2007-2008 NHL Logos & Uniforms

BBM

Meh, at least this is not Europe, where sponsor logos take up all the available space.

Here is an example from the Russian superleague (actually, their teams' jerseys are relatively sponsor-free, by Euro standards):

00000693.jpg

How about that, the captain's "K" is partially obscuring the team logo!

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Meh, at least this is not Europe, where sponsor logos take up all the available space.

Here is an example from the Russian superleague (actually, their teams' jerseys are relatively sponsor-free, by Euro standards):

Man, that sucks. I used to really love the Russian jerseys. Khimik especially used to have nice clean jerseys that would have looked decent in the NHL circa 1985 or so.

khimik97awayfr.jpg

nhl94vansigpng.png

00000693.jpg

Wow, it's amazing that the Russians have adapted to the North American style of play so well, considering they apparently play hockey with soccer balls back home.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

ok, to the guys talking about the whole ruutu with an a thing, I simply didnt know teams did that in the preseason. My reaction was not as major as youre making it out to be. I was actually trying to make somewhat of a (rather lame) joke out of it.

You want a spazz out? Look at the other 254 pages of this thread...theres more than plenty.

oBIgzrL.png

proof that alternates in the preseason mean nothing:

stephane robidas wore an A for dallas a few games ago.

i love the guy, but the regular alternates are modano and zubov... which of these 3 is not like the other. :)

proof that alternates in the preseason mean nothing:

stephane robidas wore an A for dallas a few games ago.

i love the guy, but the regular alternates are modano and zubov... which of these 3 is not like the other. :)

Same scenario... a couple seasons ago Tie Domi had the A during preseason... I mean, yeah, we Leaf fans all love him but of course he isn't really the guy for an A. But it was preseason so it wasn't a big deal at all. In fact, I for one found it quite amusing. :P

Wade-sig.png

one thing i found odd was that i've seen zubov wearing the C during the preseason before... i think 2 years back.

it looked odd...

but i always thought zubie would have made a great captain for us.

one thing i found odd was that i've seen zubov wearing the C during the preseason before... i think 2 years back.

it looked odd...

Since you are on the topic of Dallas, at the start of last season, why did Modano get the "C" taken away from him in favour for Morrow? Did this have something to do with Morrow's contract?

capt.a9d96fb69ebc4b6f8c47b5115979b2a1.bruinc_canadiens_hockey_hal104.jpg

I would be completely embarrassed to wear a uniform that looked like that on the hemline. You literally couldn't pay me to wear that god-awful un-tucked looking shirt. It's hideous.

Forget the hemline (it's a ridiculous argument anyways), but I feel really bad for Christopher Higgins. It looks like he's deflating!!

it looked odd...

Since you are on the topic of Dallas, at the start of last season, why did Modano get the "C" taken away from him in favour for Morrow? Did this have something to do with Morrow's contract?

somewhat.

it was less modano having it taken away, and more giving to a young player who deserves it, for the good of the future of the team...

morrow is a player that, since he was drafted, has been pegged a future captain of this team. there was talk of giving it to him immediately after hatcher left, but they thought he was too young, and we were still too competitive to give it to a youngster... i was fine with morrow getting it then, because we gave hatcher the C when he was a baby, too... he grew into it, and became the first and only non-canadian captain to lift the cup :)

but anyway, when morrow signed that looong contract, they decided now was as good a time as any. why have modano as a lame-duck captain, when it's common knowledge that morrow would be our captain as soon as modano retired?

then you have to factor in the fact that during the few seasons that modano was captain, he and the team had some fairly bad years. not his fault, but i really don't think mike modano is a captain type. i love the man, and he's a living legend in texas sports... but he's a fairly passive and introverted guy. morrow is a more upbeat ra-ra kinda player.

i also think a big reason behind it is the type of game the stars have played since moving to dallas, and the type of game they play now. mike modano is a 2-way player, who uses finese and speed and skill. brenden morrow is a 2-way player who grinds it out, presses hard on the forecheck, digs in the corners, and isn't opposed to punching you in the mouth.

morrow just fits in the image of the dallas stars team identity. that's not taking anything away from modano. if anything, we need more mike modano's... but having mike modano lead the barnes, barches, lundqvists, and fedoruks of the world isn't going to turn those players into brett hulls. management said that morrow can lead this team by example of hard work and team play, with modano just being our pressure free superstar, like he was in the 90's. i think the stars think that morrow can get more out of the guys than modano could.

just look back to the playoffs. we were at our best when morrow was attacking the canucks bench for a slash, banging bodies, and yelling obsceneties...

modano represents everything this franchise has stood for in the past 20 years, from minnesota to dallas... morrow, however, represents the current generation of stars. that's why he's captain.

it could have, and should have, been handled more professionally... but that's the doug armstrong regime in dallas... the same man who told jamie langenbrunner to his face, the day before the trade deadline, that there's nothing to worry about and he won't be traded... and the same man who traded brad lukowich on his wedding day in the dog days of summer...

i agree with the move, but don't like how it was handled...

but i've already written a novel on here, so i'll shut my mouth. :) i'm just excited since it's only a few days before the puck drops.

it looked odd...

