2007-2008 NHL Logos & Uniforms

BBM

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

im now convinced that people are complaining for the sake of complaining. is there anything anybody will be happy with?

The sharks release something that resembles something of a respectable design and still get complaints. My opinion they are one of the best in the league behind boston and columbus. i'm glad they didn't go hem lineless, crazy piping, incomplete shoulder striping, bleeding colors or city name on the front. my only real gripe is the front numbers but i can live with those given they really could have messed these things up like over half the league did to their uniforms. I wouldn't even mind owning one of these sharks jerseys.

oh and to answer a poster a few pages back. If the sabres released their uniforms with something resembling JS's sabres logo on their current template, it would at least be tolerable and acceptable. i'm not a big fan of the template it self, so it still gets low marks for it and the logo gives it an automatic F. interstingly, the sharks template is perfect for JS's sabres logo and would automatically make them one of the best dressed teams in the league.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Pics from the Devils-Flyers Game:

fullj.getty-76097042bb014_philadelphia_.jpg

capt.c5714c8efd0048e7bc4dd0b175181d91.flyers_devils_hockey_njtl102.jpg

capt.74231847a6a74903859c00bfc2c123b1.flyers_devils_hockey_njtl107.jpg

mcjeebus those white elbows look hideous from behind in the second picture.

and on another note... those sharks jersey are losing ground with me too... i really liked how they looked sans player.. but i just don't think they look good being worn.. which is kinda critical if you ask me...

sig.png

Apparently these new jersey's tear easily in fights. From the blog of Devils beat writer Tom Gulitti.

Enforcer Cam Janssen might have injured his shoulder tonight because of the league?s new Reebok Edge sweaters. His sweater ripped during his two first period fights with Philadelphia?s Jesse Boulerice. That might have helped Boulerice pull Janssen?s jersey over his head in both altercations and win both decisively. Arron Asham also had his sweater tear during his fight with Riley Cote.

"These new jerseys are supposed to make you faster, but what good are they if they tear that easily,? Mike Rupp said.

http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?sh...&start=4740

Although I can't say I'm saddened by the loss of Janssen in the Devils lineup.

If the NHL sees more of this, they just might have to scrap the jersey midway through the season and go back to the original uniforms, which would be freakin hilarious.

I mean teams like the sharks and sens would just throw their new logo's on the old jerseys and the rest of the teams will find a way to adapt their new designs they like or scrap it if they hate the piping love.

THis will be an interesting season.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

im now convinced that people are complaining for the sake of complaining. is there anything anybody will be happy with?

The sharks release something that resembles something of a respectable design and still get complaints. My opinion they are one of the best in the league behind boston and columbus. i'm glad they didn't go hem lineless, crazy piping, incomplete shoulder striping, bleeding colors or city name on the front. my only real gripe is the front numbers but i can live with those given they really could have messed these things up like over half the league did to their uniforms. I wouldn't even mind owning one of these sharks jerseys.

So, basically, you're saying that because it's not as bad as some of the others, that it's untouchable?

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I wish the Avs would've kept the mountain pattern on their new sweaters but the road whites are kinda growing on me.

Hlinka_action.jpg

"Mr. President, call in the National Guard! Send as many men as you can spare! Because we are killing the Patriots! They need emergency help!" - Shannon Sharpe

Apparently these new jersey's tear easily in fights. From the blog of Devils beat writer Tom Gulitti.
Enforcer Cam Janssen might have injured his shoulder tonight because of the league?s new Reebok Edge sweaters. His sweater ripped during his two first period fights with Philadelphia?s Jesse Boulerice. That might have helped Boulerice pull Janssen?s jersey over his head in both altercations and win both decisively. Arron Asham also had his sweater tear during his fight with Riley Cote.

"These new jerseys are supposed to make you faster, but what good are they if they tear that easily,? Mike Rupp said.

http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?sh...&start=4740

Although I can't say I'm saddened by the loss of Janssen in the Devils lineup.

I know I've said it a couple times in this thread already, but I really have a sneaking suspicion that without the friction of the old cloth socks and slightly the material of the old jerseys that these things are gonna have a cooperall effect and send players hurtling knees and ankles first into the boards. History is repeating itself. What am I basing this off of? Nothing, the new socks and jerseys just look like they wouldn't help you stop when you fell on the ice.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I was at the Oilers game last night against the Panthers. I'm disappointed in the the Oiler's jersey, mostly because it's incomplete. With really only the odd stripes on the arm, it's too minimal. They look "okay" but not great on the players. They could have done better. They need at least one more element to make it better (shoulder color, maybe the secondary logo, bottom stripes, something). I keep trying to justify that that they look good, "looking to the future" in a design way, but I can't. Seeing what they did for the Springfield farm team, even for the WHL Oil Kings, they could have done better.

One thing I noticed is the stripes on the arm are narrow in the front and widen quite a bit going around the back, nearly twice as large.

For myself, as long as the design is good, I don't mind the extras like added piping. I like a lot of the new designs, but not all of them. The Oilers jersey is one that I'm trying hard to like but haven't yet. And it sucks because that's my team. I don't want to just "get used to it".

The fans around us were all talking about them, mostly indifferent, but you could sense a little disappointment. Since most people probably don't share our interest in jerseys, it'll be their reaction that influences the team. Hopefully something will be changed, but knowing this team and it's minimal changes to it's identity, it doesn't look promising.

