2007-2008 NHL Logos & Uniforms

BBM

I think the Hurricanes uniforms are a picture-perfect example of how the teams could have given RBK's piping templates the finger and stayed with their original design ... so my question is, why didn't more teams do that?

An excellent question, and one to which we may never know the answer.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Oilers jerseys look horrendous in NHL 08. I was playing shootout mode and they looked so plain. There were just numbers and those stupid underarm stripes. I think they are my least favorite uniform in the NHL right now.

The Ducks jersey has grown on my completely. When they changed their jersey a year ago I wasn't that crazy about them but now they are one of my favorite.

Also I'm loving that the Devils didn't change. One of my favorites.

1399129948_8be9f06183_o.jpg

Took the liberty of changing the orange to the silver/grey that many people have been clamoring for.

You know, I can't decide what I like better now. This is *awfully* monochromatic.

Much better than what they have now....the orange caught the eye, but it took away from/clashed terribly with the rest of the jersey. The silver blends in quite nicely. :D

Ditto. There's nothing really wrong with the orange per se, it just doesn't seem to fit in with the rest of the jersey (yet it does seem to work in the Florida-templated version. No, I can't explain it even a little bit...).

1) No piping - Piping has not been used in a good way AT ALL on ANY of the Edge jerseys that have come out. There's nothing wrong with piping, it's just been used idiotically.

What do you define as piping? What do you define as a good use of piping?

I define it as a thin, generally single stripe.

I'd consider it piping on the Hurricanes shoulders. That looks wonderful.

I'd say it's integrated well enough on the Blues jerseys (though I'd rather it not be there than be there).

And I'd just about call the striping on the Blue Jackets blue jerseys piping, and a great use of it.

Other teams use of it is niether awesome nor terrible.

I actually think the piping looks good on the Oilers jersey, specifically on the blue jersey. The blank stripe down the sleeves looks stupid, but the piping is a nice addition.

There may be other solid piping looks as well, I'm just not up for going through them.

I agree with your definition of piping, as for what looks good. The orange piping on the Ducks' jerseys is nice, the piping on the Hurricanes' shoulders is ok (not terrible) but this randome **** on most of the jerseys is just sickening. Calgary's "lets draw the piping all the way to WAIT stop, just end it right there, ahhh that looks good, nothing like it randomly stopping WOOOOO go us!" The piping on every single team that has piping on the chest just looks awful.

Picture%209.png

Look at the placement of the A on this jersey? Seems like Detroit had room on the other side after all.

I don't think anybody ever said it didn't. It's a throwback move as their letters used to be on the player's right chest (this "new" way).

Pretty sure they actually did say they don't have room. The throwback thought is rationalization by fans (and perhaps a solid one, but rationalization nonetheless).

Of course, the Flyers don't appear to have room on either side (other than putting it where they do), and nor do the Oilers. They could drop the logo (especially the Oilers), an inch and make room.

Picture%209.png

Look at the placement of the A on this jersey? Seems like Detroit had room on the other side after all.

Yep, look at that placement. Goes right over the piping, which means it's sewn on two separate panels of the jersey, and likely compromises some performance aspect of the Edge system, along with ruining the visual aesthetic (even if that particular aesthetic is lousy to begin with.) Good to see Reebok thought this through.

Oh, and the sleeve number placement above the broken stripe, rather than in the middle of it, is downright comical.

Also comical in a sad sort of way, from today's UniWatch:

Picture%205.png

"I'm sorry, we can't do straight lines down the sleeve. We just don't have the technology for that sort of radical concept."

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Hmm, I don't like these new Sharks jerseys that much. Maybe it's the orange, or the amount of black in there..

These would've been much better, imo:

fakesharksaway.jpg

fakesharkshome.jpg

(thanks to whoever did this concept)

It matches the sharks really well.

Thanks.

Wow. A Flames fan and an Oilers fan agreeing on something. :P

.... now if only we could both manage to agree with Leafs fans. LOL.

capnSHA5.jpg

I'm so, so close to really liking these. There's one thing that bugs me about it--the striping inconsistency.

Why isn't there orange in the shoulder striping like there is on the sleeves and hem?

So, so close.

I do like the silver edits, though they suffer from the same problem.

Oh, and these are almost completely ruined by the stupid numbers on the front.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

capnSHA5.jpg

I'm so, so close to really liking these. There's one thing that bugs me about it--the striping inconsistency.

Why isn't there orange in the shoulder striping like there is on the sleeves and hem?

So, so close.

I do like the silver edits, though they suffer from the same problem.

Oh, and these are almost completely ruined by the stupid numbers on the front.

YES!

I kept quiet about it, but exactly! I actually think on the edits with silver it manages to not need the extra stripe, but with orange, there has to be orange in the shoulders, too.

This is why I don't like the Kings completely. This is why I don't like the Bruins...OH man does it kill me on the Bruins.

Similarly, it's why I don't like the Panthers. Or the Penguins with that stripe on the side panels not matching their sleeves.

Archived