2007-2008 NHL Logos & Uniforms

BBM

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I went down to the arena today to watch practice, and got a look at the sabres edge jersey. Obviously it's not a lot different, but they modified the slug on the away jersey, it has a solid blue outline instead of blue and silver, it looks much better on the away jersey now. That's not saying much of course, but it's an improvement. Also, since the jerseys are a different cut, the logo looks larger, another slight improvement.

A larger slug is an improvement?

Let's hope to god Rbk doesn't "Edge" the NFL, I might be done with pro sports all together then.

They already have. Football jerseys are now constructed in the same way these new uniforms are constructed and that's why you have stuff like the Colts and Jets stripes stopping at the shoulder. Most of the new NFL jerseys are similar in design in regards to the traditional football uniform as the edge jerseys are with the new ones highlighting the cut and panels. The only difference is that they didn't publicize it, give it a fancy name, and make a it big deal with a lot teams getting new designs at once.

Well, I've been away so I missed a bunch of unveilings. Can't say I care for any of the new designs that have been unveiled, except for the Sharks. So many of these new jerseys look far too much like practice jerseys. The Oilers jersey is atrocious, especially having seen it in action in highlights on TSN last night. I expect the Leafs and Stars will look equally bad in action.

Apparently these new jersey's tear easily in fights. From the blog of Devils beat writer Tom Gulitti.
Enforcer Cam Janssen might have injured his shoulder tonight because of the league?s new Reebok Edge sweaters. His sweater ripped during his two first period fights with Philadelphia?s Jesse Boulerice. That might have helped Boulerice pull Janssen?s jersey over his head in both altercations and win both decisively. Arron Asham also had his sweater tear during his fight with Riley Cote.

"These new jerseys are supposed to make you faster, but what good are they if they tear that easily,? Mike Rupp said.

http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?sh...&start=4740

Although I can't say I'm saddened by the loss of Janssen in the Devils lineup.

The weird thing is is that the jerseys are said to be more durable compared to the old ones and able to withstand the wear and tear of the season longer. Maybe it was just a fluke incident, but I guess we'll see as the pre-season and then the season drag on.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

They had some good ideas, but they assigned them to the wrong teams.

I didn't know RBK assigned templates to teams.

Have you been under a rock or just not cared enough to read the previous 240 pages of this thread?

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

They had some good ideas, but they assigned them to the wrong teams.

I didn't know RBK assigned templates to teams.

Have you been under a rock or just not cared enough to read the previous 240 pages of this thread?

Apparently you haven't either.

Reebok provided a bunch of Templates to *every* team. It was then up to each team to decide which template they went with, and how best to use their design and colors with those templates.

Reebok *assigned* a team nothing.

Yeah, not bad.

That teal looks really light to me - thought it would be much darker.

It looks really weird to me as well...the fabric color they're using is MUCH more Blue than the color used in print...and it's much lighter.

I don't get it.

Yeah, not bad.

It looks really weird to me as well...the fabric color they're using is MUCH more Blue than the color used in print...and it's much lighter.

I don't get it.

Their messing with you Pantone. Their just trying to screw you up. Don't give in to them and their madness!

Question of the day: How long would this thread be had it not been split into two?

Yeah, not bad.

I don't get it.

Their messing with you Pantone. Their just trying to screw you up. Don't give in to them and their madness!

Question of the day: How long would this thread be had it not been split into two?

Assuming most people have it set at 20 replies/page....over 430. (possibly sketchy math, though.

(since I have it at 25 per, only 345 pages for me)

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Just outta curiosity, if Buffalo had a better logo, meaning not the slug, how would you rate the jerseys?? Personally, I hate the slug, not the jerseys. I actually like the design of them. I personally think that without the slug they'd be in the top half of the league based on jersey not logo design.

Damn, those sharks jerseys are pretty damn nice, if only all the orange was converted to silver/grey they'd be perfection personified!!!

shamrockles.png

shamrocklescronological.png

"I hate the piping on these new crappy jerseys!!! What the hell were they thinking?!?!? Where're the hemlines? This sucks!!!"

*Sharks unveil hem-lined, non-piping jerseys*

"WHAT THE F***?!?!?!? A modern logo on a traditional sweater? BULL****!!!! This sucks!!!"

or...

"God, I wish the Blackhawks/Canadiens/Red Wings/etc. had tie-necks on their jerseys. This sucks!!!"

*Wild unveil home jersey with tie neck*

"WHAT THE F***?!?!?!? A new team with a traditional neckline? BULL****!!!! This sucks!!!"

or even...

"These new jerseys are WAY too busy. I hate them with a passion. Simplify, you idiots! This sucks!!!"

*Maple Leafs/Stars unveil clean, simple designs*

"WHAT THE F***?!?!?!? I'm never watching hockey again! BULL****!!!! This sucks!!!"

I believe I have made my point. :cursing:

To be fair, I think you can argue everyone is being equally critical of the supposed good designs.

Just like with the hatred for the piping templates, even an old-school template with a poor execution is going to catch some flak.

Yes the Leafs/Stars unveiled clean simple designs, but too much so. Especially talking about Toronto. Compared to what Detroit, New Jersey, Rangers, etc did.

If the Leafs, Stars, Coyotes, etc had been able to keep the waist stripes on the waists, I bet the complaints for them would drop by a big margin.

Same goes for San Jose. Yes they released a jersey with a classic, generally accepted template. However the execution leaves a lot to be desired from some.

Archived