2007-2008 NHL Logos & Uniforms

BBM

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IMO, the Sharks are the team that has made the best use of teal. Paired with the original gray, it looked dignified and was the best look a team has recently entered the NHL with. With the increase of black some years ago and now orange, I'm really disappointed at the steps backward they've taken--they've fallen back into a pack of gimmicky sets that they used to be head and shoulders above.

Okay, I added onto Artymous' edits and came up with this.

Not far off their original uniforms teal uniforms. The roads are different, but I think better.

sharks.jpg

Oops.. haha.. I *knew* I was missing one color combo, but I couldn't remember exactly what the original dark jersey's striping looked like until I looked it up, and by then I didn't feel like editing it anymore.

This does look better.

Although.. looking at it a bit longer.. the black shoulders are kind of out of place now.

I love the sharks jersey. It's that traditional-style design. Looks wonderful. Not big on the orange, but it doesn't subtract too much from the overall jersey

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

I posted the following elsewhere, so my comments might be familiar to those that visited other forums with me the past two hours. Artymous, those are excellent touchups in replacing the orange with silver. But in regards to what was just unveiled...

"This is among the top three to five new jerseys in the entire league. What a winner! I know some might be critical of a new modern logo with a retro look to the jersey, but you know what? I think it works. This is SO MUCH BETTER than the previous jerseys we've seen for the past nine years. So much simpler, cleaner and great use of the colors. I know that orange was less noticable back in 1991 and is more an accent color now, but it works here.

My all-time favorite Sharks jerseys are the original ones when the team entered the league. Seriously, this is a great new look for the Sharks, hands down. I've been hoping for something like this ever since they've been wearing those ugly jerseys since 1998. The black alternate was the best of the three. I think a black one in the future is worth consideration.

My gut feeling is that this new jersey set will be a big hit with Sharks fans. Maybe not everybody, but certainly the majority. At least that is what I predict."

I know there were be some people here or other forums that don't like the new look and may argue that this won't be overwhelmingly popular. That's not a problem as everyone has their own opinion. Mine is only an opinion, too. No logo or design will be 100% accepted. It just doesn't happen. That's why teams already know that no matter what they put out there as a brand, there will always be a number of fans who don't like it.

capnSHA5.jpg

From seeing the game shots of these, I really thought they were going to suck but these are actually one of the best jerseys that have come out of thie Edge-abortion. *clap clap*

... What?

CCSLC Check List for liking a jersey:

1) No piping - Check

2) Hem stripe - Check

3) Huge triple stripe on elbows - Check

4) Shoulders different color than chest - Check

5) 2007 style logo on 1908 styled sweater - Check

6) Reuse of the one logo on chest and shoulders - Check

7) Nothing interesting happening - Check

These look terrible. There is one BIG problem... the new logo on a 78 year old template. I just doesn't fit. Throws is all off.

Pick an era and stay in it! Be traditional or contemporary. You can't be both.

1) No piping - Piping has not been used in a good way AT ALL on ANY of the Edge jerseys that have come out. There's nothing wrong with piping, it's just been used idiotically.

2) Hem stripe - Look at Toronto and Phoenix... with NOTHING going on on the bottom of the jersey they look like crappy long sleece t-shirts you could pick up at walmart.

3) Huge triple stripe on elbows - That's irrelevant to a good design. In fact I still like the old Sharks jerseys better than these.

4) Shoulders different color than chest - Irrelevant as I typically don't like shoulder yolks.

5) 2007 style logo on 1908 styled sweater - That's a perception in your own mind. The jerseys work.

6) Reuse of the one logo on chest and shoulders - That's the one thing I hate about the jersey. They should have used the fin logo.

7) Nothing interesting happening - Not sure what you consider "interesting." Is the 5-year old scribble design of Calgary's interesting? Seems kind of messy to me.

6) Reuse of the one logo on chest and shoulders - That's the one thing I hate about the jersey. They should have used the fin logo.

that's where ur wrong. Shoulder=Full body shark, main crest=shark in triangle.

that's where ur wrong. Shoulder=Full body shark, main crest=shark in triangle.

The full body shark and main crest aren't different enough to be used three times on the jersey.

1) No piping - Piping has not been used in a good way AT ALL on ANY of the Edge jerseys that have come out. There's nothing wrong with piping, it's just been used idiotically.

What do you define as piping? What do you define as a good use of piping?

I define it as a thin, generally single stripe.

I'd consider it piping on the Hurricanes shoulders. That looks wonderful.

I'd say it's integrated well enough on the Blues jerseys (though I'd rather it not be there than be there).

And I'd just about call the striping on the Blue Jackets blue jerseys piping, and a great use of it.

Other teams use of it is niether awesome nor terrible.

I actually think the piping looks good on the Oilers jersey, specifically on the blue jersey. The blank stripe down the sleeves looks stupid, but the piping is a nice addition.

There may be other solid piping looks as well, I'm just not up for going through them.

What do you define as piping? What do you define as a good use of piping?

I define it as a thin, generally single stripe.

I'd consider it piping on the Hurricanes shoulders. That looks wonderful.

I'd say it's integrated well enough on the Blues jerseys (though I'd rather it not be there than be there).

And I'd just about call the striping on the Blue Jackets blue jerseys piping, and a great use of it.

Other teams use of it is niether awesome nor terrible.

I actually think the piping looks good on the Oilers jersey, specifically on the blue jersey. The blank stripe down the sleeves looks stupid, but the piping is a nice addition.

There may be other solid piping looks as well, I'm just not up for going through them.

The problem with piping is how Reebok tends to use it. In all but a few rare cases it is put on the uniform without any forethought at all and for the most part looks horrible. I think this is the problem with Reebok in general. They have all this gimmicky looking panels everywhere that don't mesh or flow with the rest of the uniform. The only thing on the new NHL uniforms that does look like it was well thought out is the cut out on the back of the jersey for the Reebok logo. not much surprise there.

As for piping that is done correctly, they should take a look at the previous generation Nike international hockey uniforms that were designed by a member of this board. That was how piping should look. I don't remember anyone complaining about those when they came out. Quite a contrast to the Swift and Edge debacles that followed.

DEATH TO REEBOK

Archived