2007-2008 NHL Logos & Uniforms

BBM

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, that's what I was made to understand. However, as there have been no images with arched text I was wondering whether or not this had been confirmed for the regular season. I can only assume they wouldn't get rid of it, however....

Thanks though, I will go on the premise that all is as was.

When the Wings first released their new jerseys, they showed arched lettering on the back.

http://my.detroithockey.net/misconduct/200...wingsnewjer.php

Additionally, during the broadcast of last night's game the FSN guys mentioned that they'd be going back to their usual lettering for the regular season.

The Wings never use their traditional arched lettering w/o nameplates during the preseason. For some reason they always use a more traditional straight line lettering during preseason & then switch to their arched lettering for the reg. season.

The Wings do this because strait lettering is easier to put on and take off of the jersey. It makes it easier for them to take a player's name off the back of the jersey if he doesn't make the team.

I had a feeling that that was the reason why they do this during the preseason.

The Bruins looking good in action, especially in black. I don't care for the new font on the nameplate, especially when it is double outlined. Also, I think the numbers are too thin and they would have been better off using the bold varsity block style they had on last year's vintage 3rd jerseys.

9899932f-1d89-4195-a560-cc3318799a0f.jpg

d34a5630-2c06-4eae-ac1f-b844edd3ef8e.jpg

f56ffac2-a07d-4929-b261-6a5a6aad74c5.jpg

capt.52f0946801864f1e9157eeedec77284d.bruins_islanders_hockey_sjsx103.jpg

capt.763c7a6581a94b2485380eabc6dd270d.bruins_islanders_hockey_sjsx102.jpg

With everyone, including myself complaining about the Stars having just DALLAS on their sweaters (are they still considered "sweaters"?) what does everyone think of this?

pitt2.jpg

Isn't it the same difference?

That was their road sweater.

I know it was their road sweater. I'm talking about the complaints that there is no logo on the front of the jersey, just a wordmark.

the knicks have new york on both their home and roads, is that ok?

mavericks says DALLAS on home and road, too.

Combining these two comments to answer the same question...almost. The new Dallas jersey's design is more like what you would see on a Basketball jersey than on a hockey sweater.Basketball, you have the wordmark and the number on the front, very large so they are visible. In hockey, they have done diagonal names in the past, and there are many clubs that have taken that look for present throwback designs (check out the OHL, 3 teams adopted the design for alternates last season)

The Dallas sweater is almost a cross-over design, and with the Vancouver debacle, putting the name on the front in this fashion is very extreme to many hockey fans.

It is better than Mooterus however

The Stars logo itself has DALLAS on it. Therefore DALLAS has technically always been on the home sweaters. The Wild home set has MINNESOTA WILD on the front. The Kings have LOS ANGELES on the bottom of their home set. I understand it will take some getting used to but just having DALLAS on the front is a design that has been done before.

As for the sweaters being black (for those of you complaining about the move from green) Brenden Morrow is on record as saying the players wanted to go back to black. It's more intimidating.

usa-sm.giffinland-sm.gifstars1-sm.gifdall1-sm.gif

The Stars logo itself has DALLAS on it. Therefore DALLAS has technically always been on the home sweaters. The Wild home set has MINNESOTA WILD on the front. The Kings have LOS ANGELES on the bottom of their home set. I understand it will take some getting used to but just having DALLAS on the front is a design that has been done before.

What's your point? DALLAS isn't "technically" featured on the home jerseys now. It's the only damn thing on the sweater. And you know what? It looks ridiculous. Forget that the home location was "technically" on other jerseys. And even then -- were they THE featured element? No. The Kings had a crest plus the location. Minnesota had Wild, plus the bear. The Stars home jerseys look like the Dallas Dallases. It's looks stupid and not like an NHL hockey jersey. You're more than allowed to think it looks good, but you're in the minority here.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I'm curious what your opinion of the old Pittsburgh jerseys are. What about the Avs previous 3rd jersey? In most people's opinions I've seen these are wonderful jerseys but Dallas comes out with only a wordmark and it looks stupid? I do agree that the basic look without the number doesn't look good but the DALLAS with the number really doesn't look that bad IMO.

usa-sm.giffinland-sm.gifstars1-sm.gifdall1-sm.gif

capnRAN2.jpg

NHL.com FINALLY has the ****ing Rangers jerseys. I don't know why the hell all 28 ****ing teams have the same preview and then the Rangers and Redwings have some weird zoomable image. **** them both!

After watching both of the Rangers' preseason games, their new home jersey doesn't look exactly like the ones in those photos. It's very unfortunately. Why? Because they wore those that had the "RANGERS" still off center to the right as seen in the original leaked photos. During the first intermission of last night's game, Al Trautwig brought up the jerseys and commented on them himself, including his disapproval for the "RANGERS" off center and the excess white on the bottom of the jersey.

