2007-2008 NHL Logos & Uniforms

BBM

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
03.pens.jpg

The blue jerseys were great, every form of em. THe gold was still teh best, though. Now these new jerseys look bad hanging up, ok on players who are sationary...but in action they look....wait a minute....RUUTU is alternate captain now?

No he isn't. In games that Crosby and the A's are not playing the team still needs to have a certain amount of Assistant Captains on the ice no matter what, so Ruutu wore an A and Malkin wore an A as well.

Don't read too much into it.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

Much worse:

05.canucks.jpg

Come on, the Canucks new jersey's aren't that bad. They are in no way the worst in the NHL currently.

I meant those yellow monstrostities.

Why did you post a picture of the new jersey as well under the heading Much Worse then? :blink:

untitled-6.jpg

People don't appreciate things till later on, i own every canuck jersey in Canucks history yeah even the dorca bay one i bought to finish my collection of authentic jerseys i own of teams i like and teams jerseys i like.

I always buy duplicates of the authentic ones so i can wear them and when i wore the V jersey pictured beside Daniel Sedin, i got a ton of compliments from older Canucks fans as well as younger ones telling me that's a bad ass jersey and that it looks much better with things sewed on rather than ironed on like they did with that V jersey back then.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

Why did you post a picture of the new jersey as well under the heading Much Worse then? :blink:

Because, brainchild, it's one image.

http://i.cnn.net/si/multimedia/photo_galle.../05.canucks.jpg

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I always buy duplicates of the authentic ones so i can wear them and when i wore the V jersey pictured beside Daniel Sedin, i got a ton of compliments from older Canucks fans as well as younger ones telling me that's a bad ass jersey and that it looks much better with things sewed on rather than ironed on like they did with that V jersey back then.

I'll second that. I've got a Flying V Tiger Williams jersey, and with the orange "V" sewn in instead of being an iron-on job, and with tackle-twill name and numbers, it looks a lot sharper. I remember thinking when I got it that this was the rare case of a replica jersey looking better, and being of higher quality, than the on-ice authentic it was meant to represent.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The Bruins looking good in action, especially in black. I don't care for the new font on the nameplate, especially when it is double outlined. Also, I think the numbers are too thin and they would have been better off using the bold varsity block style they had on last year's vintage 3rd jerseys.

9899932f-1d89-4195-a560-cc3318799a0f.jpg

They would be much better off with two color names, or perhaps even just one, and probably even two color numbers like they used "back in the day" that the jersey style is based on.

Three color names just look too darn busy at that size and the addition of serifs doesn't help one bit.

In addition, I went to a Q&A session last night with Wez Walz and Brian Rolston of the Wild and someone asked them what they thought of the new jerseys.

Rolston's first and honest reaction was "We're probably not the right guys to ask about that.", clearly indicating they were not fans of the problems associated with the new jerseys, but then Rolston went onto say some nice, generic things about the new uni's in a way, trying not to get into trouble. He said lighter is better and that they have been wearing the same type of equipment "unchanged for the last 100 years", so he seemed happy that someone was looking at how to improve things, but reading between the lines you could clearly get that he and Wes weren't overly pleased with the outcome of the changes.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

People don't appreciate things till later on, i own every canuck jersey in Canucks history yeah even the dorca bay one i bought to finish my collection of authentic jerseys i own of teams i like and teams jerseys i like.

Completely agree - I also have every style of Canucks jersey, and the yellow 'V' is probably my favourite - it's just so outlandish, it's great!

I've always wanted to make a 'V' jersey in the vintage, and original orca colors (how weird does that sound?).

Yeah Sodboy, kind of sad isn't it? An NHL jersey with an iron on...how cheap were they back then? lol.

Very cheap, because the concern for merchandising wasn't there. In the late '70s, if you were buying merchandise with your team logo on it, you were buying a t-shirt or a cap. Meanwhile, Champion was making on-ice jerseys for minor-league teams, and at least one NHL franchise, the Colorado Rockies. And that meant screenprinted everything, including the front and shoulder crests, along with that legendary/infamous numeral font.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Yeah Sodboy, kind of sad isn't it? An NHL jersey with an iron on...how cheap were they back then? lol.

Very cheap, because the concern for merchandising wasn't there. In the late '70s, if you were buying merchandise with your team logo on it, you were buying a t-shirt or a cap. Meanwhile, Champion was making on-ice jerseys for minor-league teams, and at least one NHL franchise, the Colorado Rockies. And that meant screenprinted everything, including the front and shoulder crests, along with that legendary/infamous numeral font.

I have one of those Colorado Rockies jerseys!! It looks out of place next to the other old jerseys I have.

usa-sm.giffinland-sm.gifstars1-sm.gifdall1-sm.gif

Exactly, I've got a 1974-75 game-worn Phx Roadrunner WHA jersey made by Champion. It's the cheapest looking thing you'll ever see. Sceenprinted numerals on back and sleeves as well as screenprinted hem stripes.

Good point - when did sweaters become available for purchase?

The earliest I can remember MLB authentic jerseys for sale was in 1990 or so. Until then, you could buy t-shirts with the uniform design on them, but not the actual uniforms.

It's not authentic, but my dad has a Dodgers jersey. The front script, number, and name are all screenprinted. I's a button-down jersey, though and has the stripes on the sleeves. I know he also had a Penguins jersey, too. I think he got the blank jersey somewhere, and then he got a crest and had it sewn on.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Exactly, I've got a 1974-75 game-worn Phx Roadrunner WHA jersey made by Champion. It's the cheapest looking thing you'll ever see. Sceenprinted numerals on back and sleeves as well as screenprinted hem stripes.

That lasted for a long while - here's a 1988-1989 Milwaukee Admirals (IHL) jersey with screenprinted name, numbers, and logos.

Archived