2007-2008 NHL Logos & Uniforms

BBM

So I saw some of the Panthers Rangers game tonight and as I watching I honestly kept thinking the Panthers with their new jerseys were actually the Flyers. That doesn't really mean anything but just an observation...
I thought the same thing...at one point I thought to myself "geez, i hope Briere gets out there the same time Drury is" but then I saw a close up of one of the Panthers and realized it wasn't Philly

Wow, I was actually thinking the exact same thing. Panthers new road = Flyers old road. Just from the broadcast angle though. And I guess I forgot to take the horrible lighting in MSG to account.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watching the Stars-Bruins game, and Steve Ott's jerseys has a sizable tear on the left side, with his shoulder pad visible underneath. I know that Reebok's trying to make their mark in hockey, but I doubt they want to be known as the makers of the flimsiest jerseys in the sport.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I went to the Mall of America tonight and hit pretty much every store that sells jerseys and here are my impressions. Almost 100% of the stores there that still have the CCM 550's in stock have not marked them down a cent. The stores at the Mall aren't known for putting them on sale in the past, even in the heat of summer, but I thought with the new Reebok's coming in, they would be trying to move them out to make space.

When I did ask about it, nearly everyone said that the new ones are so much more expensive, and have been selling slowly, that keeping the old ones at $80 vs. $120 for the new ones, the old ones will "appear" to be on sale and will sell without having to mark them down.

95% of the stores that had jerseys only had the hometown Wild. Sports Authority did have Red Wings CCM's in stock and marked down. The blanks were $40 and a few Lidstroms, with the fake "sewn on" look were $80. They also lacked any "C" or "A" and I have to say that the "sewn on" look has gotten pretty weak looking and no longer fools me like they once did when the first started doing it. The "stitching" is not as pronounced and quality control no longer demands the "stitching" make if fully out to the edge of the numbers, completely giving away the ruse.

Other than that, the new fabric looks like it's pretty ripe for pulls and the fabric swatch sewn in behind the lace up collar on the home Wild jersey looks like it's designed to catch crumbs, hold spare change or collect up your spilled beverages. In person it was just odd since it was a bigger piece of material than it needed to be, making it almost a pocket. On the Dallas black jersey, the word "Dallas" was not sewn on, and they didn't even try to fake it on the bottom layer either. At least the top color had the stitched look. Also the word "Vancouver" on the Canucks jerseys were 100% heat sealed with no attempt to replicate the sewn look, which, when combined with the screen printed secondary crests really, really cheapened the whole look of them. Combine that with the 50% price increase and you've got a deal breaker on your hands for me. I do have to say I like the material of the Reebok more than the odd feeling of the Nike Swift. I've always thought those felt like a spandex paper towel.

You can still find your unsold Nike Swift jerseys from the 2006 Olympics (or perhaps the 2007 World Championships based on player selection), which may not bode well for the Reebok Edge jerseys - outside of the home team which will sell regardless of how the dedicated jersey collectors feel about them. There is a certain element, us, that will buy jerseys we like, regardless of which city they represent, and the masses, who will buy their home team's jersey, regardless of what it looks Buffaslug like. Then again, the Reeboks have the advantage of varying design templates and NHL club teams in their arsenal vs. Nike Swift's international only lineup done in essentially one (somewhat odd) template with generally weird one color number fonts. I'm sure most teams sell a ton more "star player in club team jersey" vs. "star player in his national team jersey" as well.

The main issue I see is that the hometown fans greatly outnumber the collector element, but will the hometown element be happy with their two year old jersey with with plenty of life left in it customized with a player who has perhaps since left the team since said jersey has been bought and paid for in the days of $3 a gallon gas, or will they, in large enough numbers, shell out 50% more this year for the "new" jersey simply because it is new. Also keep in mind that in some places, the "new" jersey is in fact quite "new", like Boston, San Jose or Nashville, while in other places the "new" jersey looks pretty much the same as the old one, like Detroit, Chicago, Montreal, Minnesota, etc.

As for me, I'm sticking with the CCM's I already own. Heck, I've got 10 Wild jerseys plus at least 3 players national teams jerseys to choose from when I go to a game. Unless I'm commemorating a Stanley Cup victory, I don't see myself getting a new one. The price is the biggest issue for me, like I said before, and the screened secondary logos are not helping Reebok's cause one single bit at that price.

Also, I went to the Wild opening night yesterday vs. Chicago and the one thing that stood out on the ice was how dumb the shirt-tail shape of the bottom hemline looked in action. Any shirt that has that shape at the bottom looks like it should be tucked in like a baseball jersey, and if it isn't tucked in, it looks either like a mistake on the part of the player or just plain awkward and wrong. If it's made to be worn outside the pants, then it should be the old silhouette of having the bottom straight all the way around.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

The only one I'm really thinking about getting is either the new San Jose jersey or the new Islanders jersey and in all likelihood it'll be the Sharks that I get. I like the Sharks way better and like their new jerseys. I'm having a real hard time wanting to shell out more money for a cheaper product though...

Stars-NorthStarsJerseys.png

After seeing the Canes-Pens game last night:

Pens: Patch of gold on pens sleeve is still too large, and 250 patch seems too low.

Canes: Sleeve stripes are too large now.

capt.b319226c5562415dbf8ae8c79dbcf348.penguins_hurricanes_hockey_ncgb109.jpg

capt.4d362397fd44470a90a37691b2485e54.penguins_hurricanes_hockey_ncgb110.jpg

capt.e79588e9d4d84c208b0f1a008f62501f.penguins_hurricanes_hockey_ncgb102.jpg

Also, wheter its the lightng of the RBC Center or what, the gold on the pens jerseys seems too green now.

oBIgzrL.png

Seeing these in action for the first time tonight. Not at all good. A few observations...

Most of these teams ruined it.

The Leafs need the waist stripe back. The plain blue unis and uber-stripey socks make it look like all of the design elements fell down and got caught around their ankles.

Same deal with Dallas... jersey is in dire need of some color.

Nashville has the opposite problem. That set looks like it was pacthed together from scraps of everyone else's uniform.

For the teams that do have horizontal striping... the cut makes it look they have an untucked shirt hangng out under their jerseys.

I think when I was a kid, I had those pajamas that the Oilers are wearing.

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

Guess the Wings aren't too happy with the new duds:

Chelios blasts the new uniforms

Chelios crying? Say it ain't so!

When you play hockey for 45 years, you know what works.

True. Most elderly people could care less what others think of them. They just go about their business.

Actual Chelios quote from the article:

"The guy who designed the jerseys hasn't played hockey. I bet you he's one of those durn kids with the baggy pants and the hippity-hoppity music who keeps stealing lemons from the lemon tree in my yard. Also, the socks are tearing easily because they're light and thin."

New Caps home unis in action.

fullj.getty-76073979gf005_car_caps.jpg

fullj.getty-76073979gf001_car_caps.jpg

One of the best new designs revealed this offseason. I love their template and I'm glad they came up with something different. If I lived in Washington, I'd love to own one of these.

Archived