2007-2008 NHL Logos & Uniforms

BBM

Looking at the close-up slideshow of the new Sens jerseys, I am absolutely convinced they are the exact same template as those "leaked" Pittsburgh jerseys.
Maybe.

SensPens.jpg

Yeah. That confirms it. There's no "maybe" about it.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looking at the close-up slideshow of the new Sens jerseys, I am absolutely convinced they are the exact same template as those "leaked" Pittsburgh jerseys.
Maybe.

SensPens.jpg

Yeah. That confirms it. There's no "maybe" about it.

Which goes to show that the talk about Reebok only having a certain number of templates to choose from is most likely true.. and begins to eliminate true originality in the uniforms.

Not that there was an *awful* lot to begin with, and the 3rd jersey program showed that teams with too much power over design can really, really screw up.. so there are pros and cons to either side. I'm just not liking this whole "monopoly" business

It was reported on the Blackhawks message board that the new jerseys will be unveiled on September 14. Hopefully they don't change anything, the addition of a lace-up collar could be nice, though.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Maybe.

SensPens.jpg

Add Calgary into the mix. At least they tried some of their individuality.

capnFLAMES1.jpg

ctmpphpMcpPmR.jpg

Courtesy of hfboards

They look like Washington.

My first though when i saw that picture was indeed Washington.

It was reported on the Blackhawks message board that the new jerseys will be unveiled on September 14. Hopefully they don't change anything, the addition of a lace-up collar could be nice, though.

I agree 100% a nice tie-up collar in most cases gives the jersey a classy feel.

untitled-6.jpg

ctmpphpMcpPmR.jpg

Courtesy of hfboards

Oh hell no! Not those freaking ugly socks that all of a sudden look like dripping paint or whoever designed them on Illustrator with the pen tool was distracted and thought the stripe going from horizontal to thin vertical stripes looked good. A "B+" uniform falls to a "D-" or an "F" based on that one element! What we should do as a community is put together the best 5 designs for each team and send tie Bettman up and say that the league will adopt our better designs!

I agree 100%. So now the socks have templates too! That's the dumbest thing about the Edge jerseys so far. That means that every team with that template will be forced to wear that ugly pattern.

:cursing:

ctmpphpMcpPmR.jpg

ctmpphp8G3DPm-1.jpg

ctmpphp8G3DPm1.jpg

tmpphpcQidwf.jpg

tmpphpxi8SPC.jpg

Pros:

Throwback shoulder patch

Stripes on the pants

no piping

though simplistic, the letter is a great improvement

cons:

disgusting socks (they don't look so bad from the front though)

No attempt to stray away from a template

no horizontal stripe at the bottom of the jersey

All in all I'd give it about 65%, I'd give it a 75% if it weren't for the socks.

I found this list at This Website

Senators ~ Aug 22

Lightning ~ Aug 25

Canucks ~ Aug 29

Flames ~ Sep 4

Thrashers ~ Sep 13

Stars ~ Sep 14

Flyers ~ Sep 16

Hurricanes ~ Sep 16

Oilers ~ Sep 17

I don't know if you knew of this list or how they found it, but i thought i'd post it anyway.

ctmpphpMcpPmR.jpg

Courtesy of hfboards

Oh hell no! Not those freaking ugly socks that all of a sudden look like dripping paint or whoever designed them on Illustrator with the pen tool was distracted and thought the stripe going from horizontal to thin vertical stripes looked good. A "B+" uniform falls to a "D-" or an "F" based on that one element! What we should do as a community is put together the best 5 designs for each team and send tie Bettman up and say that the league will adopt our better designs!

I agree 100%. So now the socks have templates too! That's the dumbest thing about the Edge jerseys so far. That means that every team with that template will be forced to wear that ugly pattern.

:cursing:

So 1 team unveils those style socks and now every with a remotely similar style (and with all the jersey coming at at really one time most on here are stretching it when you say 2 teams have the same uniform) has to have those socks. Do you think before you type?

I found this list at This Website

Senators ~ Aug 22

Lightning ~ Aug 25

Canucks ~ Aug 29

Flames ~ Sep 4

Thrashers ~ Sep 13

Stars ~ Sep 14

Flyers ~ Sep 16

Hurricanes ~ Sep 16

Oilers ~ Sep 17

I don't know if you knew of this list or how they found it, but i thought i'd post it anyway.

They probably nabbed it from NHL Tournament of Logos He's had dates in the sidebar for a couple of months now, and updates it whenever he receives official or semi-official news.

I think they "look" like washington due to the templates screens I posted earlier on. When you have cookie cutter templates to follow, eventually some are bound to look alike. The socks at the back aren't that terrible, gives the players more of a "zoom" look. I guess these jersey's really did leak more than a month ago by 2k8.

The only way these look like Washington's is that they are red. Other than there are no similarities. Washington has a blue side panel going down the side (on both red and white uniform), has a horizontal stripe at the bottom, and has a red (or white on dark) stripe going down the front part of the sleeve. Not to metnion the socks are very different with the Caps socks being blue at the top of both home and road.

The only way these look like Washington's is that they are red. Other than there are no similarities. Washington has a blue side panel going down the side (on both red and white uniform), has a horizontal stripe at the bottom, and has a red (or white on dark) stripe going down the front part of the sleeve. Not to metnion the socks are very different with the Caps socks being blue at the top of both home and road.

The style at the back of the jersey + the font and the numbers are very reminiscent of washington

vakw1010622201024x768ez0.jpg vs ctmpphpMcpPmR.jpg

These uniforms are teh s uck...

...and they don't have to be.

Fix th socks and slap the profile centurion on there, and i think you got one dynamite uniform...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

This new jersey is clean, not overly cluttered, and I love the change-up of the barberpole-O for the shoulders. Not only does it harken back to the history of the old Senators, but it's something completely different than using two different POVs of the same logo.

Agreed. This sweater isn't a home run (if you don't mind me mixing my sports), but it's close. Very close.

A standing triple. One of the best re-designs so far.

The classic O is so much better than putting a similar logo on the shoulders. That never made sense to me.

I wis they had kept the number & name font from last year's red and black jerseys, the new font is too thin and generic. And although I do love the "O" logo it doesn't seem to fit with the style of the uniform.

Archived