2007-2008 NHL Logos & Uniforms

BBM

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good point - when did sweaters become available for purchase?

The earliest I can remember MLB authentic jerseys for sale was in 1990 or so. Until then, you could buy t-shirts with the uniform design on them, but not the actual uniforms.

I got my first replica jersey in 1982 from the North Stars.

I don't know how I feel about the 'C' over the piping...seems like a huge oversight.

http://images.sportsline.com/u/gettyimages...20_1024x768.jpg

That looks nothing less than dreadful. It's almost like a no smoking sign or something. <_< You know, the circle with the line though it effect.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

I own a very early 80's Edmonton Oilers jersey with Messier on the back (sans A or C). Braden and I also spent hours trying to match the lettering on the back to a specific year and the only time frame we could see was 81 or 82. 81 because we realised they didn't have a set lettering style for player jerseys and 82 because it seemed to also be very close to what they wore then.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

I was thinking about when the teams go to the Stanly Cup finals. What if a team like Tampa, or even Buffalo makes it into the finals. Is it guna be like the Memorial cup and have the patch half way down the left/right side lol.

4kv29i.jpg

I thought this was kinda funny...

20070922214038666785000-gyi-320x320.jpg

The red part of Gomez's A is falling off... :lol:

I was going to start a topic about this. He actually played an entire shift - the first shift of the second period of that game - with the red completely missing. MSG was talking about him and the cameras followed him to the bench where equipment managers were waiting to perform a stop-gap quick fix. That must be how they fixed it (in your picture), and it was coming off again, later in the game.

I was going to start a topic about this. He actually played an entire shift - the first shift of the second period of that game - with the red completely missing. MSG was talking about him and the cameras followed him to the bench where equipment managers were waiting to perform a stop-gap quick fix. That must be how they fixed it (in your picture), and it was coming off again, later in the game.

I can't believe Gomez is already wearing an "A", even though it's only pre-season, i'm not a big fan of such things.

untitled-6.jpg

I knew these brand new "premier" jerseys seem quite cheap. I saw them at a local store and I was a little surprised at how the shoulder patches were very thin compared right next to a jersey from last year. Those seem like they won't last 6 months.

And now the problem goes even further as the "authentic" jerseys aren't any better with crap such as cheap lettering and fabric that tears after just one fight. So folks, this is what you get for 300+$.

ESPN.com Page 2's "Uni Watch" weighs in on the new RBK Edge jerseys. It seems that they are creating some unintended and unfortunate side effects:

[W]hen the Reebok folks were designing a new uniform system for the NHL, they devised a series of moisture-repellant fabrics. For months now league officials have been doing this little party trick where they pour a glass of water onto one of the new jerseys, so everyone can see how the water rolls right off.

But here's the thing: All that moisture has to go somewhere. And according to a growing chorus of complaints from NHL players, it's going mainly into their gloves and skates, which have become a sloshy, saturated mess.

Another unintended consequence of the new uniforms: They're so stretchy and, in some cases, so prone to tearing along the seams that they're easy to pull over an opponent's face during a fight, which can lead to major problems.

That's from the first part of the article. Later on the author gleefully savages many of the most common new design elements - "apron strings" (aka "Bettman stripes"), "the diaper effect", "stripes that don't stripe" and so forth. I leave it to you to read all that yourself.

CCSLC signature.png

It's nice to hear some in the media calling a spade. I've heard enough apologist BS from the local media here to make me sick. The uni's are horrible. no amount of time is going to change a bad design.

Reebok's redesign of the NHL only furthers the notion that Gary Bettman was sent by the NBA to kill hockey after it started becoming too popular in the early nineties. This is a prime example of why he is not fit to run the league. Any sane commissioner would have vetoed the new jerseys right off the bat. They look ridiculous and they make the league look like a joke. League play is also proving that there is no detectable performance benefit and anecdotally at least it seems that many players believe they are worse than the old uniforms.

I can't for the life of me get over how ridiculous the players look in these now. With men dressing like this is there any fear of the league ever being popular again? It's worse than any Cooperall nightmare.

capt.a9d96fb69ebc4b6f8c47b5115979b2a1.bruinc_canadiens_hockey_hal104.jpg

I would be completely embarrassed to wear a uniform that looked like that on the hemline. You literally couldn't pay me to wear that god-awful un-tucked looking shirt. It's hideous.

DEATH TO REEBOK

I knew these brand new "premier" jerseys seem quite cheap. I saw them at a local store and I was a little surprised at how the shoulder patches were very thin compared right next to a jersey from last year. Those seem like they won't last 6 months.

And now the problem goes even further as the "authentic" jerseys aren't any better with crap such as cheap lettering and fabric that tears after just one fight. So folks, this is what you get for 300+$.

All lettering in the Pre-Season usually isn't permanent and in most cases, can easily be removed. It seems that this is such a case where it is more or less heat sealed on and it just happened to get more wear and tear than it should. I'm sure once captaincy is set, they will be properly applied.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

What i want to know is that, the A on Gomez's jersey...is it coming off because it's wet or because it's being stretched way too much and if that's the case why is only the red part coming off?

Anyways, people whine too much about this 'why is he wearing an A?' crap....IN ALL THE PRESEASON GAMES, TEAMS HAVE TWO TEAMS THEY ROTATE TILL THEY CUT THE AMOUNT OF GUYS THEY WANT TO KEEP...during which, each game has to have a set number of assistant captains, doesn't matter how old or new they are to the team, they need 2 assistant captains in every game.

It's why Malkin & Ruutu wore an A for the pens in a game, because the guys that usually wear the A weren't playing.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

What i want to know is that, the A on Gomez's jersey...is it coming off because it's wet or because it's being stretched way too much and if that's the case why is only the red part coming off?

Anyways, people whine too much about this 'why is he wearing an A?' crap....IN ALL THE PRESEASON GAMES, TEAMS HAVE TWO TEAMS THEY ROTATE TILL THEY CUT THE AMOUNT OF GUYS THEY WANT TO KEEP...during which, each game has to have a set number of assistant captains, doesn't matter how old or new they are to the team, they need 2 assistant captains in every game.

It's why Malkin & Ruutu wore an A for the pens in a game, because the guys that usually wear the A weren't playing.

The Devils haven't worn any letters, "C" or "A" in any of their preseason games. I am sure there is a happy medium in there somewhere

BCBannersSig.png

i see no reason why the stanley cup patches can't simply replace the front numbers in the finals. or at least one of the shoulder patches...

There's actually a precedent for those kinds of patches being moved up to the shoulders for captains. There was a link posted on Uni Watch the other day for a blog dealing with the history of patches in the NHL, and it mentioned that a few teams (Rangers especially come to mind) where certain league-wide patches were moved to the shoulder for C's and A's because of limited chest space.

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

Archived