2007-2008 NHL Logos & Uniforms

BBM

The players look really bad in the jerseys, especially on the bigger guys. It seems that alot of the players dont like the new form fitting design. Maybe the NHL should have talked with the PA before this. Its all a money grab imo.

They did. Many players were involved in the development and every team had practice sessions with them last year.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've seen my first live action of the new unis today, and I think Reebok's got some work to do. On teams like the Kings, the curving of the sleeve stripes to fit the Edge template looks even more out-of-place when it's paired with socks which feature striping that matches the jersey, but goes straight across. It seriously looks like the jersey has a manufacturing defect.

And I just witnessed a fight in tonight's Hawks-Wild game, and saw a player get his jersey stretched out like spandex to a point where his pads popped out. And, the jersey easily got shredded down to the crest. This seems to raise some serious safety issues. I'm reminded of a couple years ago when RBK first got the contract, and AHL teams, which were required to use Reebok for their equipment, were complaining that players were breaking sticks in record numbers. It just all speaks of a lack of quality, and of a company focused too much on imaging, and too little on quality control and product development.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Man, that sucks. I used to really love the Russian jerseys. Khimik especially used to have nice clean jerseys that would have looked decent in the NHL circa 1985 or so.

khimik97awayfr.jpg

Actually, Khimik have a pseudo-retro thing going with pseudo-Nike-swifties this year (they are not actually made by Nike). They don't look half bad, by European standards:

00000687.jpg

Now, one team that has really gone retro is Dynamo Moscow, in this Alexander Maltsev-era get up. I, for one, really like it.

11.jpg

Ah, Cyrillic wordmark accross the chest. I am havin' flashbacks here!

I've seen my first live action of the new unis today, and I think Reebok's got some work to do. On teams like the Kings, the curving of the sleeve stripes to fit the Edge template looks even more out-of-place when it's paired with socks which feature striping that matches the jersey, but goes straight across. It seriously looks like the jersey has a manufacturing defect.

And I just witnessed a fight in tonight's Hawks-Wild game, and saw a player get his jersey stretched out like spandex to a point where his pads popped out. And, the jersey easily got shredded down to the crest. This seems to raise some serious safety issues. I'm reminded of a couple years ago when RBK first got the contract, and AHL teams, which were required to use Reebok for their equipment, were complaining that players were breaking sticks in record numbers. It just all speaks of a lack of quality, and of a company focused too much on imaging, and too little on quality control and product development.

Well, they do. They're RBK.

Twitter • Facebook • Instagram • LinkedIn • Tumblr

I wouldn't be surprised if quality control is down due to rushed production by RBK. A friend of mine who works at a pro shop told me RBK/CCM can't entirely handle the production of new jerseys (I'm not sure if this refers to the authentics, replicas, or both) in house, so some of it's being handled by SP and just rebranded.

Ok, that Dynamo jersey doesn't look right without the big D logo on it.

On the other hand, they're pimpin' me rather well. :D

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

The NHL Uniforms site makes the rounded shirt tails look rediculous. Probably because they are.

Thank you, US education system, for that.

No, thank you. :P

Bite me. I tried to do spell check and it didn't work.

So you don't know how to spell and have to rely on spell-check. Is this you defending yourself?

The NHL Uniforms site makes the rounded shirt tails look rediculous. Probably because they are.

So you don't know how to spell and have to rely on spell-check. Is this you defending yourself?

The point is that this is a logo message board, not a college course. I chose to make a good point while knowing that my spelling might be wrong. You chose to pick on my spelling, and not my point about logos. WHICH IS THE ENTIRE PURPOSE OF THIS BOARD. If you want to be the grammer police, become a 7th grade english teacher. Douche.

Everyone loves a roundel.

The point is that this is a logo message board, not a college course. I chose to make a good point while knowing that my spelling might be wrong. You chose to pick on my spelling, and not my point about logos. WHICH IS THE ENTIRE PURPOSE OF THIS BOARD. If you want to be the grammer police, become a 7th grade english teacher. Douche.

:P

366678430_f28e9d99de_o.jpg

I wouldn't be surprised if quality control is down due to rushed production by RBK. A friend of mine who works at a pro shop told me RBK/CCM can't entirely handle the production of new jerseys (I'm not sure if this refers to the authentics, replicas, or both) in house, so some of it's being handled by SP and just rebranded.

maybe they should have left the jerseys alone and did a gradual 5 year change instead of an all at once over haul.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Well if that were true, there would be no "Lounge" or "Sports in General" sub-forums. I think the scope of this place is much larger than just logos. And while this is not a college course, using proper spelling and grammar is not something that should be limited to the 4 walls of a classroom.

The NHL Uniforms site makes the rounded shirt tails look rediculous.

Saying that someone's template looks "rediculous" is not a good point. It is a criticism of a template that is, unfortunately, accurate.

Plus, the oh-so-fun progression into name-calling can only end one way: in this marvelous thread being graveyarded.

So please, just calm down and don't insult people when they say something about your spelling. M'kay?

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

Archived