2007-2008 NHL Logos & Uniforms

BBM

The Flyers jerseys look like they were wearing a white or orange T-shirt over a black sweater and someone pulled the bottom of the shirt up over the back of their heads.

Also, on tv (Standard Def) you cant see the orange stripe on the jersey, so at the top it just looks like its black and white.

The sleeves look bad imo, the white part of the sleeves end too soon.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Flyers jerseys look like they were wearing a white or orange T-shirt over a black sweater and someone pulled the bottom of the shirt up over the back of their heads.

Also, on tv (Standard Def) you cant see the orange stripe on the jersey, so at the top it just looks like its black and white.

The sleeves look bad imo, teh white part of the sleeves end too soon.

It's not a big of a deal as other teams, but I agree that an inch less or an inch more of a stripe can make a big difference. If the white was reduced just a little bit, it would look much nicer.

I love tho how CN8 (Comcast Network) here in philly, is just airing the feed from the roger'd channel from canads for the flyers vs seantors

Wow, that's pretty cool. I missed the game, but I'm watching the Sens post-game now. Seems like a really low-budget show, which surprises me.

ON topic, I'm not as high on the Flyers jerseys now as I originally was. I think I dislike the whites more than the blacks, which is pretty much the opposite of my original feeling. At a risk of sounding repetitive, the sleeve accents (black and orange on the black, black and white on the white) go up too damn high. Lower them (and shrink the middle-blob) and they'd look a ton better.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I love tho how CN8 (Comcast Network) here in philly, is just airing the feed from the roger'd channel from canads for the flyers vs seantors

Wow, that's pretty cool. I missed the game, but I'm watching the Sens post-game now. Seems like a really low-budget show, which surprises me.

ON topic, I'm not as high on the Flyers jerseys now as I originally was. I think I dislike the whites more than the blacks, which is pretty much the opposite of my original feeling. At a risk of sounding repetitive, the sleeve accents (black and orange on the black, black and white on the white) go up too damn high. Lower them (and shrink the middle-blob) and they'd look a ton better.

Exactly my feelings.

I don't like the sharks, but i'm buying that ROenick jersey...back to #27...i think i have a tear rolling down my cheek.

Are the Sharks one of those teams that don't go over certain numbers like the Devils, and the Sens at one point?

JR is #27. When he was a hawk he wore the number, but when he bounced around from team to team he wore #97 and i hated that, i'm glad he's back to playing as #27.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

Watching the Oilers and Leafs highlights, the Oilers jerseys SUCK HARD!!!! There is no color or visible striping whatsoever except for on the elbows and ONLY when seen from behind. The piping on the front is barely noticeable. Its as if they are wearing completely blank practise jerseys.

The Leafs jerseys also suck, but the blue jerseys blend with the uniform, so it doesn't suck as hard. Their white jerseys are going to suck, but not as badly as the Oilers white jerseys.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Just as I suspected, the Thrashers are using new colors for their lettering on the back. Instead of the white letters with the yellow outline that they used on their previous sweaters, the new-style road whites are using navy-blue letters with a yellow outline. They look.....very strange.

thrasherroadmx3.jpg

Watching the Oilers and Leafs highlights, the Oilers jerseys SUCK HARD!!!! There is no color or visible striping whatsoever except for on the elbows and ONLY when seen from behind. The piping on the front is barely noticeable. Its as if they are wearing completely blank practise jerseys.

The Leafs jerseys also suck, but the blue jerseys blend with the uniform, so it doesn't suck as hard. Their white jerseys are going to suck, but not as badly as the Oilers white jerseys.

Agreed, I thought they look decent in close up pics but not on TV though because of the reasons you mentionned.

Yeah, not bad.

That teal looks really light to me - thought it would be much darker.

It looks really weird to me as well...the fabric color they're using is MUCH more Blue than the color used in print...and it's much lighter.

I don't get it.

Maybe something with this photo set? They appear lighter than ever in these photos, which doesn't match the colors of their logos or the pictures we've seen of the new sweaters.

Yeah, not bad.

That teal looks really light to me - thought it would be much darker.

It looks really weird to me as well...the fabric color they're using is MUCH more Blue than the color used in print...and it's much lighter.

I don't get it.

Maybe something with this photo set? They appear lighter than ever in these photos, which doesn't match the colors of their logos or the pictures we've seen of the new sweaters.

Every Sharks jersey design has shown signs of this. The Teal changes under different lighting, flash, white balances, etc. I have an original '91 jersey, and under different lights it can look like a deep blue teal, a green-y sea teal, and a washed out baby-blue like teal. The second generation jerseys were a little better, but they'd range from a deep royal-blue teal to a light baby-blue teal under different lighting. These ones tend to stay more greenish in most lights, but again can range from that deep greeny-teal to a very light almost baby-blue teal.

Archived