St. Louis Soccer United

tomhunter8

Athletic Club Twin Cities. That's right, AC/TC. :D

See, now I've always thought that our Thunder supporters group should form a rec team and call it Athletic Club Dark Clouds. ACDC.

----

And, damnit, if St. Louis gets an MLS team before Minnesota, I'm going to feel obligated to support the StL team. Not at the expense of the Thunder, though.

In any case, if it truly happens, I'll be at that home opener.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So would it be an expansion team, or, now that Lamar Hunt's gone, would the MLS finally give up on Kansas City and move the Wizards to St. Louis?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I'd much rather ressurect one of the great indoor teams names than use a European styled name...especially one that would be a direct ripoff of someone else.

St. Louis Ambush

Do you really think St. Louis Ambush is a "great" name? I'm going to have to disagree with you on that one.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

I'd much rather ressurect one of the great indoor teams names than use a European styled name...especially one that would be a direct ripoff of someone else.

St. Louis Ambush

Do you really think St. Louis Ambush is a "great" name? I'm going to have to disagree with you on that one.

I'm with you there, L88. Maybe Storm. I'd stay Steamers, but that name has too much history as an indoor team (which has been crapped on in the last few years) to use it for an MLS team.

If you're insisting on something not "European styled," you could use the SLSU logo, with some mods, and use Knights.

POTD 2013-08-22

I'd stay Steamers, but that name has too much history as an indoor team (which has been crapped on in the last few years) to use it for an MLS team.

I don't know if this was intentional or not, but either way, tee-hee.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

No, it wasn't. But that is kinda funny. *heh*

Seriously, the Steamers are not orange, with some awful gradiented floating ball and generic wordmark. Bah.

POTD 2013-08-22

I kind of hope they start fresh and leave behind all of the other nicknames previously used in other soccer leagues. I'm not a fan of recycling names within a sport.

Not to mention that the names "Storm" or "Steamers" sound way to predictable and boring. It would be like having a Seattle MLS team named the "Lancers". Too much history and too predictable for my taste.

How about the St.Louis Dragons? My beloved F.C. Porto Dragoes (Dragons in Portuguese) are a top team in European soccer...or atleast they were. Maybe St. Louis can borrow the nickname and have a subtle connotation to the European team. IDK, sometimes I think MLS team names are way over thought and over done. I just hope this team doesn't go down the road overly traveled.

St. Louis Ambush

No.

I didn't mean the name was great.

I meant the team was pretty great (edit: I actually don't remember what I meant, but that's what I'd mean now), so you could honor them with that name. But that'd be somewhat low on my list anyways, but higher than something like St. Louis AC.

I do think St. Louis Steamers is a great name.

I like Kevin's IFA club name - St. Louis Fleur AFC, that could definitely work as a good blend of euro-style and american nickname. but then it's french, so perhaps not......

Better still would be Fleur de St Louis, all in a French accent.

Not to mention that the names "Storm" or "Steamers" sound way to predictable and boring. It would be like having a Seattle MLS team named the "Lancers". Too much history and too predictable for my taste.

If an MLS team in Seattle is anything but the Sounders, MLS will have failed.

And if the ECS follows an MLS team named anything but the Sounders, I shall forever label them bandwagoning poseurs.

POTD 2013-08-22

i like the name Mockba.

im not really good at it, and i know that people on this site enjoy doing it, so i wondering if anyone wanted to post some uniform ideas? im just really excited for this team to hit the field, its gonna be sweet

Onward, Christian soldier!

hahaha....you're wicked funny

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

St. Louis Ambush

No.

I didn't mean the name was great.

I meant the team was pretty great (edit: I actually don't remember what I meant, but that's what I'd mean now), so you could honor them with that name. But that'd be somewhat low on my list anyways, but higher than something like St. Louis AC.

I do think St. Louis Steamers is a great name.

Stemers is the best name, and the team that has the longest history in St. Louis, although they never won a championship. The Ambush isn't a great name, but they are the only indoor team to win a championship.

Archived