Maybe by some miracle the correction on the "RANGERS" across the front will be fixed in time for opening night. I say this after looking at the photos you provided above, the "RANGERS" looks normal as it was last season.

NHL.com FINALLY has the ****ing Rangers jerseys. I don't know why the hell all 28 ****ing teams have the same preview and then the Rangers and Redwings have some weird zoomable image. **** them both!

After watching both of the Rangers' preseason games, their new home jersey doesn't look exactly like the ones in those photos. It's very unfortunately. Why? Because they wore those that had the "RANGERS" still off center to the right as seen in the original leaked photos. During the first intermission of last night's game, Al Trautwig brought up the jerseys and commented on them himself, including his disapproval for the "RANGERS" off center and the excess white on the bottom of the jersey.

Maybe by some miracle the correction on the "RANGERS" across the front will be fixed in time for opening night. I say this after looking at the photos you provided above, the "RANGERS" looks normal as it was last season.

I think the "RANGERS" is centered in the picture above is because that is a replica jersey. The reason it is off center is because they can't stitch across the new fabrics on the authentic jerseys. The replica jerseys, on the other hand, are not made out of the same fabrics so they can the "RANGERS" centered on the front of the jersey.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

*I don't get the overall hate for a city name wordmark on a home jersey. I highly doubt its intended as an informative label, but more as an expression of pride in the city. The specific execution in some cases is bad, but I don't think the concept itself is as terrible as people are making out.

*That article from the Penguins was very interesting.

fullj.getty-76920932em003_los_angeles_k.jpg

Sakic could wear a used garbage bag and make it look good.

If the league's going to insist on sticking with these Edge jerseys, I think they should reconsider the location of the C and A designations. There are too many jerseys - this one chief among them - for which the placement is a problem. Sacrilegious as this is, I think the lower left (looking at the jersey front-on) would be the least problematic place.

If the league is going to stick with the uniforms they better change the stupid cut at the bottom. It looks totally ridiculous on the players and I don't care what anyone says: there is no performance benefit to the jerseys being cut like that. It is purely a Reebok gimmick to make their uniform stand out against the old ones.

plekanec_61200.jpg

DEATH TO REEBOK

fullj.getty-76920932em003_los_angeles_k.jpg

Sakic could wear a used garbage bag and make it look good.

If the league's going to insist on sticking with these Edge jerseys, I think they should reconsider the location of the C and A designations. There are too many jerseys - this one chief among them - for which the placement is a problem. Sacrilegious as this is, I think the lower left (looking at the jersey front-on) would be the least problematic place.

the "designers" of these unis should have their artistic licenses revoked for moving forward with what they clearly should have known when

putting all piping monstrosoties together...you need room for C , A and commemorative patches. When designing a garment, especially one as complex as these, everything has to be taken into consideration. I would loved to have been there when they thought having these captaincy designations

going over piping would look fine. Yet on the other hand, didn't want it going in the same place on the Red Wings unis. I don't buy the line that

it couldn't be sewn over the seam or onto the other fabric, hogwash. The're tacking it over 1/2" taping on these. In my opinion, it reeks of last minute "oops, we forgot about something".

Sloppy, poorly thought out and horribly executed overall. Not good problem solving, now teams and Rbk will be spending the coming years

going back and correcting these things.

What's this, people are still jealous that an influential now 20yr old Crosby still has pull to get things done? RBK's edge jersey wasn't his doing but he promoted it because you know, those contract thingies that are binding..yeah, bingo.

If the jerseys are ripping easily or getting wet (equipt), RBK has to go back to the drawing board. I agree with what Recchi says, if you've played ice hockey, this will resonate loudly to you. The thing i hated most was when my skates would get soaked by idiots and their water bottles squirting everywhere and that was usually by accident that your skates would get drenched. When that happens, you get some weird rubbing with your sock to your feet getting blisters and that kills.

RBK really didn't think this through, you are basically wearing the type of clothes a boxer or MMA fighter wears in a sauna to keep the moisture from soaking into the clothes and instead, just piling up underneath. Sitting in a pool of your own sweat.

The feel of the jerseys everyone seems to love, the fact that it's lighter and it stretches...but that water problem with perspiration is going to be a big issue by the allstar break.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

What's up with the Sabres' Road logos this year? On the replica, the logo (slug) is outlined in silver and the "B" logo is blue, but on the authentic, the slug has a very thick blue outline without any silver while the "B" logo is gold. Anyone else notice this? Pics from NHL.com Shop.

p3536133reg.jpg vs p3534971reg.jpg

Then during the game, the logo does not have the silver border, but the "B" logo is blue.

fullj.getty-76889017rs008_columbus_blue.jpg

See all of my concepts at: Designed by DRutka

main%20555.gif

4inarow.gif

Archived