The Panthers on the other hand, looked pretty good in their whites. They use a nice red that looks good from the stands. Too bad they went with navy on their home jersey.

well after seeing neon's pics...I am NOT getting a new Thrashers jersey.

or just buy a bigger size so that it doesn't fit so tightly...something bigger than you usually would.

No matter how big you go they'll still have that womanly hourglass shape to them. It looks godawful on a regular dude as opposed to an athlete with pads and junk.

No questioin. I am within 5 to 10 pounds of ideal weight and I don't think it would look good on me. In fact, I don't even think it looks good on neon, who is quite thin. I don't really think they'll look right on anyone.

It reminds me of a bruins jersey I had as a kid. I thought it was so cool and I clung to it until it got too small. I wore it until it looked absoultely silly on me. I think these will always look too tight--no matter how large of a size is purchased. Uniforms change. If these provide better performance in any way, it may be a move for the best. However, for a sport that does pretty well with its colorful, big, baggy (gut-hidding) and I assume quite profitable jerseys that act as billboards for the sport, they may have wanted to think this through.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

capnSHA5.jpg

From seeing the game shots of these, I really thought they were going to suck but these are actually one of the best jerseys that have come out of thie Edge-abortion. *clap clap*

... What?

CCSLC Check List for liking a jersey:

1) No piping - Check

2) Hem stripe - Check

3) Huge triple stripe on elbows - Check

4) Shoulders different color than chest - Check

5) 2007 style logo on 1908 styled sweater - Check

6) Reuse of the one logo on chest and shoulders - Check

7) Nothing interesting happening - Check

These look terrible. There is one BIG problem... the new logo on a 78 year old template. I just doesn't fit. Throws is all off.

Pick an era and stay in it! Be traditional or contemporary. You can't be both.

1) No piping - Piping has not been used in a good way AT ALL on ANY of the Edge jerseys that have come out. There's nothing wrong with piping, it's just been used idiotically.

2) Hem stripe - Look at Toronto and Phoenix... with NOTHING going on on the bottom of the jersey they look like crappy long sleece t-shirts you could pick up at walmart.

3) Huge triple stripe on elbows - That's irrelevant to a good design. In fact I still like the old Sharks jerseys better than these.

4) Shoulders different color than chest - Irrelevant as I typically don't like shoulder yolks.

5) 2007 style logo on 1908 styled sweater - That's a perception in your own mind. The jerseys work.

6) Reuse of the one logo on chest and shoulders - That's the one thing I hate about the jersey. They should have used the fin logo.

7) Nothing interesting happening - Not sure what you consider "interesting." Is the 5-year old scribble design of Calgary's interesting? Seems kind of messy to me.

Hey Capn your website is awesome and great job on all jersey but there is a problem with the Blackhawk jersey the tomahawk handles on their home jerseys are not red but green like their previous jerseys. This can be seen at their website under the photo gallery. The jersey you show is the premier which is different apparently from the authentic.

donm.gif

Gordon-Tech-Rams.png

Hey Capn your website is awesome and great job on all jersey but there is a problem with the Blackhawk jersey the tomahawk handles on their home jerseys are not red but green like their previous jerseys. This can be seen at their website under the photo gallery. The jersey you show is the premier which is different apparently from the authentic.
Blame NHL.com :P Those bastards! lol Honestly I would have never noticed.

The Rangers won the "Douchebag Organization of the Summer" award for being the last team (thanks in part to NHL.com) to make available images of their jerseys in the style of those on the Jersey Grid. Congratulations New York! :D (I had Buffalo picked to win the award, but New York pulled it out)

NHLin0708.jpg

"I hate the piping on these new crappy jerseys!!! What the hell were they thinking?!?!? Where're the hemlines? This sucks!!!"

*Sharks unveil hem-lined, non-piping jerseys*

"WHAT THE F***?!?!?!? A modern logo on a traditional sweater? BULL****!!!! This sucks!!!"

or...

"God, I wish the Blackhawks/Canadiens/Red Wings/etc. had tie-necks on their jerseys. This sucks!!!"

*Wild unveil home jersey with tie neck*

"WHAT THE F***?!?!?!? A new team with a traditional neckline? BULL****!!!! This sucks!!!"

or even...

"These new jerseys are WAY too busy. I hate them with a passion. Simplify, you idiots! This sucks!!!"

*Maple Leafs/Stars unveil clean, simple designs*

"WHAT THE F***?!?!?!? I'm never watching hockey again! BULL****!!!! This sucks!!!"

I believe I have made my point. :cursing:

"I hate the piping on these new crappy jerseys!!! What the hell were they thinking?!?!? Where're the hemlines? This sucks!!!"

*Sharks unveil hem-lined, non-piping jerseys*

"WHAT THE F***?!?!?!? A modern logo on a traditional sweater? BULL****!!!! This sucks!!!"

or...

"God, I wish the Blackhawks/Canadiens/Red Wings/etc. had tie-necks on their jerseys. This sucks!!!"

*Wild unveil home jersey with tie neck*

"WHAT THE F***?!?!?!? A new team with a traditional neckline? BULL****!!!! This sucks!!!"

or even...

"These new jerseys are WAY too busy. I hate them with a passion. Simplify, you idiots! This sucks!!!"

*Maple Leafs/Stars unveil clean, simple designs*

"WHAT THE F***?!?!?!? I'm never watching hockey again! BULL****!!!! This sucks!!!"

I believe I have made my point. :cursing:

I second that.

Get ready to get flamed.

Archived