2007-2008 NHL Logos & Uniforms

BBM

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This teeny-tiny hem stripes fad is becoming a bit unnerving. It looks like the elastic waistband of '80s baseball pants.

Makes me glad Carolina stuck to their guns and kept their wide, garish, warning-flag stripes. They'll look even better now.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Ottawa sort of leak, but I doubt those are the real jerseys. The old jerseys are in the video as well and the centre ice logo is still the old one.

Where do you see anything close to a leak?

Yeah, I'm not seeing it either. Those are all last years uniforms and logos. There are shots of Washington vs. Columbus in there too. Maybe that's what you're mistaking for the leak.

I thought new designs had to be turned in to the league by a certain date for approval? Or am I thinking about one of the other sports?

In general there is a deadline, but for this re-design, I don't believe this rule has applied.

The Canucks had a private photo shoot for the new uniforms a couple of weeks ago. They're in the can.

DEATH TO REEBOK

the more i look at this thread, the more that isles jersey is growing on me.

white could use a little less orange, and im not a fan of front numbers, but its not too shabby. piping on this design doesn't bother me because it's used in a more traditional way around the shoulders.

still puking at that oilers screenshot :(

oh, and i noticed this quote on the islanders site.

In order to keep pace with the new times, the Islanders followed in the footsteps of the extremely popular Buffalo Sabres jerseys by including the players’ numbers on the front of the jersey. The Islanders, along with four other teams, feature numbers on the front, with more likely to follow in the coming years. Besides most fans, the play-by-play broadcasters love it.

four other teams? um, other than buffalo, has another jersey release featured front numbers? so we know that there will be more.

P.S. - I have heard rumblings that Vancouver has not yet come up with a final jersey design. It is close, but not yet ready to be sent for production like most of the other teams.

I thought new designs had to be turned in to the league by a certain date for approval? Or am I thinking about one of the other sports?

They've also already held a private photo shoot in Vancouver with the new jerseys, which Willie Mitchel sort of slipped up by revealing a week or so ago, so I don't believe these "rumblings" are credible. I think is a little bit ridiculous to suggest that they haven't even finalized a design yet when the team will be opening training camp in less then a month. I can't see the NHL or the team cutting it that close, and surely the process of finalizing a design, the accompanying merchandise, and creating that merchandise takes a whole lot longer than 25 days.

white could use a little less orange, and im not a fan of front numbers, but its not too shabby. piping on this design doesn't bother me because it's used in a more traditional way around the shoulders.

In order to keep pace with the new times, the Islanders followed in the footsteps of the extremely popular Buffalo Sabres jerseys by including the players? numbers on the front of the jersey. The Islanders, along with four other teams, feature numbers on the front, with more likely to follow in the coming years. Besides most fans, the play-by-play broadcasters love it.

four other teams? um, other than buffalo, has another jersey release featured front numbers? so we know that there will be more.

by all accounts, dallas will, too...

so we really only need 1 more team...

buffalo, long island, dallas, and who?

In order to keep pace with the new times, the Islanders followed in the footsteps of the extremely popular Buffalo Sabres jerseys by including the players’ numbers on the front of the jersey. The Islanders, along with four other teams, feature numbers on the front, with more likely to follow in the coming years. Besides most fans, the play-by-play broadcasters love it.

I'm going to guess the Blues...

by all accounts, dallas will, too...

so we really only need 1 more team...

buffalo, long island, dallas, and who?

My guess is the Blues.

Hi, how are you?

Archived