2007-2008 NHL Logos & Uniforms

BBM

ZR2S7254-W800.jpg

So, take a look at Kari Lehtonen's jersey (the goalie) and then Todd White's (the center). Notice anything different. Looks like the goalie cut has the straight arm design, while the regular cut tapers. I still don't get the taper. It looks ugly as hell. The replicas don't have it, now apparently neither do the goalies, so you can't tell me it was necessitated by the Rbk design. Weird.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The tapers are a joke. The goalie jersey looks so much better. Whoever thought the taper would look good is blind.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Went to a pens preseason game last night... new duds look bad in action in person. Not terrible, but the patch of gold on the sleeves under the numbers seems huge to me. What I hate most is how the pants look...unfinished. Like the gold diamond shape was cut off because itd be too big if it wasnt.

observe:

092807_PIT_BUF_Malkin.jpg

oBIgzrL.png

That doesn't look so bad in that picture. I'll have to see for myself at the Igloo on Nov 12. :)

As for the Atlanta jerseys... yeah, the taper looks bad, but that's the least of the problems for that jersey.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

As a sidebar...

The long-awaited 2007-08 page on NHLUniforms.com has been posted!

Enjoy!

The link still only shows 06-07 unis when I click the 2000s section.

on the main page click the huge "this years uniforms" banner

The Sharks teal looks green.

Umm... the Sharks teal IS green.

;)

I was absolutely dreading the Bruins' new uniforms; partly because they had an extremely tight uniform (excepting that :censored: alternate) and partly because we were hearing all kinds of nasty rumors about what to expect. I must say that I am so agreeably disappointed by the new unis. I would only eliminate the drawstrings as extraneous; otherwise they are superb.

The Stars' road jersey should have black shoulders. And this isn't college, their home should have a crest. The Avs' shouldn't have those colored insets. What are the Wild thinking? The Canucks have now been in the league for 37 years and still have never had a decent-looking uniform. Remarkable.

Went to a pens preseason game last night... new duds look bad in action in person. Not terrible, but the patch of gold on the sleeves under the numbers seems huge to me. What I hate most is how the pants look...unfinished. Like the gold diamond shape was cut off because itd be too big if it wasnt.

observe:

092807_PIT_BUF_Malkin.jpg

I noticed that the slug is outlined in a thicker blue to help make it more visible and eliminate that whitespace effect.

Now the problem with the uniform is that you can actually see the slug now...Bob Saget!

The NHL Uniforms site makes the rounded shirt tails look rediculous. Probably because they are.

They make them look red? :therock:

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

The NHL Uniforms site makes the rounded shirt tails look rediculous. Probably because they are.

Thank you US education system for that.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

So how long before the NHL realizes it can squeeze more money from its fans if goalies wear a different jersey like they do in soccer?
They tried that in the All Star game 5 or 6 years ago, so I wouldnt' put it past them if they tried again. :wacko:

they also tried it a few years back during the preseason...

i've got a pic somewhere of turco in a form fitting practice jersey during a game when the rest of the team was wearing the regular stars uniform.

Archived