2007-2008 NHL Logos & Uniforms

BBM

I find it funny that everyone bitches for traditional and then when the Stars and Leafs do it, they are too boring.

The Leafs are any but traditional with the hem stripes deleted. Dallas is ok but could have been so much better.

Anything but traditional because of the hem-stripe?

So removing a hem line makes it modern? Radical?

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So I decided to jump the gun and found my moms camera and took some pics. These pics are of the Leafs Authentic size 46 home jersey.

Here is me modeling the jersey.

DSC00236.jpg

This is no offense to you, at all, in any way whatsoever, but that jersey looks like the woman's style. They're more awful than I'd already imagined. :(

If I had bought the size 50 (aka M/L) then it would look a lot baggier in the torso. I opted not to get it because on me, it was a little too baggy even over top of other pieces of clothing. Ah well, fits pretty much like the Swift so I knew what I was getting into.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

I thought one of the big things about the Edge socks was that they would hold themselves up? (no longer needing to use tape)

They probably don't need tape but players are probably taping them up out superstition of routine. The old ones if you held them up right right didn't need tape either.

Final grades and short comments:

teams that deserve an A

Boston - A+ (complete upgrade from last season)

Columbus - A+ (one of the best upgrades this summer.)

San Jose - A+ (if nhl 08 is to be believed, this is the third best upgrade of the summer. i liked their set as a third, but never cared for it full time. The orange is growing on me a bit.)

Chicago - A (Resisted the urge to mess up their jerseys)

Montreal - A (Same situation with Chicago, New York R, New Jersey and Detroit)

New Jersey - A (One of the meh to one of the best)

New York Rangers - A (basically same design, the off centering isn't a big enough change to lose points)

Detroit - A (the only real change was moving the C to the left. They've done this before so it doesn't bother me)

Carolina A- (The shoulder piping is a step in the right direction, however it looks a bit unfinished.)

Phoenix - A - (red shoulder stripe upgrades the white, the elimination of hemline stipes downgrades the set)

Anaheim - A- (I didn't like their look last year, but after seeing the other monstrocities, these look really good, except for the stript disconnect which it lost points on)

Los Angeles - A- (retained a decent design, loses points on the loss of hemline stripe)

Teams that deserve a B Grade

Philadelphia B+ (the more i see it the more i kinda like it, would like to see some hemline stripes and it lost points on no orange primary. other wise this is close to an A grade)

Vancouver - B+ (the wordmark keeps this from getting an A grade)

Toronto - B (i know people didn't like the silver and TML, but with out it it looks really plain. Especially with out the hemline stripes)

Dallas - B- (overall decent look, don't care for the college look, minimal hemstripes and lack of green on the black. Very close to a C grade)

Teams that deserve a C grade

Washington C+ (after seeing this in action it looks worse than in the pics so i dropped it from a B rating to a C rating)

Minnesota C+ (the empty piping and lack of hemstripes on the red dropped the wild from a B grade to a C grade)

Pittsburgh - C (i pretty much give the same grade to pit, tb and ott since they are the same template, 2/3 upgraded logos and no hemline stripes to break up the solid monotny)

Tampa - C (see pit)

Ottawa - C (see Pit)

St. Louis - C- (too many design issues here. the bleeding of colors, an issue i had with the other set and most obvious the garish piping.)

Teams that deserve a D grade

Colorado - D- (complete downgrade from what they had. needs stripes on the blue/burgandy to break up the bleeding of colors. side panels need to go.)

Florida - D- (piping, no red jersey - complete downgrade from an already a set that was a downgrade to begin with. the 96 jerseys was their best)

Edmonton D- (They completely ruined their jersey set. There wasn't anything wrong with what they already had. wouldn't have minded a return to the 97 shoulder stripes on the white jerseys. That reminds me of probably one of the funnest series i watched that year which was between the stars/oilers. If they eliminated the piping, it would be at least an acceptable set but in dire need of some tweaking. same situation with florida which is why i didn't grade them an F)

Teams that deserve an F grade

Buffalo - F - (Will not get anything higher until that slug is gone)

New York I - F - (i'm probably a bit harsh on the them, but Wang and co ruined the islanders look. unacceptable)

Nashville F - (just plain ugly)

Atlanta F - (I actually didn't think it was possible for them to make themselves look worse than they already looked.)

Calgary - F- (ugly socks, ugly piping, unnecessary flags. Just a complete mess of a jersey, that only Patsox could design)

I rerated a few teams and added edmonton.

22 of 30 got passing grades. Everyone else got borderline passing to outright failing grades.

a few upgraded or stood pat which is really an upgrade if you think about it, and most downgraded. Some downgrades are acceptable and only really need a few tweaks, but others just look down right ugly. adding hemline stripes and eliminating the piping would upgrade almost half these teams. the thing that kills alot of these designs is the lack of individuality. Thats what made the avs great was the mountain striping which was a unique design or the stars template which was great. Now everyone looks like they were created out of nhl create a team with about 5 templates to choose from. i hope we aren't stuck with these for the next 10 years, i don't think my eyes can take the eyesores.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

I thought one of the big things about the Edge socks was that they would hold themselves up? (no longer needing to use tape)

They probably don't need tape but players are probably taping them up out superstition of routine. The old ones if you held them up right right didn't need tape either.

The tape is to hold the shinguards in place, not the socks.

I find it funny that everyone bitches for traditional and then when the Stars and Leafs do it, they are too boring.

The Leafs are any but traditional with the hem stripes deleted. Dallas is ok but could have been so much better.

I never said modern or radical in regards to the Leafs new uniform.

The Leafs are an original six team and the basis for their sweater dates back to the mid thirties. It included a hem stripe. Removing the hem stripe goes against their tradition. I personally think it looks terrible. It also seems obvious that this new design is a left over relic of the tucked in prototype. Leaf fans however will support a loser. This we know.

and BTW, I concur with the opinion that the new cut of the Leafs uniform looks effeminate with it's slimming waist. The new Toronto tourist slogan: "Toronto isn't just gay friendly, Toronto IS GAY!" couldn't be any more appropriate with that cut.

DEATH TO REEBOK

re:

and BTW, I concur with the opinion that the new cut of the Leafs uniform looks effeminate with it's slimming waist. The new Toronto tourist slogan: "Toronto isn't just gay friendly, Toronto IS GAY!" couldn't be any more appropriate with that cut.

Nothing like a good litmus-test on ethics, for the board community and the moderators.

The tape is to hold the shinguards in place, not the socks.

I know why tape is traditionally used for what I said is if you hold your socks up right (with a belt or jock shorts) the socks will keep the shinguard in place. I play hockey and for the last 5 years or so have never needed tape to keep my shinguards in place with the traditional socks. Like I said the use of tape on these new ones is probably out of superstition and/or routine as some players can be particular about how they tape their socks.

re:

Nothing like a good litmus-test on ethics, for the board community and the moderators.

Not to mention the obvious cluelessness in not realizing that EVERY team has that cut of sweater.

The new Toronto tourist slogan: "Toronto isn't just gay friendly, Toronto IS GAY!" couldn't be any more appropriate with that cut.

Funny, I know lots of Church/Wellesley Village inhabitants that would hate the cut of that jersey. I know it wouldn't flatter my waistline, either, and I'm pretty damned gay.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I'm interested to see how the "Premier" replica's will fit.

Also remember how they said th8ey would continue to sell the "classic" replica (Only the home jersey) for the teams that didn't change, so only like 7 teams will still be selling their "classic" replica's still I imagine.

My alphabetical rundown of the NHL in 07-08 with grades and comments:

Avelanche: D+ Downgrade from the mountain theme jerseys, piping is bad but I just dig their colors

Blackhawks: A+ The best sweaters in the NHL, simple.classy.unbeatable. IMO

Bluejackets: B+ An upgrade from the olds, nice logo change but would like to see the stare higher on the sleeves so they arent covered by gloves not a fan of the number font

Blues: B- I actually kinda like them...the white is better and is a good modernization into the edge era but the darks just look funny

Bruins: A+ right behind the hawks for top in the league, awesome love the old school look in a new school era

Canadiens: A good to see them stay the same, but would like to see the chest stripe on the whites (a midget AAA team does this, Russel Stover Stars, and it looks awesome)

Canucks: D Yuck the logo just doesnt fit the jersey, and the script over the logo is just ugly, should have gone with johnny canuck or the stick in rink as the main crest

Capitals: C- Minor changes would make it look fantastic...make the shoulder yokes red on the white duds, change the inner arm color to the main jersey color new shoulder logo awesome, new crest...ok

Coyotes: A Awesome set, love the red shoulders on the whites...stripes at the bottom of the jersey would make these amazing

Devils: B Would have liked to see an outline on the shoulder yokes

Ducks: C hate the script logo, stripe disconnect is weird, but good colors

Flames: F No just No, alberta/canada flags funky striping and piping fugly socks...just NO

Flyers: C+ Would be great but that middle arm stripe is just weird minor tweaks would set it off

Hurricanes: B Shoulder piping is good, middle arm stripe is too large IMO, love the flag theme as always

Islanders: D- The orange arms are distracting and the shoulder striping doesnt seem to fit

Kings: C+ Get rid of Los Angeles at the bottom...go back to the purple and gold

Leafs: C+ Needs hemlines, that pretty much makes the difference here

Lightning: F Bad Logo, Bad Colors, this template can be ok...but not the way they used it

Oilers: F go back to the original colors, decide between the whole arm yoke or the arm stripes *DO NOT MIX*

Panthers: D The logo prevents it from an F, like the oilers dont mix the arm stripes and the arm yoke, ugly piping indifferent on the color of the road unis

Penguins: B- Good use of the futuristic template...love the current colors and logo

Nashville: F Wow are those ugly, nashville script...no thank you, piping...no thank you, white inner arms on the blues...no thank you

Rangers: A Way to keep with tradition, superb uni

Redwings: A Way to keep with tradition, superb uni

Sabres: F The slug...the overwhelming ugliness BAD!!!

Senators: C like the new logos, new shoulder patch is good, template is ok, better on the pens IMO

Sharks: A I really like the new logo package and the orange addition, jerseys look really nice

Stars: B Like the college look, always have, its classy, stayed away from the piping, good look

Thrashers: D the away is ok, the home is awful, hate the dark blue sleeve with the atlanta script

Wild: B The home is wonderful, would like to see the road switch to that look as well

OVERALL NHL GPA: 2.167, mainly because of the original 6

brewerssig.jpg

Oh brother :rolleyes:

well after seeing neon's pics...I am NOT getting a new Thrashers jersey.

or just buy a bigger size so that it doesn't fit so tightly...something bigger than you usually would.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

well after seeing neon's pics...I am NOT getting a new Thrashers jersey.

or just buy a bigger size so that it doesn't fit so tightly...something bigger than you usually would.

No matter how big you go they'll still have that womanly hourglass shape to them. It looks godawful on a regular dude as opposed to an athlete with pads and junk.

Oh brother :rolleyes:

I don't mean to impugn the gay population, although I never said there's anything wrong with being gay. If I was gay perhaps I could have said "that's too gay, even for me" and you would see the humour in it, but maybe not in this politically correct world we live in.

BTW I don't think there is anything wrong with being from Toronto either. I'm originally from Toronto myself.......

Let me rephrase what I originally said about Reebok's Edge uniform as a whole:

They're just too darn femmy, even for a sissy like me.

Now I assure you I am more slender and more of a wimp than any NHL player, but those uniforms are still too effeminate for me.

See the humour in that?

DEATH TO REEBOK

Archived