Chargers alternate jersey dates

jojotarantino

That's all? Only two games? Sheesh.

It's an NFL rule that you can only wear an alternate uniform twice per year. They have worn the powder blue alternates twice per year for the past few years.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

That's all? Only two games? Sheesh.

It's an NFL rule that you can only wear an alternate uniform twice per year. They have worn the powder blue alternates twice per year for the past few years.

Wasn't that the point of the new Charger look, that the powder blue is now part of the official uniform and not an alternate anymore? Seems I remember the Falcons wearing their new black jersey to start out a season and then getting on a hot streak with the red jerseys and simply continuing to use them that year.

To me, an alt is a throwback where as what the Chargers have now is 3 official uniforms. Just me?

I believe the Falcons did that before they made the 2 a year rule.

And officially the chargers have a Home, Road and Alternate(powder blue).

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

Thanks for the info.

Man, the NFL drives me crazy with these rules. I guess you can wear a different pant color whenever you want but try and wear a different jersey color and the world comes to an end.

I still remember when the Saints got a heavy fine for wearing their 1967(ish) throwbacks for a Sunday Night game after wearing their gold alternates. Apparently wearing more than 3 jerseys in a season is a cardinal sin in the NFL.

And for the record, rumor has it the Falcons changed to red because Vick liked the red better, and I can still remember when he was coming back from his leg injury in 03, there was this big campaign about Vick being back, and you could see nothing but Falcons reps in the red (then)alts. So yeah, I attribute us changing to red as a primary just because Vick liked em, and it stuck.

Thanks for the info.

Man, the NFL drives me crazy with these rules. I guess you can wear a different pant color whenever you want but try and wear a different jersey color and the world comes to an end.

That's a great point. Is there an official NFL position on pants? It's as much a part of the uniform as the jersey, but it seems teams are granted far more leeway with bottoms than tops. And it makes zero sense.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

if it makes you feel any better, they can always wear the powder blue uniform's pants with the white jerseys as a sneaky-alternate.

titans wore every combo of navy/columbia/white tops/bottoms, except for navy tops and columbia bottoms and columbia blue tops with white bottoms.

that said, i hope we see both of this year :) i love the titans mix-and-match ability. i figured i'd hate columbia-on-columbia, but it had a strange way of looking good to me (maybe because we beat the soon-to-be champs the only time we wore it? lol)

I agree, the pants rule, or the lack of a rule, drives me nuts. I think all teams should have 3 official uniform sets, whereas one set includes a jersey, pants and socks, and no variation of the pants or the socks. The bengals drive me insane, always changing their pant and sock colours.

I'm probably the #2 fan of the Titans uniforms on this board (behind Cole, of course), but I thought the columbia-on-columbia looked awful. Same with navy-on-navy. Doesn't work with a white helmet.

As far as the pants rule goes, the league doesn't seem to have one. I wish they did, since I am sick of seeing terrible combinations.

I'm probably the #2 fan of the Titans uniforms on this board (behind Cole, of course), but I thought the columbia-on-columbia looked awful. Same with navy-on-navy. Doesn't work with a white helmet.

As far as the pants rule goes, the league doesn't seem to have one. I wish they did, since I am sick of seeing terrible combinations.

in a perfect world, i'd want the titans to have these as primaries:

home: columbia on white

away: white on columbia

alternate: navy on columbia

then they could alternate the pants every few games if they wanted to, but i'd like for the sets i listed to be the majority in terms of what you see on the field.

i love the titans white/white/white, too... but we're 0-2 in them, if i'm not mistaken. just looks great, though.

but this uniform is the best of the best titans uniform:

pl_834313.jpg

it's the perfect blend of titans/oilers, and modern enough to not look old-school, but also simple enough to not look ridiculous like the bengals or vikes.

all the titans need to do is change the helmet stripes to match the white pants. then i'd be in heaven.

Don't be surprised if you see the Chargers take the same approach as the Falcons did. If these powder blues start selling a ton more than the navy, they might switch it up and only wear the navy jerseys twice a year.

For the record, in Vancouver, you can't find the navy jerseys anywhere (that I've seen, anyway).

I think it's just a matter of time before the navy becomes the 3rd jersey, m'self.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

As far as a rule on pants goes, I team can wear any pants they want as long as they notify the NFL what color they will wear a certain time before the game. I think that the Broncos got a big fine once for wearing navy pants without telling the NFL.

Do you think that the Falcons will go back to black primaries to try to remove Vick from the team as far as possible?

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I still remember when the Saints got a heavy fine for wearing their 1967(ish) throwbacks for a Sunday Night game after wearing their gold alternates. Apparently wearing more than 3 jerseys in a season is a cardinal sin in the NFL.

And for the record, rumor has it the Falcons changed to red because Vick liked the red better, and I can still remember when he was coming back from his leg injury in 03, there was this big campaign about Vick being back, and you could see nothing but Falcons reps in the red (then)alts. So yeah, I attribute us changing to red as a primary just because Vick liked em, and it stuck.

Would that red be "pit bull blood red"? PANTONE?...

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

...this uniform is the best of the best titans uniform:

pl_834313.jpg

it's the perfect blend of titans/oilers, and modern enough to not look old-school, but also simple enough to not look ridiculous like the bengals or vikes.

all the titans need to do is change the helmet stripes to match the white pants. then i'd be in heaven.

Agreed wholeheartedly about the uniform combo.

As far as the striping..they COULD also change the pants striping to match the helmet too...but, I agree that either way they would look beter if they matched.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived