2007-2008 NHL Logos & Uniforms

BBM

So, at last Saturday's Thrashers preseason game, I noticed that the replica jerseys are actually designed differently from the authentics (they had both on sale at the team store). The authentic home jersey's arm design tapers toward the bottom of the sleeve, and the ATLANTA is bunched up towards the shoulder. On the replicas, the arm doesn't taper and the ATLANTA runs all the way down the sleeve. The replicas actually looked MUCH nicer than the authentics. Very weird.

Ehh, the only problem I had with the thrashers replicas were the shoulder patches. They seem like they would eventually crack after a few washings. I went with the authentic white.... Anyone else having problems getting letter kits for these? Stahls told me it would be a while before they start selling them and I think I finally found a place protwillmn.com that can cut the new thrashers letters.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

Ehh, the only problem I had with the thrashers replicas were the shoulder patches. They seem like they would eventually crack after a few washings. I went with the authentic white.... Anyone else having problems getting letter kits for these? Stahls told me it would be a while before they start selling them and I think I finally found a place protwillmn.com that can cut the new thrashers letters.

I talked to Stahl's today on that- the new kits will be available on October 1st, but the as for ones that are unchanged (Montreal, Detroit, etc.) the pricing is still the same as last year, and are available now.

"Hats for bats. Keep bats warm. Gracias"

1 month on (or whatever it is) and I still dont like the Nucks jersey.

It looks too cartoony and unbalanced. The wordmark makes the whole jersey look top-heavy and add that to the shoulder patches (which look like they are a drawn by a primary school kid) the jersey is way too cluttered.

Take away the shoulder patches alltogether and it might work better, but I would still prefer it if the wordmark was not there at all.

And also, I would have liked the shoulder patches to have black centres so as to match up with the colour of the Orca on the front. At least that would make the orca look less out of place and give it something to tie in with. If you're going to have black in your logo as a main colour, you need to have it somewhere else on the jersey, and I think having it in the shoulder patches could have worked quite well.

I was on the fence about them, too, until I saw them up close and in person. They look good in real life, IMO.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

So now we have the Penguins and the Flames complaining about the new jerseys, and the Flames article mentions that the same complaints are being heard "around the league." I'm guessing these things are as good as dead within three seasons, hopefully sooner.

At the very least, they'll tweak the absorbancy and sizing, and maybe will cut the rounded hemline crap.

Edit: add Derek Boogaard of the Wild to the list: St. Paul Pioneer Press article

Anyone heard from JS Giguere? How it fits on top of his "Regulation Sized" equipment?

Looking at the picture of Steve Mason on the CNN/SI pictures, I have a feeling a few goalies will see their GAA skyrocket...

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

So now we have the Penguins and the Flames complaining about the new jerseys, and the Flames article mentions that the same complaints are being heard "around the league." I'm guessing these things are as good as dead within three seasons, hopefully sooner.

At the very least, they'll tweak the absorbancy and sizing, and maybe will cut the rounded hemline crap.

Here's the only reasonable explanation I've seen for the rounded hemlines, in which case I'd bet they are here to stay:

Meanwhile, Dave Delisle has provided the closest thing to a rational explanation for the new rounded hemlines:

I work at EA Canada, where NHL 08 is produced. After implementing the new jerseys into the game, I noticed the hemline?s intended effect: They raised the sides to accommodate the skating stride. The old jerseys would ride upwards when the stride was extended. Some players tucked their jerseys in to accommodate a better stride. Remember, the new jerseys were originally intended to be entirely tucked in, until the players cried foul.

Incidentally, when I saw all the jerseys, I cringed at two-thirds of them. Everyone here groaned at the Canucks jerseys ? the fallout was what we predicted.

03.pens.jpg

The blue jerseys were great, every form of em. THe gold was still teh best, though. Now these new jerseys look bad hanging up, ok on players who are sationary...but in action they look....wait a minute....RUUTU is alternate captain now?

oBIgzrL.png

03.pens.jpg

The blue jerseys were great, every form of em. THe gold was still teh best, though. Now these new jerseys look bad hanging up, ok on players who are sationary...but in action they look....wait a minute....RUUTU is alternate captain now?

It's only preseason man.

flames players weigh in: sun article

So lets take a vote... Who thinks that there will be a change to appease the players?

New NBA ball-esque? I certainly hope so.

I hope they go back to the old style. There was NOTHING broke about the old style jerseys, and their attempt to "fix" something that wasn't broken has only proven to make them worse than they ever... weren't? WTFrig?

The sweaters aren't going to make it. I'm okay with the tighter fit, the new designs, and even the piping...but these jerseys weren't properly tested nor were they properly designed (the captaincy controversy). I used to do work in RBK's corporate headquarters shooting videos of their apparel testing and design. In general the company is a bunch of hacks feeding from a corporate trough.

Archived