2007-2008 NHL Logos & Uniforms

BBM

It took input from countless individuals and years of re-working for the Islanders to finally approve of the new Rbk Edge Uniform design they felt epitomized the next phase in franchise history.

The new outfit was designed through a process of comparing samples from both internally designed jerseys and those produced by Reebok. The final decision was made with input from Islanders executives, players and coaches.

Once again, more evidence that flies in the face of everyone irrationally screaming, "RBK is ruining the league!" The individual teams are having a hell of a lot of input into these designs. If you want to assign blame for your team's lazy, ugly, piping-ridden template, look to the club's front office.

Yep - more confirmation of what we had already heard.

I do like the numbers, though. But who's the girl on the beach? :P

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Also there is a bit of a spolier in this article. Where it states "The Islanders, along with four other teams, feature numbers on the front, with more likely to follow in the coming years. Besides most fans, the play-by-play broadcasters love it.

So that either means that there are 2 more teams adding the numbers to the front of the jerseys. Let the debate begin.

Well...we know the 1st 3.

1-Buffalo

2-Dallas

3-NY Islanders

My guesses: 4-Minnesota, 5-St-Louis???

I hope not all teams do this. Some would look good, some would look horrible. But we do know for sure that the Wings will never do so.

Edit: You're right Gothamite, I've added another choice.

I like 'em. They remind me of the Penguins' Stanley Cup look, and the colors look great together, even if the blue is wrong. The detailing sucks, but it's much less noticeable on the players than it is when hanging on the rack.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who likes the new Isles jerseys, cause I might have just kept my opinion to myself, if that was the case.

I really like the new arm striping, where they made orange the dominent color instead of navy, that makes them somewhat unique. I also like the shoulders, they kept it traditional in a way similar to the red wings but added more color and stripes to make it a more flavorable change.

I'm not too sure I saw this here yet:

4883546b8bf38cd91a.gif

Well that picture isn't hosted by the Devils, and there is nothing on their website about an unveiling, so it may just be a photoshopped CBJ uniform.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I'm not too sure I saw this here:

4883546b8bf38cd91a.gif

Think that's new.

Shame - a lot of people were speculating that the Devils would use the Bruin template, not the Blue Jacket one.

That's fake. I don't even think those people even work for the Devils.

4883546b8bf38cd91a.gif

I like

It's should be fake. Looks too much like Columbus and the Devils are assumed to be more conservative when it comes to jerseys, so there new stuff probably won't be much different.

4883546b8bf38cd91a.gif

Well that picture isn't hosted by the Devils, and there is nothing on their website about an unveiling, so it may just be a photoshopped CBJ uniform.

Of course it's fake. Why else would that image be 15 pixels high and feature an amazingly floating jersey? Silly.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

4883546b8bf38cd91a.gif

Of course it's fake. Why else would that image be 15 pixels high and feature an amazingly floating jersey? Silly.

And why would they only unveil the road uniform?

I'd say the jersey itself is fake, thought the press conference image looks real. The guy on the right sort of look like Lou Lamoriello.

--Roger "Time?" clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Right. It's an actual press conference and someone pasted an ugly concept jersey in it. And why would the podium feature a big white box?

People need to use some sense before posting obviously photoshopped images.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Also there is a bit of a spolier in this article. Where it states "The Islanders followed in the footsteps of the extremely popular Buffalo Sabres jerseys by including the players? numbers on the front of the jersey. The Islanders, along with four other teams, feature numbers on the front, with more likely to follow in the coming years. Besides most fans, the play-by-play broadcasters love it.

So that either means that there are 2 more teams adding the numbers to the front of the jerseys. Let the debate begin.

I had read an article in my local newspaper (The Hamilton Spectator) about the Sabres new jersey over a year ago that the front numbers were a mandatory league mandated addition. They were requested by news agencies who often have photographers take photos from the front where no numbers end up being visible and it was very hard sometime to correctly identify the player for the caption for the picture. Now oviously not everyone has them (yet) but everyone blamed the Sabres and it wasn't reall even their idea.

shamrockles.png

shamrocklescronological.png

4883546b8bf38cd91a.gif

This was already posted and I think it was discussed that its fake. Does it really look real to you guys?

It looks incredibly fake to me

Yah...that podium looks real fake to me...and who is that guy on the right side? He looks like he was plucked from some Senate hearing or something.

Jersey looks nice though...

Archived