2007-2008 NHL Logos & Uniforms

BBM

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just got an NHL catalog in the mail today with pics of all 30 new RBK Edge jerseys.

I find most of them to be nothing special, but not terrible either. In fact a lot of them look more or less just like the old jerseys.

Specific team comments:

Thrashers: The white jersey looks nice, but I'm just not feelin' the sky blue one.

Sabres: The classic crossed-swords logo would have looked just fine on this design. Then again, they could have slapped the classic crossed-swords logo on just a plain blue sweater and it would still look loads better than any jersey with that... that... thing on it.

Flames: I wish they would have taken the opportunity to redo the home logo. A black C with black flames?!? That's the NHL's equivalent of the Jacksonville Jaguars' teal tongue.

Avalanche: Unlike the Thrashers, the Avs' home jerseys should have been sky blue. Oh, and lose the piping too.

Blue Jackets: They ditched the second-ugliest primary logo in the league and replaced it with what had been the best secondary. That alone makes it an upgrade.

Panthers: Would have been one of the best new jerseys if not for the god-awful piping on the front.

Predators: See Panthers above. Well, see the bit about the piping, anyway.

Flyers: Not bad, but I still miss the old orange jerseys.

Sharks: They ditched their new-millennium design for a more traditional look, but with orange accents this time. I like it.

Canucks: Retro design would have looked better with just a wordmark, or even just block lettering like the Rangers or Stars, than with the orca.

Capitals: Not a terribly exciting design, but it goes well with the neo-retro wordmark.

CCSLC signature.png

I love how people are still grading them like anyone give's a rat's brown eye. Seriously, have you all seen these jerseys in action? Other than the teams that have a colour change, i barely notice them at all and when i do..they look good in action. On a hanger a lot of :censored: looks bad. The Caps jerseys are very nice, they look clean and i love how the socks are, blue up high then white/red/blue on the bottom.

About Ovechkin, he lets the tongue stick out too much for his skate, that just looks horrible as well as his pant strings...it was never cool when idiots on my midget AAA team used to do it when i was a kid, it still wasn't in our rec league and it isn't in the NHL either. Kind of wonder what happened to his reflector visor though, it seems as though he has a gray or dark blue shade on it.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

It's just a year of these jerseys, if teams like them, they'll keep them...if they care about it and want to keep the rbk edge jerseys, they'll modify the piping and get rid of it.

As far as the on ice pics go, from the ones i've seen. I really like the Tampa jerseys, maybe it's the pant lightning on the sides that just makes it look soo sharp.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

Looking back on the new uniforms, a lot of these had turned out better than I had originally thought. Chicago, Boston, Montreal, Phoenix, New Jersey, Toronto, Rangers, Red Wings, Sharks, and Thrashers roads. And of course Anaheim looks essentially the same as last season.

Kind of wonder what happened to his reflector visor though, it seems as though he has a gray or dark blue shade on it.

The NHL banned reflective visors before last season. With them defenders and a goaltenders can't see the player with the visors eyes and it presents too much of a competitive advantage. It's the same reason why the NFL bans them as well.

Those sharks unis look a lot better on the ice than I thought they would. I figured they would look like crap. I'm hoping the case is the same for the Avs. The Avs piping ruins that jersey, IMO.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

capt.cbb84e51c8bc4c5c8b001937f303f1df.thrashers_predators_hockey_tnmh106.jpg

Wow these two uni's look even worse in game action. I really hate how they put the A over the piping, but really were else could they have put it. At least both teams sox look sharp.

I did however really like how the Sharks uni looked on Jumbo Joe, very sharp.

Yeah, that's what I was made to understand. However, as there have been no images with arched text I was wondering whether or not this had been confirmed for the regular season. I can only assume they wouldn't get rid of it, however....

Thanks though, I will go on the premise that all is as was.

When the Wings first released their new jerseys, they showed arched lettering on the back.

http://my.detroithockey.net/misconduct/200...wingsnewjer.php

Additionally, during the broadcast of last night's game the FSN guys mentioned that they'd be going back to their usual lettering for the regular season.

NHLin0708.jpg

I'm gonna try something here. I am going to fix as much of the new NHL as I can, in only 10 steps. The only rule I have for myself is that I have to work within the templates that Reebok made (in other words, I have to work within what already exists). Here is what I would do:

1. Edmonton and San Jose swap templates. Although it would be a bit of a downgrade for the Sharks, it has already been shown in this thread that they can look pretty good with the Florida/Edmonton template. This is a MAJOR upgrade for Edmonton. They end up looking a lot like they looked during their Stanley Cup years.

2. The VANCOUVER wordmark is removed from the Canucks jerseys.

3. Minnesota uses their home template (red jersey) for both of their jerseys. Their away jersey is cream-colored, rather than white.

4. Dallas uses their logo on both jerseys. The DALLAS wordmark and front numbers are gone from the home.

5. Nashville uses the same logo on both jerseys (the one without the triangle and wordmark).

6. The t-shirt sleeves are removed from Nashville's home jerseys. They sleeves are now all blue. Since they already have the same logo on both jerseys (step 5), they now have a very nice uniform set.

7. The Leafs get waist stripes.

8. So does Dallas.

9. Atlanta uses their home template for both home and away jerseys. As much as I dislike the one-sleeve design, I hate the discrepancy between their jerseys more. On their away jerseys, the sleeve stripe would be colored light blue. They would finally have a unique and consistent look.

10. Calgary's jerseys are swapped with ANY OTHER TEMPLATE. (I would even accept Buffalo.)

Archived