2007-2008 NHL Logos & Uniforms

BBM

Bottom line - You can't judge a jersey by a photo. You must see it in action on the ice to truly know how it is going to look.

That is a good point, ands based on watching the Leafs-Bruins game this weekend I have to say that the Bruins Jersey has been downgrading in my (unpublished) rating.

Those shoulders come way too low. both in front and back...

I like yellow, but this is just a little too different to the Vintage it mimmicks.

Sorry!

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know it's easy for me to say NOW, but as someone who sweats buckets through a game (mainly because I'm grossly out of shape...) I saw that one coming.

Repelling is not that great a feature, I prefer soaking, and just switch jerseys after each period...

Fabric dries much faster than leather and/or foam, and does not produce the trademark: Hockey Bag Smell... :wacko:

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

I know it's easy for me to say NOW, but as someone who sweats buckets through a game (mainly because I'm grossly out of shape...) I saw that one coming.

Repelling is not that great a feature, I prefer soaking, and just switch jerseys after each period...

Fabric dries much faster than leather and/or foam, and does not produce the trademark: Hockey Bag Smell... :wacko:

After the All-Star game, the same remarks were made about the moisture collecting in the gloves and skates. Looks like nothing was fixed since then...

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Ah, so basically these uniforms are worthless. :rolleyes:

sorta like when Pinky the car sales man(name the movie reference) sells you a lemon and tells you it the same value as a mercedes benz.

this just proves that the heads of the NHL couldn't even run little suzies lemonade stand on the end of the block. this ain't going to last long. Their going the way of fisherman and the blues 96 alt.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

After the All-Star game, the same remarks were made about the moisture collecting in the gloves and skates. Looks like nothing was fixed since then...

Just a though/idea. Why don't they just put moisture replant on the front and and back of the jerseys, and take it off the arms. Wouldn't that help from all the moisture going in the gloves ?

Unless its already been done, then I'm lost for words lol.

4kv29i.jpg

Can someone identify the creative crew at Reebok who came up with these? Seriously, I'd like to hear the thought process behind all of the piping and stripes. I hate that they hide behind their brand and don't address any of what they've created.

Bring back the Whale!

What's up with the Sabres' Road logos this year? On the replica, the logo (slug) is outlined in silver and the "B" logo is blue, but on the authentic, the slug has a very thick blue outline without any silver while the "B" logo is gold. Anyone else notice this? Pics from NHL.com Shop.

p3536133reg.jpg vs p3534971reg.jpg

Then during the game, the logo does not have the silver border, but the "B" logo is blue.

fullj.getty-76889017rs008_columbus_blue.jpg

You have a real good eye. I don't think I would of ever noticed that. I don't know why they removed the silver, it's in the official primary logo. I do prefer the yellow B though.

What's up with the Sabres' Road logos this year? On the replica, the logo (slug) is outlined in silver and the "B" logo is blue, but on the authentic, the slug has a very thick blue outline without any silver while the "B" logo is gold. Anyone else notice this? Pics from NHL.com Shop.

Then during the game, the logo does not have the silver border, but the "B" logo is blue.

You have a real good eye. I don't think I would of ever noticed that. I don't know why they removed the silver, it's in the official primary logo. I do prefer the yellow B though.

I think its just lazy photoshopping.

Exactly like the blackhawks!!

donm.gif

Gordon-Tech-Rams.png

I remember when i played minor hockey way back when and we had 3 tournaments in 1 freakin day, we couldn't wash our jerseys and we'd have to let it air dry but by the 3rd game we were sweating like a fat guy in the middle of summer. The thing that RBK forgot is that when you are skating around and your jersey gets wet, the water just drains out and starts to dry the fabric out.

Rbk needs to make some parts of the jersey absorbent, like under the arm, from the bottom of the jersey all the way up under the arm to the wrist and then make the sides absorbent as well, so the only parts that stay dry are the crest part and the numbers on the back which is what you would want dry if you were to make a huge diff on the jerseys.

I hope rbk fixes it, as for the material being lighter and stretchy and fitting proper for fans, i love it. I just wish they didn't make the designs a little weirder.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

1 month on (or whatever it is) and I still dont like the Nucks jersey.

It looks too cartoony and unbalanced. The wordmark makes the whole jersey look top-heavy and add that to the shoulder patches (which look like they are a drawn by a primary school kid) the jersey is way too cluttered.

Take away the shoulder patches alltogether and it might work better, but I would still prefer it if the wordmark was not there at all.

And also, I would have liked the shoulder patches to have black centres so as to match up with the colour of the Orca on the front. At least that would make the orca look less out of place and give it something to tie in with. If you're going to have black in your logo as a main colour, you need to have it somewhere else on the jersey, and I think having it in the shoulder patches could have worked quite well.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

So, at last Saturday's Thrashers preseason game, I noticed that the replica jerseys are actually designed differently from the authentics (they had both on sale at the team store). The authentic home jersey's arm design tapers toward the bottom of the sleeve, and the ATLANTA is bunched up towards the shoulder. On the replicas, the arm doesn't taper and the ATLANTA runs all the way down the sleeve. The replicas actually looked MUCH nicer than the authentics. Very weird.

Archived