They wanted Morrow to grow in to the role. with modano probably retiring in a year or so, they felt morrow was ready to grow in to the C.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

actually, modano is expected to play out his contract... which means a few more years. he'll play till he's 40.

then he'll eventually get into management with the team.. and in my opinion, he and hull will be part of an ownership group that will buy the team from hicks.

just my gut feeling.

it looked odd...

somewhat.

it was less modano having it taken away, and more giving to a young player who deserves it, for the good of the future of the team...

morrow is a player that, since he was drafted, has been pegged a future captain of this team. there was talk of giving it to him immediately after hatcher left, but they thought he was too young, and we were still too competitive to give it to a youngster... i was fine with morrow getting it then, because we gave hatcher the C when he was a baby, too... he grew into it, and became the first and only non-canadian captain to lift the cup :)

but anyway, when morrow signed that looong contract, they decided now was as good a time as any. why have modano as a lame-duck captain, when it's common knowledge that morrow would be our captain as soon as modano retired?

then you have to factor in the fact that during the few seasons that modano was captain, he and the team had some fairly bad years. not his fault, but i really don't think mike modano is a captain type. i love the man, and he's a living legend in texas sports... but he's a fairly passive and introverted guy. morrow is a more upbeat ra-ra kinda player.

i also think a big reason behind it is the type of game the stars have played since moving to dallas, and the type of game they play now. mike modano is a 2-way player, who uses finese and speed and skill. brenden morrow is a 2-way player who grinds it out, presses hard on the forecheck, digs in the corners, and isn't opposed to punching you in the mouth.

morrow just fits in the image of the dallas stars team identity. that's not taking anything away from modano. if anything, we need more mike modano's... but having mike modano lead the barnes, barches, lundqvists, and fedoruks of the world isn't going to turn those players into brett hulls. management said that morrow can lead this team by example of hard work and team play, with modano just being our pressure free superstar, like he was in the 90's. i think the stars think that morrow can get more out of the guys than modano could.

just look back to the playoffs. we were at our best when morrow was attacking the canucks bench for a slash, banging bodies, and yelling obsceneties...

modano represents everything this franchise has stood for in the past 20 years, from minnesota to dallas... morrow, however, represents the current generation of stars. that's why he's captain.

it could have, and should have, been handled more professionally... but that's the doug armstrong regime in dallas... the same man who told jamie langenbrunner to his face, the day before the trade deadline, that there's nothing to worry about and he won't be traded... and the same man who traded brad lukowich on his wedding day in the dog days of summer...

i agree with the move, but don't like how it was handled...

but i've already written a novel on here, so i'll shut my mouth. :) i'm just excited since it's only a few days before the puck drops.

pretty much what you said.

The langenbrunner deal was probably the worst trade of the Armstrong regime. Nieuwendyk i could understand trading since he was in the downswing but Langenbrunner was bad. I understand the reasoning by getting Arnott because of the Devils run and armstrong wanting to create a more exciting brand of hockey like the devils did in 2000. In the end i think it back fired, because Arnott never played up to expectations, the free agent signings while playing well in the season simply tanked in the post season and for whatever reason Turco who would play awsome in the regular season would turn in to Eric Fichaud in the playoffs(the one element of the fisherman era that i wouldn't mind forgetting). I liked how Gainey built the team with a mix of front end talent and heart and soul players.

from what little i've seen of morrow, i think he'll make a great captain for years to come. i actually wish i could see more of the stars than once every 3 years instead of the nightly match up of the rangers/devils/penguins/flyers which i get sick seeing

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

just watching the Islander/Rangers game, and if you look quickly at the Islanders jerseys when they are showing a wide shot of the ice, the jerseys seriously give off a Pittsburgh Penguins glory years (ie 91-92) jerseys.....Maybe its true, maybe I'm retarded, or maybe, just maybe, it could be the color on my tv lol.

I tried on a new Islanders RBK Edge jersey last night. The jersey looks even better in person. It's kinda one of those things that dont seem to good at first, but grow on you and end up looking nice. As for the jersey, it's a pretty good fit for me in the size I tried on. The iron on shoulder patch idea isn't too good (especially when your teams patch is four effin stripes). Other than that, it's pretty good for me

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

Archived