Bruins jerseys, and everyone seems to be nuts for them. What they had last year was far superior than this. At least the old set was unique. This? Boring.

I tend to agree.

I really don't care that they copied the Bruins (and they didn't quite). Maybe it's a double standard, but horizontal stripes are so standard that it doesn't appear to be templating.

That said, and the part I do agree with, is that I just don't like these uniforms. Like the Stars, they aren't ugly, they just don't quite do it. I thought I'd like the orange, but I don't think it blends well. And I don't think the updated logo works so well with this style.

Maybe if you replaced all the orange with silver, but even then just maybe.

They upgraded their logo, but their uniforms are a downgrade IMO. It's not that what they unvieled is that bad, but they had a really great design, and this just pales in comparison to it.

Middle of the road design IMO. Maybe even top 10. But if they'd kept what they had (at least uni wise) they'd be higher.

It's possible that Sharks fan are in disdain with the new look, mostly because of the replacement of silver with orange. There's also alot of "ewww, modern logo, old school jersey, ewwwwww yucky!"

On the second hand, you have non-Shark fans like myself praising the team's management for creating a look that's traditional or in other words "The way a hockey jersey should be".

I believe in fact all teams from California should consider themselves lucky, because for others it may take a long time to get used of this piping, these vertical stripes, and the removal of hemline stripes. That's if the fans of those teams ever reach that day.

capnSHA5.jpg

From seeing the game shots of these, I really thought they were going to suck but these are actually one of the best jerseys that have come out of thie Edge-abortion. *clap clap*

I have to agree. These do look better in real life as opposed to the video game shots. My opinion of those v neck collars has not changed however. I still believe they are too :censored: even for Toronto.

I'm still not sold on the new logo either but that's another debate. I don't think it works as a sports logo. It's too cartoonish. Not bold enough.

DEATH TO REEBOK

Once we all get over the %$#%$%^ :cursing: "templating" we have to agree that the Sharks is worth considering as one of the top 3 unis this year.

Had they release it first, would you pan the Bruins for copying the Sharks?

I think that the new logo redeems the use of template. (as much as it's possible to do so...)

I'm not saying that this uniform set is inherently bad. I'm just saying that the basic design is just that -- incredibly basic. It's far worse than the uniform set it replaced and it seems like the only redeeming factor is that it's "traditional." Really, what do people like here? Horizontal stripes? Orange? I guess I can see that. But can anyone with a straight face say it's better than what they wore last year? To me, that's an immediate downgrade.

The thing is, I'm mostly a traditionalist when it comes to sport uniform design. I like the Detroit Tigers, the NY Giants, and the Boston Celtics. However, I think evolution in uniform design is good too. It's why I think the Islanders and Predators did so well with the upgrades. They look different than they used to, and did so by upgrading. But this? The Sharks? What did they do other than copy a standard look that was tired 20 years ago?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

capnSHA5.jpg

I have to agree. These do look better in real life as opposed to the video game shots. My opinion of those v neck collars has not changed however. I still believe they are too :censored: even for Toronto.

I'm still not sold on the new logo either but that's another debate. I don't think it works as a sports logo. It's too cartoonish. Not bold enough.

Holy :censored::puke:

1399129948_8be9f06183_o.jpg

Took the liberty of changing the orange to the silver/grey that many people have been clamoring for.

You know, I can't decide what I like better now. This is *awfully* monochromatic.

This looks great, although I'd be interested to see the white stripe and silver stripe reversed on the teal jersey. Or maybe switch the black and silver instead (like on their original uniforms).

You up for it?

capnSHA5.jpg

... What?

CCSLC Check List for liking a jersey:

1) No piping - Check

2) Hem stripe - Check

3) Huge triple stripe on elbows - Check

4) Shoulders different color than chest - Check

5) 2007 style logo on 1908 styled sweater - Check

6) Reuse of the one logo on chest and shoulders - Check

7) Nothing interesting happening - Check

These look terrible. There is one BIG problem... the new logo on a 78 year old template. I just doesn't fit. Throws is all off.

Pick an era and stay in it! Be traditional or contemporary. You can't be both.

MonitorLightningCCSLC.pngMonitorUSFCCSLC.pngMonitorBuccaneersCCSLC.pngMonitorRaysCCSLC.pngMonitorCarlEdwardsCCSLC.png

Two muffins are in an oven when one says to the other, "Man, it's hot in here." The other says, "Holy crap, a talking muffin!!"

This looks great, although I'd be interested to see the white stripe and silver stripe reversed on the teal jersey. Or maybe switch the black and silver instead (like on their original uniforms).

You up for it?

Here you go.. Not the best job, but it's enough to show the change. I didn't like the white stripe and silver stripe reversed much at all, so I scrapped it. Someone else can try that one if they like.

1399186392_6049815ac2_o.jpg

Sharks new threads officially unveiled here:

http://sharks.nhl.com/team/app/?service=pa...;galleryId=2427

Hmm... Are the Sharks the only team where the Rbk Vector logo isn't placed so that the main color of the jersey isn't the background. All of the other ones with shoulder coloring seem to have a space "cut out" for the Rbk Vector.

The new logo is too cartoonish?!?!?! The old one to me looks a lot more "cartoony" than the new one.

JMC105091622_lower.jpg

CODZ101091213_lower.jpg

joeymosscup-front2.jpg

Wow, the northwest division is a train wreck as far as uniforms go, only minny looks decent and vancouver is okay minus the wordmark/logo. The only good thing for me is that the flames look comparatively better than the oilers, but I seriously hope management sees how stupid those socks look and change them to match the sleeves (The white stripe on the sock is way too heavy and they just look terrible).

I was at the game last night and thought that the panthers uniforms looked alright on the ice, much better than I thought they would.

Hmm, I don't like these new Sharks jerseys that much. Maybe it's the orange, or the amount of black in there..

These would've been much better, imo:

fakesharksaway.jpg

fakesharkshome.jpg

(thanks to whoever did this concept)

It matches the sharks really well.

Also look at the ducks jerseys: http://nhllogos.blogspot.com/2007/09/ducks-stripes-stop.html

The logo is smaller and the striping stops.

espnsignq8.png

Hmm, I don't like these new Sharks jerseys that much. Maybe it's the orange, or the amount of black in there..

Also look at the ducks jerseys: http://nhllogos.blogspot.com/2007/09/ducks-stripes-stop.html

The logo is smaller and the striping stops.

Isn't it weird and sorta stupid that teams are making their logos bigger while a wordmark (that's already smaller than other logos to begin with) had to be even more reduced? Oh well, just gotta get used to it.

For the stripes, my biggest fear was that the white would go all the way down to the side of the waist...leaving the team with a awkward jersey like the Manchester Monarchs...to basically tell the fans to stick it!

Fortunately, that was not the case.

1399129948_8be9f06183_o.jpg

Took the liberty of changing the orange to the silver/grey that many people have been clamoring for.

You know, I can't decide what I like better now. This is *awfully* monochromatic.

Much better than what they have now....the orange caught the eye, but it took away from/clashed terribly with the rest of the jersey. The silver blends in quite nicely. :D

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived