2007-2008 NHL Logos & Uniforms

BBM

I can't for the life of me understand why teams use white laces with their white jerseys. The coyotes red jerseys look great with their new pants with the three stripes. Talk about retro, there was a day when all teams (except Philly) used to employ pant stripes. A lot of teams could upgrade their look with pant stripes. If the Coyotes would have added a white shoulder yoke to the homes and kept the hem stripes they would've acheived a significant upgrade.

That would look really nice. If they kept the waist stripe and added a white yoke on the home set. I wouldnt mind seeing the Leafs with a white yoke on the blue and blue shoulders on the white. At least Phoenix kept the wicked shoulder patch.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As far as the images that I have seen some arguing over, I understand what some people think is appropriate in how they should be posted and some of what they might think isn't.

If it is an image that is basically from the NHL and is widely accessible, then I don't believe that is a problem. However, I do believe if there are images that are from an exclusive source (an example would be those that I shared here earlier from a particular person), then out of courtesy, I would strongly recommend at least make a note of where you got them from.

Yes, this is the internet, but you guys have to look at from the other point of view. Would you like it if someone posted your images on another message board without some kind of acknowledgement of where they came from? In my case, I let jmglenn know that I was giving the NHL Tournament of Logos blogger a heads-up about his photos to consider using for the blog entry. Then I made sure I posted the appropriate credit for the photos when I decided to share the link of the HFBoards thread and the blog post with you guys here.

This isn't to single anyone out or say that anyone was out of line for doing what was done. But I just think that from now on, it would be a good idea to post anything that is from an exclusive source to give the proper credit.

Okay, the Phoenix Coyotes didn't post a photo gallery or video clip yet, but they did revise the original news release to say the jerseys have been unveiled at CoyotesFest earlier today with a photo of Ed Jovanovski. There is just a photo on the home page where the five most recent news items can be accessed.

Phoenix Coyotes official news release (September 15):

Coyotes unveil new RBK Edge uniforms

And here is a new second blog entry on the NHL Tournament of Logos site. It has a few more really nice photos there as well.

Coyotes unveil new uniforms!

Oh I wouldn't doubt that your hosted images appear everywhere, however, I am sure you still get some credit from some people in some places. It just bothers me a bit when people just copy and paste without giving some kind of source... because its not as though he found all those images, he just found them on a site that had collected them all and displayed them together, the same way he eventually did. If it was just one image, fine, but the fact it was all of them it kind of bothered me. I'm sorry it has been drilled into me to "SOURCE, SOURCE, SOURCE" and that I sometimes like to see it happen in every day situations... ^_^

No big deal, man. :P Just trying to say that no one is going to die because of it. If someone wants to be like that (intended or not) so be it. :D

Something I just noticed about the Coyotes new pants. The stripes are similar to the signature Adidas 3 stripes. Adidas just happens to own now Reebok. Subtle corporate synergy/advertising?

capt.c0f176f49c1a4fb6926d67ad0d7fcc9f.coytoes_camp_hockey_azrf113.jpg

That's not Wayne in the picture is it? I can't see him in those flashy new helmets. He needs the old Jofa helmet back.

Something I just noticed about the Coyotes new pants. The stripes are similar to the signature Adidas 3 stripes. Adidas just happens to own now Reebok. Subtle corporate synergy/advertising?

That's not Wayne in the picture is it? I can't see him in those flashy new helmets. He needs the old Jofa helmet back.

Yes because Wayne Gretzky is bald and is well known for wearing #28 and a visor.

untitled-6.jpg

Yes because Wayne Gretzky is bald and is well known for wearing #28 and a visor.

I think he ment shane doan that kinda at a quick glance looks like wayne.. way to be sarcastic for no reason.

spacer.png

I think he ment shane doan that kinda at a quick glance looks like wayne.. way to be sarcastic for no reason.

Sorry but I don't see the resemblence at all, which is why I figured he meant the other guy.

Plus I've had a bad day so sorry about that,

untitled-6.jpg

Sorry but I don't see the resemblence at all, which is why I figured he meant the other guy.

How come I can see you? :wacko:

It's a crazy world we live in

That joke never get's old :P

Sorry dude. :P Hope you have a better day tomorrow.

I doubt that'll happen. I've had one of every guys worst nightmares come true today.

untitled-6.jpg

I doubt that'll happen. I've had one of every guys worst nightmares come true today.

It happens to everyone at one time or another. Just get your hands on some of those little blue pills and things will start looking up before you know it!

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

It happens to everyone at one time or another. Just get your hands on some of those little blue pills and things will start looking up before you know it!

LMAO! I'm 16 I don't have that problem, but thanks. That made me laugh so hard!

untitled-6.jpg

LMAO! I'm 16 I don't have that problem, but thanks. That made me laugh so hard!

So... you went to school without any clothes on then.. and there was an assembly? I'm trying to think of what my worst nightmare was at 16, but I think it was not getting NHL Hockey for the Genesis for my birthday.

When I was 16, I had a nightmare that Mitch Williams gave up a series-ending home run...

Sometimes nightmares come true.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

jovanovski_091507_jersey.jpg

So, your telling me that the Coyotes can fit their captain letters on the right, but the Red Wings can't do it on theirs and are forced to put it on the left?

Also, the Blues new set is a downgrade in my opinion, but it would have been only a slight stepdown if the arch on the back didn't abruptly stop at the rbk logo. That's where it goes wrong in my mind....

IMO, the blues jerseys are fantastic. Now that I have seen the entire uniform, I give it an 8/10. My only dislikes are the white on the pants, I would rather of just used yellow and that the shoulders are rather wide when it runs down to the arms. I will more than likely buy one.

It is not fair to compare these jerseys to one another. Some teams didn't even change - which I find to be absolutely ridiculous.

Boston and Toronto has just as much tradition as Detroit and Chicago. They went out of their way and conformed with the league. I'm not knocking detroit or chitown, but they could have atleast lost the stripe at the bottom of the jersey. I will not compare teams that have drastically altered there uniform (panthers, blues, flames, etc) to those that have held onto the same style for years (det, chicago, new jersey, etc).....

I know the new look may not be traditional and may step on certain fans toes, but this is not your grandpas league anymore. The NHL may as well try something different. If it doesnt work out, they can always go back. If you don't like the new jerseys, dont buy them and still rock your old ones! I still wear my 80's style blues jersey. I liked the 2000 style, but I dont see where all the other blues fans here say its perfect. It's not. I don't even place it as the second best jersey for the franchise. Thats another discussion of its own.

anyway, just calm down. We're fighting over jerseys - its clothing..... jesus.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

jovanovski_091507_jersey.jpg

So, your telling me that the Coyotes can fit their captain letters on the right, but the Red Wings can't do it on theirs and are forced to put it on the left?

I don't know if they were forced. Maybe they didn't like the look of it on the right and decided to move it to the left where it traditionally was back when uniforms were as tight as these new uniforms are.

Archived